Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

PondsPond's Cold Cream Cleanser

Pros

Cons

A beauty staple

I am very stingy doling out 5 star reviews but Ponds Deep Cleansing Cold Cream deserves it. Despite being made of mineral oil, this has never caused breakouts on my skin and I actually believe it helped clear up my (severe) cystic acne. I spread some globs on my face, massage it in, and wipe it off with a baby wipe and I'm left with fresh-smelling, baby soft skin (this routine is so super quick and easy). I also love the magic it works during winter time.  My skin gets incredibly dry during this particular time of year to the point that my skin gets tight and flaky.  Often, the first thing I'll do in the morning is apply a thin layer of this all over my face and go about my normal business and by the time I'm ready to put on my makeup after I have my breakfast, the Ponds has been absorbed and I'm ready for my application with no dryness to work around.  I don't know what I would do without my Ponds. This is a beauty staple for me!

Pond's Cold Cream does not live up to its reputation

Pond's Cold Cream does not live up to its reputation of being a fabulous cream. I have been looking for a great product to try during winter when my skin is hurting from being so dry. I decided to give Ponds a try since they have been around so long and are very inexpensive. I bought a dry skin variation and could not go to sleep with the greasy sticky feeling it left on my face. I tried doing a lighter layer the next night with the same results. I did not want to give up on it so I tried it out for a week straight. I would have to scrub my face the next morning to get rid of the film and ended up with a horrible break out all over my chin. It ended up causing me more problems than I had when I bought it. It took a while for my face to clear up and needless to say I said good bye to the Pond's Cold Cream. I do not recommend this item and hate giving it a horrible review because Pond's is a good brand. This specific product was not good for me at all.

This product has been proven over & over

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
  • Gentle
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Leaves Skin Soft
  • Moisturizing
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great

Cons

• Acne-Prone Skin
    • Combination Skin
    • Daily Use
    • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Ponds Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser:

I love to use Ponds cold crème-cleans and moisturizes my face. My Mother would not use anything but Ponds cold crème-She had beautiful skin when she passed away at age 82.

Soothing Cleanser

from Ohio

Comments about Ponds Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser:

I have been a big fan of Pond's moisturizing facial cleansers for many years now! I have always been extremely impressed because Pond's remains very affordable and yet is a pretty high quality product! This particular cleanser has a very light and smooth feel to it that feels great to use everyday. It does not leave your skin feeling dry or stiff - just clean and fresh! Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser was probably one of the first ever facial cleansers I ever tried. I was introduced to the brand years ago and I continue to purchase it to this day! The cream cleanser smells wonderful and it is super easy to apply, you just twist off the lid and dip into the container. Some people might prefer using a cleanser in a squeezable or pumping bottle but I think I actually prefer using containers this one. Like I said, it is not overly drying but the moisturizer in it doesn't seem super greasy or oily either which I really love. Most likely because I tend to find that a lot of facial and body cleansers out there can be too greasy and cause even more blemishes , pimples or form a breakout. Pond's does not clog your pores, it just does what is says! It works great and delivers a gentle and refreshing clean while moisturizing, not causing oily skin or dryness. Two thumbs up, I love it!

Excellent product

from NA

Comments about Ponds Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser:

The product Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser is the most suitable product in my knowledge for sensitive skin. It helps to clean the pores in an effective manner and also cure the skin which has become to dry and tends to tear during Winter. The skin feels soft and smooth after the application of this cream and it also makes it feel fresh giving the skin a pleasant fragrance which makes it feel refreshing.

The product does not feel sticky or oily on the skin like most creams do leaving the skin feel damp but the cleanser instead makes it feel dry and when I clean my skin with any wipes, the cream does not come off and I can still feel the cream on my skin. The fragrance remains for hours on the skin and I use it almost every day whenever I feel my skin is getting chapped or is getting too dry. The price of the product is quite reasonable and it lasts for over three months.

Pond's Cold Cream

Comments about Ponds Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser:

Sorry but this stuff is awful! Pond's cold cream is supposed to be a really good moisturizing cleanser that is also a good make-up remover. I was in a wedding and had professional make-up done. I bought this to use after the wedding to make sure I got all the heavy make-up off my face. About ten minutes after I used this my face started to itch so bad I wanted to cry. I went to rinse my face off again and saw my face was covered in hives! I was fine in the make-up all night so I knew it was a reaction to the cold cream. I do not know what is in this stuff but if you have even the slightest bit of sensitivity to your skin then stay away from this.

Did nothing for me but give me an allergic reaction.

Ease of Application
    Scoop it out with a finger or q-tip and apply it, easy as that.

It has a weird heavy lotion mixed with medicine scent to it. I really can not describe it better than that, it was just an odd scent for a face cream.

• Ease of Application:

Excellent for make up removal

Comments about Ponds Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser:

I have grown up using this cold cream as a make up remover on my face. It works great. I apply it all over my face and let it soak in for a minute. Then I wipe it away with a cotton ball. It is gentle on your eyes so you can use it to remove eye make up as well. The only negative side is that it always leaves my face feeling a little greasy. I follow it up with another face wash to make sure I remove all the oil and grease off my skin. It is pretty thick and feels nice on your skin though. It definitely has the colder temperature to it, which can be soothing at the end of a long day. I would definitely recommend using this to help clean your face each night. I would just recommend following up with another face wash if you have oily skin.

It is definitely effective at removing all make up. I can get all my make up off with one application of this. It is not as effective as a true face cleaner though. That's why I think it should be followed up with by another face wash.

Ease of Application
    It is pretty thick and goes on really easy. It feels really good on your face.

The scent is not strong at all. It smells pretty good.

Awesome make-up remover!

from Miami, Florida

Comments about Ponds Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser:

There are many great uses for this product but I use it exclusively to take off my make-up after a long day at work. Specifically, it removes eye make-up very well; you just have to be careful around the eye area because my eyes always get watery and puffy when I apply it too close.

The only con I see about this product is that it is a cold cream, but we can't really change that no matter what we do. But it does feel weird to me when I apply it. However, what I love most about this product is the price; it is a huge tub and it can last me about 6-8 months because a little goes a long way.

I like to switch up my night routine so sometimes I use this as a face-wash and moisturizer as well. I slather it on, leave it on for about 4 minutes, and then remove with a hand towel soaked in warm water. My skin feels very smooth and restored which is a wonderful feeling.

It's safe, oil-free, has no scent and is gentle on my skin.

Ease of Application
    Could be hard to get out when you reach the half-way point

No scent

• Ease of Application:

Great for removing eye makeup!

Comments about Ponds Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser:

I originally purchased Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser to remove my face makeup at the end of the night. Unfortunately, after using this product for a couple nights, my face broke out completely. Though it did remove all my makeup, this product left a greasy feeling on my face, which I didn't like on my already oily and sensitive skin. Since I had a whole tub of this left I decided to try this just on my eyes, and I absolutely love it for this purpose. This cleanser removes all of my eye makeup, even waterproof mascara and eyeliner! If you are looking for a face makeup remover and have acne prone skin I would not recommend this, but if you are looking for a great eye makeup remover I would strongly recommend this cleanser!

This cleanser removes all face makeup and all eye makeup. Even waterproof products!

Ease of Application
    This product is very easy to use! Just wipe it all over the skin, rub it in, and wipe it off with a wet washcloth.

This product has a nice, subtle scent.

• Ease of Application:

Reliable, Gentle and Affordable.

Comments about Ponds Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser:

If you are looking for expensive designer labels, cloying strong perfumes and high price tags this is not the product for you. This is a reasonably priced cold cream that I have used for over 40 years. I use it every night to gently cleanse my face and remove my makeup, dirt or oil buildups. It has never broken my face out or caused a reaction of any kind. It leaves my face soft and clean without drying it out. I simply put a small amount on a washcloth and work into my damp skin usually when I come out of the shower. Then simply rinse my face and pat dry. I use this in conjunction with Noxzema wash and then apply Olay moisturizer. Between the three products even pushing 60 I still have clear and blemish free skin and minimal wrinkles.

I love that this product can be found available locally at most stores that sell cosmetics and is reasonable priced compared to some of the newer products out there. The smell is mild and not overpowering and the product does exactly what it is advertised to do. Gently clean your skin. This is an old standby product but a good one!

It's Okay

Comments about Ponds Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser:

So I have to say that it was my grandma who influenced me to try the Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser. My skin is very sensitive and prone to acne breakouts so I was desperate to try anything and everything and this just happened to fall into the pile. My first reaction was that it felt very oil and greasy upon applying it so I immediately went 'oh no this is going to make me breakout'. It smells great to me, but I think it is more of a nostalgia thing for me. It felt strange, being greasy and all, to wash my face. It was also difficult to wash off because water does not mix well with oil so your skin would be slick and slimy for a while until you could wash it all off. Maybe I am a complete dunce and was using the Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser wrong. After a few weeks of using it though, my skin seemed to look brighter, although I was still having some pretty bad breakouts. I do not know if it had to do with the grease but my acne seemed to look less irritated.

I still was having breakouts

Pond's Cold Cream Is my go to for Makeup Removal

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Ponds Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser:

This Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser has been what I've used to remove my makeup for the last ten years. My Grandmother recommended it to me one day when I was visiting her and she had it sitting on her bathroom sink. I was so pleased with the results I got from using it. I use it mostly to remove my makeup because it leaves my face feeling clean and looking clean as well. I also use it too quickly clean my face when I wake up in the morning because I can just rub it on and wipe it off I don't have to wash it off with soap. I like the fragrance of the Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser. My Grandmother has used it all her life and I really think I probably will to. It's kept my skin firm and naturally gorgeous.

Pond's Cold Cream has been highly effective for me and some of my family members. It has kept us looking younger and our skin radiant.

Ease of Application
    The one thing I don't care for with this product is the packaging. It is hard to get it out once it gets low. The top is so small and rounded that it is hard to reach the bottom. But it wouldn't keep me from buying it.

I love the scent of this brand. It's light and fluffy and it isn't over bearing.