Other Bread Machines:

Pillsbury Breadmaker

Pros

Cons

• Stability While in Use:

An appliance with some limitations

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Pillsbury Breadmaker:

The Pillsbury Breadmaker is the second bread making appliance that I have owned. The first one wore out from use; so, that demonstrates the amount of utility I think these type of appliances possess. Some of my friends use theirs only on limited basis, such as for making holiday breads, but, I use my as a workhorse, which to me justifies having a kitchen appliance that realistically has only one use. That said, I have not been as pleased with this machine as I was with my former, and older, breadmaker.

I am gluten insensitive and consequently, the purchased mixes that I use often operate somewhat differently it seems than regular wheat flour based bread mixes when used in this breadmaker. I had very little difficulty with my other machine, but a bit more with this one. This one is definitely less forgiving than the last.

I have ended up with burnt crusts and raw centers on some of my attempts. Whereas, on other attempts the bread making was successful. So, I have mixed feelings about the capability of this appliance under all conditions. Likewise, it doesn't produce great results when the bread mix contains leavening agents such as xanthum gum; a staple in gluten free baking.

Nothing Else Like It

Comments about Pillsbury Breadmaker:

My family really likes homemade bread. So I use my Pillsbury Bread Machine at least once a week or more. The machine is very simple to use, even for beginners such as myself. I have had really good luck so far with all the recipes that I have tried so far. The Pillsbury Bread Machine has been a great help and time saver in my kitchen. With the holidays just around the corner, I am looking forward to trying some new recipes that I am sure will turn out perfect. I have found the machine to be very durable as I have dropped mine a couple of times and it still works just as good as new. The bread machine is fairly easy to clean. I have had no real problem with cleaning any parts of the bread machine. The machine produces great loaves, always soft and never overcooked. Bread lasts no time in my kitchen. I have been more than satisfied with the Pillsbury Bread Machine. The bread machine is a great small appliance that I would suggest to anyone either for yourself or as a gift.

Love my breadmaker!

from Murfreesboro, TN

Comments about Pillsbury Breadmaker:

My mom gave me this breadmake about a year ago- and she had actually owned it herself for a number of years so just to start with this thing is durable. Now, as far as the baking goes, I'm a novice bread maker and find this machine really simple, and the instructions that came with it (including recipes) have all been easy to follow. I havent ventured out into doing dough yet, just a few different types of bread. They all turned out really well. This machine does give you the sort of odd-shaped square loaf of bread, versus some of the more expensive machines which produce the normal rectangular shape you see in the grocery store. Like another reviewer mentioned, it IS a bit difficult to clean inside the machine if you happen to spill flour inside of it, and the cleaning instructions for the loaf pan are a bit cumbersome. Overall though I have really enjoyed this bread maker, and actually plan on making loaves of bread as christmas presents for my office workers this year.