Other Misc. Kitchen Items:
Reynolds

Baking is a snap

I am a Food network junkie along with my husband since it was new on cable.  We both have learned a lot from this channel and I saw many shows where they used parchment paper and it sounded like a great idea for baking, but I could never find it.

The past few years I have been handed down our Christmas family tradition of making the family recipe of Danish Kringle. (The Original  Danish Kringle is a wonderful butter layered Danish pastry filled with all sorts of goodies, gooey pecan, apple, cherry etc).  My families recipe takes two days to prep and bake.

The one big down fall is when some of the yummy filling (sugar, cinnamon and pecans) would come out onto the baking sheet during baking it would leave a mess on the pan and you better get the Kringle's off fast or they were not going to come off.

Mom asked if I was ready to take over making the kringles and I said "Yes, gulp".  I went to the store to get all the items needed for my new venture and I saw a display for **Reynolds Parchment Paper.**  Yippee, at last I found my parchment paper.  I was so excited. It was the day to bake the Kringle and I got my parchment paper out and on those pans.

I took them out and there was some overflow which is expected (per Mom) and I was amazed at them just sliding right off the parchment paper. (Yes, I even said "WOW" and called my Mom right away to tell her about this paper).  She said "oh, sure I pass it on to you and you found out how to get away from the worst part".  I did! I did!  Yes, I am still excited about this product.  So simple and nothing sticks to it and you can also use it more then once.  I am ready to line all my baking pans with **Renolds' Parchment Paper**.

I am now on year three of taking over this family tradition and I will not bake my kringles without my parchment paper!  A wonderful product!

Paper thickness was reduced

I have been using Reynolds Parchment paper for years and I have always been happy with the product. The last one I purchased however was noticeably thinner. I noticed it the instant I touched it. I use this primarily for baking bread and often have to lift the loaf with the paper. Today with the thinner paper it tore and was very brittle so it broke into small pieces. Hopefully I just got a bad batch.

Paper thickness was reduced

from Easton, MD

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Convenient
  • Kitchen necessity

Cons

• Thinner

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Reynolds Parchment Paper:

Totally changed the way I bake!

from Ohio

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Convenient
  • Easy To Use
  • Quality Construction

• Entertaining
    • Gifts
    • Large Kitchens
    • Simple Meals
    • Small Kitchens

Comments about Reynolds Parchment Paper:

I don't know how I made it this many years without using parchment paper! It's a game changer! Love this product! I use it in sweet and savory baking! Cookies, roasted veggie, meatballs, etc! Nothing sticks, cooks evenly and the pans are so easy to clean afterwards!

Comments about Reynolds Parchment Paper:

Before moving to America from the UK 7 years ago I had not heard of parchment paper. I used to bake my cookies on thin metal cookie sheets (where were admittedly somewhat old) and I would always get a little disappointed when they burnt on the bottom. Then I discovered Reynolds Parchment Paper - a God send for all bakers, chefs and for that matter those of us that hand wash our pots and pans. I was astonished that just by placing what looks like some burn-less tracing paper onto a pan that cookies didn't burn, they didn't stick and the pans didn't get dirty. You don't even have to add cooking spray. I have also used Reynolds Parchment for cooking Salmon en papillote, little parcels wrapped up in order that the food steams which is apparently a more healthy way of cooking. The only criticism I can think of is that the rolls of parchment are usually taped with starter tape when you first open them and I nearly always cerate my fingers trying to get the tape off. The box of parchment is made from 100% recycled paperboard which is always a good thing.

I'm a new convert--and I'm hooked!

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Reynolds Parchment Paper:

I bought a roll of Reynolds Parchment Paper after I received a new cookie cookbook as a Christmas gift and made some cookies that the book said were "slightly sticky." Well, that was an understatement. Bene wafers are more than slightly sticky--they absolutely fight to keep their hold on the pan. I threw away the pan and my first batch of cookies, and invested in a roll of parchment paper. What a fabulous thing for cookies! My cookies are beautiful, not burned on the bottom, and I don't tear them all up trying to pry them off the pan anymore. I recommend this stuff to anyone who bakes.

I have better things to do than scrub baking sheets!!!

from small town, OH

Comments about Reynolds Parchment Paper:

I just started using Reynolds Parchment Paper about a year ago, and I wish that I had found it sooner. It is simply fantastic! It works well on cookie sheets, as well as when it is necessary to line a cake pan. Years ago, many recipes called up lining a cake pan with waxed paper --now tell me -- who wants melted wax on the bottom of a delicate layer cake or any other pastry. Not me, and I am sure not you. Reynolds Parchment Paper gives me much better cookie and baking results. My cookies never stick and come easily off the parchment paper. I make some treats that are a cross between a cookie and candy and I always had messy, melted chocolate on my cookie sheets to clean up. No longer. If I am frosting my cookies, I slide the cooled cookies on the parchment paper on my kitchen counter and frost them while they are still on the parchment paper. Again, no messy clean up. Reynolds Parchment paper is a real time saver and makes baking so much more enjoyable. I always have an extra roll in my pantry so that I never run out.

No more brownies sticking in the pan!

from Denver, CO

Comments about Reynolds Parchment Paper:

I hate cleaning pans. And more importantly, I hate baking cakes and brownies and having parts of them stuck in the pan once they're cool enough to remove. Although cooking spray is great, something it adds too much of an oily feeling. Greasing and flouring the pan can also leave unsightly white streaks or make the cake bottoms a bit dry. That's why Reynolds Parchment Paper is a terrific tool for any baker.

It typically comes in a 30 sq. ft roll. Parchment paper is sturdy and non-stick, so no need for additional oil. Big tip: don't use the cutting blade on the box. It won't cut evenly. I just take the roll out and fold/cut it with scissors or a knife (much like cutting wrapping paper to size). For brownies, I make little "slings" to cover the bottom of the pan, up the sides, and a little left over to make a handle. Once the brownies have cooled, it's really easy to pick them up by the parchment handles and move them to a cutting board for perfect slicing (rather than trying to slice them in the pan and dig them out). For cakes, I cut out rounds or squares to fit the pan - they peel right off the layers once they're cooled. You can even place strips of parchment under the outer edges of the cake while you frost directly on your cake plate - then pull them away and you'll have perfectly clean frosted edges with no crumbs or frosting smears on your plate.

A roll can be a little expensive, but look for deals around key baking months and you'll usually be able to use a coupon with a sale.

Endorsed by the Cookie Monster

from Fairfield, CT

Comments about Reynolds Parchment Paper:

If you love eating freshly baked cookies that are baked perfectly, then I highly recommend lining your cookie baking sheet pan with Reynolds Parchment Paper. In the past, I was always frustrated with baking cookies, until I was advised to use parchment paper. Now I bake the perfect cookie every time. Moreover, cleaning my cookie baking sheet pan became even easier. Granted, some may not want to purchase parchment paper, because it is sometimes expensive. However, Reynolds Parchment Paper is available in most supermarkets and is often affordable when it is purchased with a coupon and on sale. Just cut the parchment paper from the box and place it on top of the cookie sheet. Place the cookie dough on top of the parchment paper. Bake cookies per recipe or store package.

Reynolds Parchement Paper Saves the Day

from Round Rock, TX

Comments about Reynolds Parchment Paper:

Reynolds Parchment Paper is my helper in all things baking! I make a lot of cookies and brownies, but my specialty is a family recipe for Czech kolaches! As a yeast-risen dough filled with fruit jam, the kolaches tend to stick to my baking sheets. I don't remember exactly when I discovered Reynolds Parchment Paper, but....it's a miracle! No sticking, no burning. And the best part is that you can slide the parchement paper right off the baking sheet WITH the goods still on it onto a cooling rack. No mess, no spills. If you're like me, without enough baking sheets for the next batch of goodies to go in the oven, you can then cool the now empty pan, tear off another parchment sheet and continue with baking. The only draw-back I have with this product is that the parchment does not always tear cleanly and straight. I then need to trim the uneven edge with scissors (or it will burn in the oven!) All in All, a good product I can't bake without.

Do not bake without Reynolds Parchment Paper!

from Durham, NC

Comments about Reynolds Parchment Paper:

I absolutely love this product. The Reynolds Parchment paper has saved my cookie sheets and then some. For me there is now no other way to bake things like cookies, crescent rolls, biscuits and more. Just lay a sheet of the parchment paper across your baking sheet (pan, whatever you happen to be using) and put the dough down and into the oven. Cookies come off in a snap, no crumbly mess or sticky-stuck bottoms. No chocolate chips melting into the pan and needing to be scraped off with a spatula. This paper is a fantastic product, and when you tear off a sheet for use they are actually re-usable! I've saved them in a ziplock bag and used them again for the next batch, and the baked goods stay just as fresh, and are just as easy to remove as from the first time I used the parchment paper! This is a must for anyone who likes to dabble in a little baking now and then!

No Sticking! No cleanup!

from Decker, MI

Comments about Reynolds Parchment Paper:

I use **Reynolds Parchment Paper** for everything from baking cookies, cooking fish, buiscuits, roasting chicken pieces and many other things!!

Not only does it save me tons of time on cleanup (as my dishes stay clean - and I just throw out the paper), but it saves me from using oils and butter to keep the food from sticking to the pan - which in turn reduces the amount of fat I ingest.

**Reynolds Parchment Paper** is a perfect tool for the busy cook who wants to spend more time baking and less time doing dishes.

When I bake cookies, I tear 6-8 sheets of the **Reynolds Parchment Paper** (however many dozen cookies I am baking) and then I can preload the parchement paper with cookie dough and just slide the parchment onto baking sheets.

I would completely recommend **Reynolds Parchment Paper **to every one who prepares food!!