Other Coffee Makers:

Cons

Presto 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffeemaker O

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Presto 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffeemaker 0:

I have used a lot of Presto products and have been happy with every one of them. When I purchased this electric Presto 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffeemaker O, I continued to be very happy. This is a nice choice for an alternative way to make coffee when you want something besides a conventional drip coffee maker. All the numbers that indicate water level are very easy to read. The basket that goes inside is very durable and easy to use. I do fill the basket up outside the coffee pot and then set it inside after filling the coffee maker with water. I do this to keep any unprocessed coffee grounds from falling into the water. The lid fits tightly on top. The handle is very sturdy and designed so that it can be picked up, coffee poured and then set the coffee maker back down using one hand. The balance is just right. The electrical cord is long enough and stays plugged into the base of the coffeemaker while I am using it. The pour spout has a nice angle on it to allow easy and precise coffee pouring. The whole unit is very easy to clean and is very durable.

• Brew Performance:

Stainkless steel trumps other perculating coffe-makers.

Comments about Presto 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffeemaker 0:

This beautiful stainless coffee-maker also works beautifully. Unlike some, it brews completely in one brewing, leaving a rich and full taste.

Brew Performance
We bought our coffee-maker used, and it came with a defective shaft, but once we replaced that, one run through the machine delivered a complete brew. Now our Hamilton Beach stainless 12-cup is the best coffee-maker we've ever owned.

Other than the spout, which you can clean only with a tooth brush, this coffee-maker is fairly easy to clean.

There's nothing difficult about using this fine coffee-maker.

While this coffee-maker works well and the design fits its purpose, it could probably be improved upon.

This coffee-maker has fallen off our counter more than once and has actually improved in working use since its second fall. (We don't know why this is, but it brews better now!) The stainless is a high-quality and very durable material.

Beautiful entertainment piece

Comments about Presto 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffeemaker 0:

The price was great considering I use it only when we have parties and the coffee gets lots of positive remarks from the Seattle crowd. I appreciate the quality that Presto maintains over the decades. Looks beautiful. Easy to use.

Brew Performance
Brewed 12 cups quickly and quietly. Kept the coffee at the perfect temperature for a couple hours.

No problems cleaning. You don't have any hard stains to scrub so washing by hand is a breeze. Just don't submerge the electrical component in the dishwater and you will be fine.

I've learned many ways for brew coffee since moving to Seattle. Peculating was low on my list but as it turns out the method is simple and the coffee flavor is highlighted well. Not bad for being "old fashioned".

The Presto design fits well in my kitchen. It looks professional, reflects tastefully on the past, but ultimately the stainless steel is modern. It doesn't have to be a show stopper, but can take an event up a notch for sure.

Not for me

from Duncan, SC

Comments about Presto 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffeemaker 0:

I came across the Presto 12 cup Stainless steel electric coffemaker and decided to give it a try because it was on sale and I like to try new products. Three words pretty much sums up the Presto Coffeemaker, it's just not for me. I am use to a traditional drip coffee maker which I have been using since forever but like I said I wanted to try something different. The Presto Coffee Maker kind of reminds me of a kettle type pot that that my aunt use to always have on her stove for coffee and tea so that is one of the things that drew me to this maker and the fact that it is electric and not a stove type heat. I will admit that my coffee does seem hotter when I use my Presto but to me it is just too slow. I like my coffee quick and ready to go and my traditional drip coffeemaker gives me that. While I do like the overall design of the Presto coffeemaker it is not enough to sway me from complete use of my traditional .

Great tasting coffee

Comments about Presto 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffeemaker 0:

Well if you want some wonderful tasting coffee, well this is it. Not fancy, not frilly, just a beautiful sleek design that can brew you a cup of coffee very fast. These have stood the test of time and it will not let you down. The coffee tastes and smells wonderful. Try it. I assure you it will not disappoint.

• Brew Performance:

Works great and no plastic inside.

from Bryan, TX

Comments about Presto 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffeemaker 0:

I wanted a coffee maker that did not impart a plastic taste to my coffee.  All the drip makers I could find had the hot coffee running through plastic pipes or a plastic basket or sitting in a plastic dispenser.  All I wanted was coffee that only touched stainless or glass - something that I hoped would be nontoxic and not impart any flavor or plastic smell to my coffee.  This gift was perfect.  There is plastic - the base is plastic and the handle is plastic and the top of the lid is plastic but none of these touch the water or the coffee - all the "innards" are stainless.  The coffee tastes good, smells good, and is much hotter than any drip coffee I have ever had.  It did take me a couple of trys to get the grind right (coarser grind) but now I even brew preground coffee when I am in a hurry, and it does take me longer to set it up than a drip maker, but it makes the coffee faster, so not much time difference.  Very good coffeemaker - I regularly make 4 mugs worth two to three times a day.  Highly recommend it.

presto perculator makes delicious coffee

from Nathalie, VA

Comments about Presto 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffeemaker 0:

I have had this brand of coffee pot for years and I love it.I bought my first Presto coffee perculator back in 1995 and it still works.The only mechanical problem I've had to date is the plug-in that goes in at the base of the pot ( not the plug that goes into the plug socket in the wall) wore out and needed to be replaced but no worries this plug can be purchased at any hardware store.The workings inside the perculator contain a shaft with a spring a basket with little holes in the bottom which can become clogged with coffee grounds if not cleaned often and make the coffee weaker than desired.  The best way I have found to keep the perculator clean is by rinsing out the perculator removing the grounds then fill it up to it's maximum with cold water and put the workings in as if I was making coffee and then plug it in and let it perculate.I do this twice a week  and it stays pretty clean but I still need to use elbow grease once in awhile. It usally takes seventeen minutes to perculate before getting a great cup of coffee.

This percolator brews a rich flavored coffee

from Blacklick, OH

Comments about Presto 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffeemaker 0:

This percolator belonged to my fiancee's mother and we got it after she passed. No more drip type coffee makers for me. The perked coffee has such a rich flavor. The pot is easy to clean as are the stem, basket, cover and lid. Don't have to worry about dropping the pot and having it smash all over. It is well balanced with weight.