Other Air Purifiers:
RabbitAir BioGS Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier

RabbitAir BioGS Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier

Air Filter

Comments about RabbitAir BioGS Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier:

Good air circulation, very hard to keep working. Consistently shuts off unexpectedly, initially starts but refuses to continue working. Continued "change air filter" light even after it has already been changed. Please consider better preventative maintenance.

Ease of Maintenance
For some reason, the filter wouldn't work unless the front cover was removed. This made its continued operation and efficiency difficult. Also, the filter finally stopped working entirely after about six months.

Dust/Allergen Removal
While it was operational, the filter removed dust and allergens relatively quietly and very efficiently. My sleep and breathing were consistently better with the filter running - while it worked.

The filter was not manhandled or placed in any situations where it sustained damage, but nonetheless discontinued working after only a relatively brief period of time. This was most disappointing.

• Ease of Maintenance:
  • Dust/Allergen Removal:
  • Filter Availability:

Would never buy another brand

from Livingston, TX

Comments about RabbitAir BioGS Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier:

My thought when buying this air purifier was "you get what you pay for" - well that is certainly true. I've tried cheaper units and always ended up not using them, throwing them out, donating them, etc. because they just never seemed to make a difference. The RabbitAir BioGS really works! When I start cooking or doing something that could "dirty" the air, it immediately turns red and kicks into high gear to clean the air. It really can sense when the air is dirty. It promptly does it's thing and then settles back down to normal as soon as it senses that the air is clean. I live in Arizona where there is a high amount of dust in the air - so my filters need changing more than they did when we lived back in New England. The cost of filters is high - but well worth it since they work so well.

Ease of Maintenance
So easy to change the filters! There's really nothing else to do.

Dust/Allergen Removal
I live in an area with high dust and it quickly cleans the air and makes my house allergen-free.

Filter Availability
Filters can only be found online - this unit is a bit too high end for retail stores so I can't give it anything better than a 3 rating.

I've had my unit for a few years and it's doing great!

When it senses the air is dirty (e.g. if a pet walks by and stirs up dust or I start cooking), it kicks into high gear and cleans the air.

Love the design - it's attractive and almost artistic!

• Ease of Maintenance:
  • Dust/Allergen Removal:
  • Filter Availability:

RabbitAir-Feel much better since adding into my room.

from 93306

Comments about RabbitAir BioGS Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier:

Rabbit Air BioGS (model 421A - covers 600 sq. ft.) Ultra-Quiet Air Purifier w/ Germicidal Sterilization- Low Maintenance - Washable Filters! My husband has asthma and I have severe allergies. we slept better the first night. I have set mine on the auto setting and it runs so quite that I can't hear it unless my husband farts and the machine kicks up to clean the air (which in this case I don't mind the noise). I have since purchase another unit for my front room.

Pros:

The HEPA filter is coated with antiviral/antibacterial agent to last longer

-1.5 year filter life with continuous use.

-5 year Warranty

The Odor and Particle sensors on front actually function accurately. I would have thought it was a cheap gimmick but they actually work! Its a nice extra feature you don't see elsewhere (when my dog walks by or farts this thing kicks up on high. It's amazing I have seen it many times and would not have believed it had I not seen it my self).

I can't really think of any cons except perhaps the price.

THis is an excellent air cleaner.

from Dublin, OH

Comments about RabbitAir BioGS Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier:

THis is an excellent air cleaner.   My family is very allergic to dust and it does a very powerful job of collecting dust and keeping dust at the very minimum.  In fact, I can tell if I don't run it.  It also cleans odors.  The only negative I can think of is that the filters are expensive to replace. The warranty says to replace every three years.  Because of our allegies, I do run it on high and have had to replace every four months.  I guess if you ran it on low or medium, that would be true.  Worth the price!