Other Air Purifiers:

Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier

Pros

Cons

Honeywell Oscilliating Tower IFD Air Purifier

The Honeywell Oscilliating Tower IFD Air Purifier is a good air purifier but it does have it draw backs. For one, I think it is too big. It takes up too much space since it has to be placed several feet from the walls to be effective. It is as loud as a fan but saying that you can use it as a fan on hot days since it blows out refreshing air. Even on low speed it is loud in a room where you might be watching TV. I like that it does oscilliates because it sends the purified air all around the room faster than an air purifier that just sits still. I like that it has three speeds, since having it on high sends the purified air around the room faster. I like that the filters are permanent. Although you have to clean the filters, it is not that difficult. That saves you money since you never have to replace them. I like the design and shape of the purifier. I like that it has an energy star approval. You can run it all day and it costs practically nothing. And I can say it has definitely improved the quality of the air in my home. I feel like the air is fresh all the time. Which is wonderful with two pets in the house.

Ease of Maintenance
Fairly easy to maintain. Filters are permanent and easy to remove and clean.

Dust/Allergen Removal
The Honeywell Quiet Clean Tower Air Purifier does a great job of removing dust/allergen products in the air. I can breathe easier with the air purifier and I don't suffer from any allergies. It makes the whole room smell clean and fresh.

Filter Availability
Filters are permanent so you don't have to worry about running all over town trying to find any filters.

The Honeywell Quiet Clean Tower is very durable and withstands being on all the time. So far I have not had a problem. Just keep the filters clean and the air purifier will take care of the rest.

The Honeywell Quiet Clean Tower is very effective at its job. The air is cleaner and fresher. No doggy smells (since I have two dogs inside that is great !!) Guest that come into my home don't realize I have dogs inside until they see them.

I think the Honeywell is just a little too big and a little too loud but I am accustomed to that by now. But it would be nice if it was smaller and quieter.

Honeywell Air Purifier Made My Air Worse

After researching many air purifiers online, I decided to purchase this brand and model because it got the best reviews and the Honeywell brand is well-respected. The price was a bit high, but based on reviews and the prices of other units I decided to try it out. I suffer from indoor, outdoor and seasonal allergies. I also have a very sensitive nose. So imagine my discomfort when when I plugged in my new air purifier and noticed a chemical-like smell after running it for awhile. This is a problem that Honeywell is aware of and their solution is to run the unit outdoors for 24 hours. This has to be done outdoors, according to the manufacturer, to allow the smell to completely dissipate because running it indoors would just recycle the air. I wasn't able to run the unit outdoors, so I had no choice but to return it. I was disappointed, but the smell gave me terrible headaches which is what I was trying to alleviate by purchasing an air purifier.

Cleans air and is great

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier:

It is good to have because I like to breath clean air and stay cool at the same time. It has settings on the top which is good and easy to use for me. The exterior is easy to clean it also has settings buttons on top. I would recommend this air purifier.

Ease of Maintenance
It is very easy to manage and it doesn't collect dust easy.

Dust/Allergen Removal
The air purifier is very good it removes dust and lint in my room. It also cleans all bad air and cools my whole room, I really like it.

The exterior is easy to clean and it is also very light and can also be moved by one person.

It's very good it made my room very cool and clean I really think it's great.

It is a floor standing air purifier that is long from the floor and up it does not take up that much space which is nice. The exterior is made of plastic and it has button controls that are located on top of the unit. It also has a dust filter in the back of the purifier which you can clean.

• Filter Availability:

Makes breathing at home easier

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier:

I have allergies and sensitivities to pollen, smoke and dust. Living in a townhouse complex, there isn't much I can do in terms of our furnace and air conditioning systems, so I wanted to buy an air fitration system. We were on a budget, so I wanted to find something that was affordable and still worked well. This was the unit for us. It is quiet, small and fits in well in our bedroom. Within two days I noticed a difference in my breathing and had a lot less issues. I really like this unit and am glad we purchased it.

Ease of Maintenance
It is easy to clean, replace filters. It is also easy to move to a corner or out of the way when you don't want to be using it.

Dust/Allergen Removal
Nothing is perfect. Especially a lower priced air filtration system. But for the price of this unit, it does a fantastic job of keeping the air in my bedroom clean and breathable.

Filter Availability
I have never had any issues finding filters. Of course, anything is possible these days with amazon and other web stores. But there were also in stock locally.

This is an extremely effective unit for the price.

I like the sleek look of this unit. It isn't clunky and doesn't stand out as much as some of the other units. I also like the color.

• Filter Availability:

Keeps air clean and cool

Comments about Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier:

I was in search of a tower air purifier to help keep the air in my apartment clean. I have bad allergies, especially to dust, so I thought an air purifier would help reduce the allergens and allow me to breathe better. I bought a Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier because of its description, the fact that it's a tower and can easily fit in a corner, and because Honeywell is generally a popular brand. The purifier is fairly quiet. It does make some noise and you'll know its on, but it is quiet enough to have it on at night and doesn't disturb sleep. The air that comes out of the purifier is quite cool, so it could serve double duty as a light fan. I have noticed that dust doesn't accumulate as quickly in the house with the purifier, and I do not have it running all the time, usually just a few hours during the day or at night while sleeping. I feel that my breathing and allergies have been a little better since I have started using the purifier. For cleaning, the filters can be taken out and washed easily. I don't have any experience with other purifiers, so I can't compare efficacy, but I am satisfied with this Honeywell air purifier.

• Filter Availability:

Quality air filter at a fair price

Comments about Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier:

Neither my husband or I are allergic to anything, but we do have two large pets with very long hair, and my husband's mother came to live with us for nine months, and she is extremely susceptible to pet dander, dust, allergens, and is pretty much allergic to everything known to man kind. So we decided that we needed to buy an air purifier in order for her to survive the next nine months with us and our two pets. We selected this Honeywell Quite Clean tower because was supposed to be quiet, be efficient enough for a large room, and had very good reviews. The results were very satisfactory, according to my mother-in-law. She did not experience half as many allergy attacks as she normally would have had we not had this air purifier. It is very quiet, the oscillating feature is really awesome, and the HEPA filter made a huge difference in the quality of the air inside our home. I could not believe how much stuff got trapped on the filter when we washed it for the first time. I guess you just never realize how dirty the air you breathe can be since you cannot see it. Even though my mother-in-law has now moved out, we continue to use it since, even though we do not have allergies, breathing a cleaner air can never hurt!

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to take out and clean the permanent filter. It also saves quite a bit of money since you do not have to purchase a brand new filter every time.

Dust/Allergen Removal
This air filter does remove air pollutants and airborne allergens, you can see it on the filter, pretty amazing.

So far so good. We have had it for over a year and still runs quietly and smoothly.

It says it removed up to 99% of airborne allergens and even though there is no way for us to measure that, seeing the HEPA filter after a day of use will let you it does work.

Nicely designed, sleek, quiet. The only negative is the length of the cord, which is not as long as I would like it to be, especially since they say you should place the air filter at least three feet away from the walls. Unless you have many different outlets in the room, you do not have much flexibility as far as that goes.

• Filter Availability:

Honeywell Air Purifier is the greatest!

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier:

I purchased the Honey Wall Quiet Clean Tower Air Purifier HFD 120-Q for my daughters bedroom after she was diagnosed with asthma triggered by allergens. This purifier cost more than I really wanted to spend but it was a great purifier according to the reviews. I was extremely satisfied with the outcome of this air purifier. I noticed a difference in my daughters asthma symptoms shortly after buying this purifier. I noticed the air in her room was cleaner which she was breathing better, and her allergy symptoms improved significantly. She began to use her rescue inhaler less and she was able to sleep better to. This air purifier is so quiet to that I can run it in my daughters room at night and it not keep her awake. I also noticed less dust. Because of the allergens and dust that accumulated in my daughters room so quickly, to keep my daughter healthy I would have to dust at least 4 times a week and now I am only dusting a couple times a week and I am noticing there is less dust. I am so satisfied with this air purifier.

Very good air purifier

Comments about Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier:

I bought this air purifier for my home when we adopted a pair of huskies because my husband suffers from asthma exacerbated by pet fur. I was reluctant to spend so much but I wanted something effective and I read good reviews for Honeywell Quietclean Tower Air Purifier plus it looked very good and sleek so I decided not to be stingy. I was not disappointed. The air quality has evidently improved reflected by remarkable reduction in my husband's asthma attacks at home. It does its job quietly and effectively. I love it so much I bought it for my sister who lives in Pakistan as this one does not need a replacement filter it is easy maintenance and it is working very efficiently in place like Pakistan where air is very polluted. If you have a family prone to allergies then this is worth the money you spend as you get your money's worth in an impressively designed air purifier with no maintenance cost in terms of replacement filters. Easy to keep and maintain clean air at your home.

Not needed.

Purifies the Air!

Comments about Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier:

I love the Honeywell Quiet Clean Tower Air Purifier (HFD120-Q) so much! It really purifies the air and makes my allergies go away! During the allergy seasons (months of April-May), my allergies tend to kick up a notch. The purifier really eases my symptoms of stuffiness. Also, my house tends to have a lot of dust so the purifier helps ease that as well. The purifier isn't loud and noisy, It's also not bulky in size and it's nice looking. I really like the simple black glossy design, and you can place it anywhere in your house or apartment! The Honeywell Quiet Clean Tower Air Purifier is absolutely durable (I've had mine over four years I think and counting!) and it's easy to maintain. Also, if you live with a lot of people in your house, you should think of buying this air purifier to "clean" the air. With too much people in the house, it can be stuffy. I really love this air purifier and you should buy it too!

GREAT!

Comments about Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier:

My boyfriend and I recently decided to purchase an air purifier for ourselves as our neighbor had a nasty smoking habit (yes-inside! Gross!) and we both have pretty bad allergies and we were hoping to improve our health. Let me start by saying when they say quiet they mean QUIET. This baby doesn't make a sound at all! I guess that can be a bit of a bad thing as well, because we sometimes forget it's there it's so quiet! You also have to remember to clean it, which can be a bother, but it's just so easy to easy! And, boy, does it pick up some gunk out of the air!! You won't be able to believe how much it has taken out of the air the first time you check it.
The design is very nice, very sleek. I love that it comes in black as it matches my other electronics. Another great thing about the design is that it is very well made and durable. I have to admit soon after we purchased it, before we had found a spot for it and were just trying it out, I did knock into it quite a few times, but it works great and didn't even pick up a scratch!

Nice Purifier

Comments about Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier:

I was looking to purchase an air purifier for our home. In the winter we keep the house tightly closed up because it is cold up here in Wisconsin! I thought that getting an air purifier would help keep the air feeling better in the house. I wanted one that was thinner so that I could tuck it into a corner of the room, and one that is quiet! This one fit the bill pretty well. I feel that there are less dust and allergens floating around in the house since we started using this air purifier. We have a dog, and I think that this has helped keep the dog "stuff" out of the air. This purifier is pretty easy to take care of, and overall, is very unobtrusive in the house.

Complete waste of money

from Harvey, LA

Comments about Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier:

This product has not performed to my ecxpectations sorry I bought it.I have not seen a differnce in the air quality in my home.It is not completely quiet.It has not removed any unwanted oders in the air as it claims including cooking oders,smoke,etc.The dust in the air and furniture is still the same amount as it was prior to purchasing.The filters for it are not cheap either.I think this product does not live up to what it claims it does.I have only bought one purifier for the that actually seems like it does the job somewhat and this one is not it.

Dust/Allergen Removal
I have saw no difference than before I bought this product.