Other Coffee Makers:

Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Electric Percolator

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

I couldn't go camping without it.

from Troy NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Electric Percolator:

We are a family of avid campers... however, without coffee, I doubt I would be any fun to go camping with. I'm just not me until that coffee gets into my bloodstream. Since purchasing the Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Electric Percolator, camping trips have improved greatly.

Gone are the days of breaking a glass coffee pot in our travels, and then scrambling to find a Dunkin Donuts so I don't spend the rest of the day snapping at the kids ...

I now have a stainless steel, durable coffee maker which makes delicious coffee in no time flat! It is easy to use, it is easy to clean, my only disappointment is that I did not find the Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Electric Percolator sooner. It makes a ton of coffee and keeps it warm, so true caffeine addicts like myself can have four or five cups before lunch!

I would recommend this coffee maker to anyone, whether for your household coffee pot or for your travel coffee pot.

• Brew Performance:

Way better than a traditional coffee pot!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Electric Percolator:

Keeps coffee HOT! If you are one of those people that wants it almost boiling hot when you pour it into your mug that this is for you. Great tasting hot coffee and it takes no more time to prepare or clean than a typical machine.

Brew Performance
Brews better than a coffee pot and better tasting than a Keurig in my opinion.

It is a pain in the neck to rinse out and set aside to dry due to its heavy bottom in a small sink, but it is easy enough to clean if you rinse all the parts when your done with your morning brew. I don't use harsh cleaners for mine - just a hot water rinse and maybe a slash of soap once a week then air dry it.

Very easy to operate. I set mine up the night before and just plug it in the morning.

Attractive design for on the counter, but make sure you are careful when putting your coffee grounds in as they can get into the coffee if you spill a little when putting it all together.

Never dies - very durable.

• Brew Performance:

Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Electric Percolator is a great coffee pot.

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Electric Percolator:

I love my percolator coffee maker; finally I have a coffee maker that actually keeps the coffee hot. It takes about the same time as an automatic drip machine, but tastes a lot better. I can not tell you how many compliments I have gotten from guest who stopped by for coffee and conversation. I also love the ease of cleaning. Its stainless steel body is a breeze to whip down. The one draw back is you must empty when you are done and rinse it out. You don't won’t to let left over coffee stand in this machine or it will stain and mold if forgotten about. I sure you will enjoy your Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Electric Percolator as much as I love mine.

Brew Performance
It brews as quickly as an automatic drip, taste better and stays hotter longer.

There are parts that must come out to be cleaned and you can not submerge in the sick. You will also need a bottle brush to reach down into the dip on the bottom of the pot.

Operation is fairly simple. Fill with water to the line that is marked on the inside of the pot. Place your coffee grounds in the provided cup. Place the cup on the pole and add the lid. Plug in to a wall socket to start brewing. Your coffee will be ready to drink in about 10 minuets.

The Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Electric Percolator is a common design, however I do love that it has a stainless steel body for easy clean up.

I have had my coffee pot for several years now and have never had a problem with it.

Great alternative

from Livonia, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Electric Percolator:

I shopped around for a stainless steel coffee pot we could take on our camping trips. We go to sites that have electrical hook-ups and when we don't we take our mini generator with us. We wanted a coffee pot that was very durable and easy to tote around without having to worry about breaking any glass or parts. This does the job very well, makes great tasting coffee faster than the average coffee machine and you don't have to worry about it breaking. I would highly recommend this product for anyone who wants durability and great tasting coffee.

Brew Performance
This makes coffee faster than the "Mr. Coffee" type pots which is absolutely wonderful when you want a cup of joe fast.

The "guts" of the coffee pot are very easy to clean. However, you cannot immerse the pot into water because of the electrical connection, so it is not as easy as you have to be careful not to get water into it.

Very easy to use.....fill it to the amount of coffee you want, put the basket in, fill it with coffee grounds, plug in and withing a few minutes, you have coffee.

The design is great for what our purpose of it was. We go camping, in a tent, and we usually go to a site with electrical hook-ups. So, instead of taking a bulky machine with the pot being glass, which is breakable, this machine was perfect. It didn't take up hardly any space.

We have taken it with us camping and it is very durable as it is stainless steal.

Nice and good

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Electric Percolator:

Coffee makers have certainly evolved over the years and decades. Perk type of coffee makers are no exception. this is the old school type of coffee maker that holds up under lots of use and pressure. Very good product , I bought daughter one for wedding gift i use one as an extra when friends or family are visiting. it works very well in keeping up with a small crowd of people2 to 4 that arent real heavy coffee drinkers.
i did get an idea that seemed to really work very well for christmas time last year of 2012. I went and purchased 4 more of these because we were going to have lots of people over for a pre christmas party. We were then abl;e to offer 5 different kinds or flavors of coffee for our guests.

Amazingly Fast 12 cup Electric Coffee Percolator

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Electric Percolator:

I bought a new 12-cup coffee pot about 3 weeks ago and started using it. It worked fine and then one morning I started it as usual and left the kitchen. When I returned there was coffee everywhere!?! Apparently it turns out that I cracked the glass carafe probably while washing it. I was really disappointed because it was basically brand new and all of sudden now useless. Then I decided to get the one thing that I had been searching for to make my coffee. It was a stainless steel percolator. While I was growing up my grandfather actually had a (non-electric) stainless steel one that he used on our stove-top to brew his coffee every morning when he got up with me before school. They don't make them like the one that he had anymore so I am told. Therefore, I happily found this amazing Hamilton Beach electric stainless steel 12-cup percolator instead when I went out shopping!! I could hardly believe it when I saw it on the store shelf. It was the last one! The minute I saw it -- I was transported back to be 17 and drinking my first cups of coffee with my beloved grandfather. It was not cheap in my opinion, but well worth the price. I never have to worry about breaking it! ;) It was also made by a brand that I am familiar with and trust so I felt comfortable spending the money.

If you love the rich taste of coffee (uses no filters) then this percolator is for you! It brews coffee really fast and you can simply unplug it and your coffee stays hot for a long time! Ah...the beauty of stainless steel. It is easy to use, clean, and also matches any kitchen decor. You can use it for making tea as well...it works just fine! I've also made green chai tea in it too.