Other Bread Machines:

West Bend 2-Pound Bread Maker

Pros

Cons

My wife couldn't get by without her West Bend Bread Machine

Like a lot of people, we seem to have quite a few kitchen gadgets & small appliances that rarely get used. NOT THIS ONE! My family loves homemade bread and my wife uses this machine all the time. It is idiot-proof enoug that even I can use it and get great results. It is simple to use, makes great bread, and is easy to clean up afterwards. It has lots of nice little features like delay settings, etc. that make it so you can set things up to have bread ready when you want at a later time (you don't have to sit there and do evrything as it happens). I think the best thing about it though is that it consistently and reliably turns out great bread, loaf after loaf. It is an affordable machine, and has become indispensable in our household. If you are looking for a very good bread machine, look no further. If ours ever does "die", I will go out of my way to buy the exact same unit again, I am that happy with the product.

Not Pleased

With the economy and the price of things making fresh bread would be one less item to buy. I had searched reviews about all the different bread machines and read for months till I decided on this bread maker. I was very happy when I got it read through the book to make sure how it worked what had to be clean. I had several recipes I wanted to try and was all excited to try them all. Batch one seemed undone no color at all ok thought it was the flour went and got a different one, batch two bottom very hard over cooked rest ok  but still very light in color changed the settings re-read the manual. I tried again and again the breads came out very light in color and the bottom always over cooked and hard. I tried different recipes and ingredients see if it would change and still no good. I had the hardest time getting the bread out the book said just shake it a little I think they meant shake it a lot even my husband had a hard time removing the last and final batch of bread I made. I ended up taking it back I was very upset with this bread machine I had never had a problem in the past making any type of bread. Maybe it has been a long time since I made bread but I followed the differections and recipes correctly maybe I had a defective one. I did read other people liked this bread machine but mine was not worth the hassle and not to mention the money I spent buying different brands and types of flour was just a big waste for me.

Reliable bread maker!

from Davie, FL

Comments about West Bend 2-Pound Bread Maker:

I absolutely love this West Bend 2-Pound bread maker. It is perfect for making homemade breads, and I use it on a weekly basis. I also love using it to make homemade breads to give out as gifts during the holidays. It is a tad bit expensive, but it is worth every penny. I would recommend this bread maker to anyone who is looking for a reliable machine.

Stability While in Use
Like all of the other bread machines I have owned in the past, it does vibrate a little while it is in use. However, it shakes a lot less during the baking process than my other machines have.

I love how my bread always comes out fully baked, and it always has a nice, crispy crust on the outside while remaining chewy and soft on the inside.

I really enjoy how easy this machine is to use. The instructions that it comes with are really easy to follow and understand.

I have owned this bread machine for three years now, and I will admit that is extremely durable and sturdy. I use it multiple times each month, and I have not had any problems with it.

• Stability While in Use:

When It Comes To Bread, Size Matters!

Comments about West Bend 2-Pound Bread Maker:

I originally had a West Bend bread machine for one to one and half size loaves of bread. The inside was losing it's non stick (I've had it for years) so I decided to get a bigger and better machine. My family loves bread and a bread maker is the best way to get that made from scratch taste. I knew it was important to get a 2lb loaf machine as we quickly ate through a pound a half. I found this machine on walmart.com and couldn't wait to give it a try. Well I haven't been disappointed yet. It came with a recipe book that I've yet to get through but love the option of so many recipes. The machine is extremely easy to make your favorite bread recipes and the smell is the best part of owning this machine.

Stability While in Use
I have never had a problem with stability. It fits nicely on my counter and can be left out or I store it in my pantry.

Works amazingly well and is extremely easy to operate. Each loaf has come out consistently in size, shape and color.

This couldn't be easier to operate. Easy to following instructional booklet guides you along to make any of your favorite recipes.

So far so good, I've had it close to a year and it's still going strong!

• Stability While in Use:

Bread Made Easy With West Bend 2-Pound Bread Maker!

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about West Bend 2-Pound Bread Maker:

This was my first and last bread maker. I got this West Bend 2-Pound Bread Maker and absolutely loved it from the moment I tasted my first homemade bread out of it. I was so impressed with how extremely easy it was to operate this bread maker. It was as simple as adding the ingredients and the machine does the rest. I was so happy when I was able to make my bread and pizza crust from hand quick and easy with this great bread maker. I have made several of the awesome recipe's that came along with it. They were perfect. I love to entertain and this bread maker makes it that much more fun to entertain guest. I have received so many compliments on the recipes I've tried in this bread maker. I really enjoy using this bread maker. I have recommended it to my Mother whom also loves to bake her own breads. I will never use another brand of bread makers, I will continue to use and love mine. If it poops out I will just go get another one. So far it's worked perfectly and I think it will be one of those appliances that last forever.

• Stability While in Use:

It's good enough but could be better.

Comments about West Bend 2-Pound Bread Maker:

This is a very simple machine. Nothing overly fancy like a lot of the more expensive bread makers. Following the recipe book, it makes good bread. At first it will get the crust much too hard and dark, which isn't what I enjoy, but I've found if I turn it off near the end of the cook time, it makes good bread. Not excellent bread and not bread that makes me want to use it more often. Upon talking a few other owners, I've discovered a general consensus that it tends to overcook.

The bread pan has excellent connections that keep it from wobbling around. The machine is quiet and easy to use.

The bread machine material itself left a lot to be desired. It's cheap plastic and my stop button messed up twice. I was able to fix it myself but I shouldn't have had to. I occasionally get ERR messages in the middle of loaves, which in turn either ruins the loaf or I can bake the loaf in the oven. It is also horrible with high altitudes unless you know how to adjust your recipes accordingly.

Stability While in Use
Occasional Error but otherwise works well.

Very simple to use.

Have had to repair the buttons twice.

Makes making bread easy.

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about West Bend 2-Pound Bread Maker:

I love this bread maker. It's all I've ever used, so I can't really compare it to other bread makers, but I personally love it. It's great at kneading the bread for you, and it bakes it perfectly every time. It makes making bread easy, and it's definitely not easy. It doesn't shake or move when it is making it and the noise is very quiet. Overall, I would recommend this machine, though I don't know much about bread machines, to anyone.

Stability While in Use
Doesn't move or shake when it kneads the bread and it stays quiet. I know some people complain of their bread machines moving around on the counter, and this one doesn't seem to have that problem.

It makes perfect bread nearly every time I make it.

Very easy to use.

I've had this bread machine for years and it has never showed any signs of wear. I absolutely love it and even if it were to break, I would buy the same one. It's a great company and a great machine and I recommend it to anyone who likes to make bread.

Love our bread machine

Comments about West Bend 2-Pound Bread Maker:

The West Bend bread maker is absolutely perfect. The machine makes the bread making process effortless and fool proof; bread comes out perfectly every time. Everything from the amount of bread to the color of the crust can be moderated and always comes out looking and tasting great. This appliance is a necessity for cold, lazy Sunday afternoons!

• Stability While in Use:

one of the best bread makers I've owned

Comments about West Bend 2-Pound Bread Maker:

I really enjoy this bread maker. It makes the perfect loaf of bread not to mention it makes your house smell really good. Its easy to operate all you have to do is follow the recipe and you're all set. Its easy to clean too because the basket comes out easily. If your wanting to bake your own bread then buy one it's well worth the money.

• Stability While in Use:

This makes me want it to snow outside everyday

Comments about West Bend 2-Pound Bread Maker:

There is nothing better on a snow day then fresh baked bread and some homemade soup. Its been years since I've been in school and had a "real" snow day, but I love getting snowed in and making some bread in this machine. It handles a variety of types and amounts of bread very easily and sometimes I use it just to make the dough for bread that I bake in the oven (especially baguettes). Its super easy to operate: just drop in the ingredients, hit a couple of buttons and come back a few hours later to a fresh and warm loaf of bread. Its also simple to take apart to clean. I would recommend this bread machine to anyone.

Stability While in Use
Never a problem. I just make sure its on a solid surface and I leave it alone for hours at a time.

Consistently delicious bread.

The hardest part is waiting.

• Stability While in Use:

perfect for a busy bread lover

from Rexburg, ID

Comments about West Bend 2-Pound Bread Maker:

Ever since I was little my mom would make her own bread when she had the time, which wasn't often, and her bread was amazing.  As time went on my older sister learned how to make my mom's bread.  Since they both knew how I never learned.  So when I was getting married I realized that if I wanted homemade bread I would have to make it.  So I put it on my wedding registry for a breadmaker cause I had no idea how to actually make homemade bread.  Sure I'd seen my mom and sister doing it but that doesn't mean I knew how.

I got this West Bend Bread Maker as a wedding present and I was thrilled!  Yesterday I made bread with it.  Stuck all the ingredients in, pushed the buttons to make sure it knew what type of bread it was going to be making and pressed start.  I didn't have to do another thing.  A few hours later I was done with work and had yummy homemade bread waiting for me.

Perfect for when you are too busy to spend a few hours in the kitchen pounding and kneading dough.  It didn't turn out in the perfect shape that my mom's do but it was so good and not time consuming at all!  Love it! I will use it for many years to come!

Not Pleased