Other DVD Players & Recorders:

Pros

Cons

Very good blu-ray player

Comments about Samsung BD-D5500 3D Blu-Ray Player:

This is a great blu-ray player with good smart features that would be great with just a few improvements. It be much improved if more video apps such as HBO Go was included. The disc playing features are very good. The picture is smooth with great color and clarity. The sound quality could be better which is common with most unless you add a great sound bar or other home theater equipment.

The blu-ray discs play quickly and the wireless apps stream well with highspeed internet.

Sound Quality
It really needs the addition of home theater equipment if you want great sound quality.

I have no problems with the ability of the player to keep playing disc after disc, day after day.

The use of the smart apps take a little time to figure out but once you do it's easy.

• Sound Quality:

This blue ray player has excellent video quality!!!

Comments about Samsung BD-D5500 3D Blu-Ray Player:

I love this blue ray player. The picture quality is outstanding and it's so user friendly! I would highly recommend to anyone!! The onscreen display is so easy to follow. You do need to keep it updated to play current DVD's but that's very simple. The Samsung tech sent me simple instructions for the upgrade and I was able to do it myself! Samsung even called me within a couple of days to make sure I was able to upgrade without any problem. Anytime I have the option to do it myself without having to spend hours on the phone sure makes my life easier! I have a couple of other Samsung products that are just as easy to maintain and have always appreciated the great quality of Samsung products!

Good, solid player

Comments about Samsung BD-D5500 3D Blu-Ray Player:

It has worked perfectly for me since the day I plugged it in. My family uses it daily to stream Netflix. It does hang up sometimes, but not nearly enough to lower my rating of it. We also use it 10-12 times a month to watch blu-ray and DVDs. It is a pro at this. No complaints here. It is a good, solid blu-ray player.

• Sound Quality:

It has last a long time...

Comments about Samsung BD-D5500 3D Blu-Ray Player:

I have never had a problem with this Blu-ray player. I have had it for almost 2 years and it's working like it was yesterday when it arrived in the mail. I have even accidentally left it on over night and it automatically shuts off after no use. Overall, it's an awesome product!

Disappointing performance

Comments about Samsung BD-D5500 3D Blu-Ray Player:

This DVD player claimed to be able to stream Netflix and other services. Unfortunately, its connection to Netflix was extremely spotty, and we found ourselves having to log into our Netflix account repeatedly - sometimes three or four times during a movie. Watching Netflix on other devices did not have the same difficulty. We eventually gave up and bought a different brand of player.