4.1
Pillsbury
Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls

Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls

4.1

My family loves Pizza rolls, a great snack!

Totino's Pizza rolls come in an assortment of flavors, combination, (which is pepperoni, sausage and cheese),  Pepperoni, and Cheese are the most common ones. I used to be able to find a chicken and cheese quasadia that was great, had a kick to it & was awsome with ranch dressing, cannot find that one anymore. There is also a taco flavor, that is good with some sour cream and green onion. I love the crispy texture outside and hot filling inside. They are a perfect little hot snack. They also support Box Tops for schools and I really like that.

Totino's Pizza Rolls: Pepperoni Pizza with Lots of Chemicals

Appetizers are essential for television sports viewing and as a quick snack before dinner and there are many types of appetizers- both hot and cold- to keep consumers appetites' in check. One taste that most everyone likes is pizza and besides heating up a frozen pizza, there are many snacks that taste like pizza but are made in easier to eat forms. One is **Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls**, a frozen food.**Food Commentary:**Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls are small, bite sized snacks that are made with a pizza- like filling surrounded on all sides by an enriched flour crust. These pizza rolls are a pretty good tasting snack provided you like the taste of pepperoni pizza. The flavors present include pepperoni, tomato sauce, cheese, and some light spices like garlic. The crust is light in taste, with the flavor of wheat dominating. Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls are an occasionally served snack in my household and they rank as one of a handful of snack foods I purchase when I'm looking for something simple and quick to eat while watching a football game or hosting some other type of gathering. These snacks please most people who eat them because of the simple fact that most everyone likes the taste of pepperoni pizza. The combination of meat, cheese, and tomato sauce served in a light crust make this a highly edible snack. Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls offer a good taste and they make a good choice when you're experiencing the late- night munchies or when you need a good warm- up to your regular meal and your appetite cannot wait for the main course. They taste very similar to pepperoni pizza and, I should add, taste better than Totino's Pepperoni Pizza. The taste of the tomato sauce is toward the sweet side and, once again, it makes for a pleasant flavor that most anyone will find acceptable. As popular as Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls are, there is one fact that is cause for concern, and that is the long list of ingredients. Put simply, Totino's Pizza Rolls are far from qualifying for the USDA Organic certification label. Take a close look at the list of ingredients and you will find some things that will likely make your eyes grow big and round. Ingredients like Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, and Titanium Dioxide (Color) make this product seem like it was the brainchild of a mad, sadistic chemist. Nutritionally, Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls aren't too bad. They at least provide good doses of protein, iron, Vitamin C, and Calcium and the calories aren't too bad as long as you limit yourself to no more than 12 to 18 rolls. However, the long list of artificial ingredients somewhat negates the benefits from the nutrition.  One other thing you need to worry about with Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls is the temperature of the filling. It is often very hot, so be careful, especially if you serve these snacks to young children. Young people will often be so anxious to eat these small, tasty pizza rolls that they will quickly sink their teeth into a roll, not realizing the intense heat within. As difficult as it can be, it is better to let them sit and cool for a while. Also, they taste best when prepared in a convection oven. Microwave oven preparation is convenient, but the crust won't be as crisp and thus not as tasty and enjoyable to eat.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls are a good tasting snack with a flavor combination that is sure to please most party guests. The ingredients are certainly undesirable, but the flavor and the good amount of protein and other vitamins/minerals makes these pizza rolls a good consideration for your next party or family gathe

PIZZAROLLS

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

Overall, Pizza Rolls are great. They taste good. They are the only microwavable snack that is good. They taste better in the oven.

However, there are downsides. They have a lot of sugar in them and can make you fat. They are very expensive.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

A Great Late Night Snack For Pizza Lovers!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

I started buying the Totino's Pizza Rolls years ago when I saw them in a grocery store and liked the idea of a mini wrapped pizza treat. You can get them in a number of sizes and the family sized bags are the best value but you have to make sure that the bag gets closed completely after you remove some or else you will end up with ice crystals forming on them and that will lead to soggy pieces when you cook them.

They can be microwaved but the wrap around the pizza roll will be soft and have a slightly uncooked taste to it. I prefer to put them in the oven or toaster oven so that they heat and cook evenly and the outside of the wrap is firm. You only need to flip them once regardless of how you are cooking them; if you are going to bake them in an oven put them on a non-stick cookie sheet. There is always a chance that some of the cheese is going to leak out of the sides of them so you need to make sure that there is something under them to catch it so you aren't scraping burnt cheese off the bottom of the oven or toaster oven.

When I was making hamburgers and fries one afternoon I got the grand idea to try to deep fry some of the Pizza Rolls; not a good plan. As soon as they started to heat up in the oil the sides opened up a little and the oil flooded the inside of the roll. That led to a lot of sizzling in the pot (very dangerous) because the oil from the pepperoni as well as the cheese and sauce inside the roll ended up super heating. That was the last time that I ever attempted that.

You can get these in a couple of different flavors but regardless of whether I get the pepperoni, sausage or the combination Pizza Rolls, I know that my boys will eat them. They microwave them (mostly because they are too lazy to preheat the oven or turn the toaster oven on) and I can't understand how they can eat them that way. I had to give these up a couple of months ago when I had a couple and got horrible heartburn from them.

It's alright, but nothing great.

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

I have used these in the past. They are easy to pop in the oven and have on hand if you are in a hurry and just want something fast. The are the perfect size to pop in your mouth. The problem that I have with this product is that it is not my favorite taste. It takes like it has chemicals and cheap stuff in side....which it does. These cook okay, but be careful biting into them you'll either cook them to little and it will be cold inside or you'll cook them to much and they will burn your mouth. I find these to be really greasy. When you bite them grease will drip out and you can see it soaked into the fried stuff on the outside, but I guess this isn't suppose to be a health product so I can't judge it much on that. I would much rather try a different pizza product. Not to say that I would never by these again...just not very often. I think for the taste alone it wasn't my thing. Even my boys who love pizza would eat these, but they weren't devouring them like they would pizza.

Easy and tasty

from IN

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

Totino's Pizza rolls have been a snack staple in our home for many years. They are available in a variety of flavors as well as bag sizes. The 15 count box of combination is a perfect after school snack for my kids. They are easy to prepare, the box includes instructions for oven baking, toaster oven preparation or microwave cooking. My kids prefer them cooked in the oven, they take just 10 minutes to make in the oven. They come out crispy on the outside, hot and cheesy on the inside. The pepperoni chunks are lightly spicy, like pepperoni should be, the small sausage crumbles add just the right amount of flavor. All of the toppings are surrounded by a good pizza sauce and cheese combination. The box also contains a box top, these are saved by schools (my kiddos school too) and redeemed for school supplies, so check with a school near you. This is an inexpensive, tasty and easy to prepare snack the entire family will enjoy.

Love Totino's pizza rolls!

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

Thee are one of my favorite snacks/ quick dinners to make when I really don'y have much time to put a lot of effort into something to eat when I'm in a huge rush. You can pop them in the microwave and they're literally ready in minutes. What could be better? They offer a variety of flavors. Pepperoni, cheese, mx, ham and cheese, steak and cheese, etc. They probably have a flavor that will fill everyone's desires and needs. I wouldn't consider them to be awful healthy wise either. I mean, as long as you don't sit there and heat up the whole box for yourself inane sitting then you'll be fine! I think one serving size is about six of them, and that usually fills me up pretty quickly. And they definitely hit the spot when I'm really craving something cheesy or something that tastes close to pizza when I really don't have time to put all the work into making a whole homemade pizza. I love them and definitely recommend them!

An easy, filling snack!

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

My kids, and my husband for that matter, are often on the edge of their seat waiting for the Friday night pizza to finish cooking. They end up making their way to the kitchen and munching on some random snacks in our kitchen, and then proceed to devour the whole pizza and ask for more. The Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls are a great snack that holds my family over until dinner time, and fills their stomachs up enough so they are full after one pizza pie. These are quick and easy to make, and can be thrown in the microwave for an even quicker cooking time. It is important to not eat these right away once they are done cooking, especially when they are cooked in the microwave, because they are extremely hot. I always wait five minutes and they are always cool enough to eat after that time, while still being warm. I love these pizza rolls, and they also make a good after school snack for my kids. They are cheesy like a pizza, and have a combination of toppings in them, depending on which type you buy. These are a freezer staple in my house!

Greasy, but tasty.

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

Totino's Pizza rolls are bite-sized and flavorful. But, they are very greasy! If you don't mind grease, then they are a good snack to have on hand for parties and late night snacks. I'm certain that the meat inside is very processed. There is nothing wholesome and healthy about these tasty little bits of pizza. The outer dough part can become chewy if it has been in the freezer for a while. Some of the boxes that I've gotten had the rolls in the box...some were in a plastic bag inside the box. The ones that were also in the plastic bag had a better texture when cooked. I definitely recommend baking them in the oven to crisp them up some. I don't recommend the microwave unless you like gooey chewy tough greasy bites. :) Over all, quick, cheap, easy to fix, bite-sized snack. But, don't expect healthy or gourmet. They're cheap, convenient, and it's a small box that feeds a few people for a snack.

Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls is my go to always.

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls are excellent. They taste great. I love them and my kids love them. For snacks or a meal with bread and a salad and your set. Totino's Pizza Rolls are great for a party. With the different verities,a snack bar works well.
Totino's Pizza Rolls do not turn out very good in the microwave though. Cooking in the oven is the only way to go. When my dad lived with me ,it was a great lunch for him. Totino's Pizza Rolls are perfect for all ages, young or old. We sometimes have pizza roll TV night. we make 3 verities of Totino's Pizza Rolls along with French bread. It really is a great night because pizza rolls are good cold too.
When we do the snack bar we use the boxes of Totino's Pizza Rolls. I always keep in my freezer a big bag for a anytime snack or meal. The boxes are great for the different verities.
My kids eat them with ketchup. I know crazy right, but some people I have found with the party, that some like them with ranch dressing. I myself like them the way they come. Totino's Pizza Rolls are full of flavor.

Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls - Hot air and sauce!

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

My husband bought me a packet of these to try when I first moved to America. I love pizza and there is not a brand of this Italian specialty that I would turn down a second helping of, that is until I tried Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls. We got the pepperoni version to try. Thank goodness it said pepperoni on the packet because I'd never have known from looking at it or tasting it. To me, the little parcel of hope contained just hot air and sauce. Might I add that as I am not one to wait before eating, I did rather burn the inside of my mouth on the sauce and had to grab a quick glass of milk! I did quite like the pillow-like case itself, it was kind of crispy and chewy at the same time. Now in all fairness, my husband does quite like them as a snack and as they are easy to cook, it is something he can do quickly when he comes home from work. My kids were indifferent. I would only consider buying these again if (a) someone in my house specifically asked for them, and (b) I had a coupon.

Quick bites when you have to fill that pizza craving

Comments about Pillsbury Totino's Pizza Rolls:

Combination is the favorite with our family. Each roll offers a generous amount of filling with a lot of pizza flavor. The crust is great when you crisp it up in the oven but also great in the microwave. I really like the fact this company offers this product in many different ways. A box to throw in your bag for work or a huge bag to satisfy a big family meal.