Other Women's Perfumes:
Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance Spray

Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance Spray

Pros

Cons

Amazing Grace, how sweet the scent. It's the scent of a woman.

As I mentioned in my other Philosophy fragrance reviews, I am a lover of Philosophy scents and a lover of fragrance in general. How I smell tells people who I am and how I feel. I have dozens of scents and I choose the one I want to wear carefully to convey my mood.

**Philosophy Amazing Grace Spray Fragrance 2 oz** is my absolute favorite of all the Philosophy scents. When I wear it, it's like I slipped into my best silk teddy and strappy open toed high heels. I feel sexy and oh so feminine.

**The Product**

**Philosophy Amazing Grace Spray Fragrance 2 oz** comes in a pink box and the bottle is simple and clear glass. It has a spray top.The spray is light, fresh, and oh so feminine. Although it is feminine, it doesn't overwhelm the senses with florals and other typically feminine scents. It is the freshest, most seductive fragrance in the Philosophy line and one of my all time favorites.

The ingredients tell us nothing: *SD Alcohol 40B, Fragrance, Glycerin, Benzophenone 3. *But you can expect to smell a very light scent of clean, off the line clothing, maybe a hint of floral but tempered by a freshness that simply smells amazing - and not soapy like Pure Grace.

However, as with all Philosophy fragrances, the scent is short lived on my skin. This one lasts longer then the others but I have the solid perfume, shower gel, lotion and everything else to layer this scent. Even with all that, this doesn't ever overwhelm the senses or come off too strong.

**My Use**

I knew immediately that **Amazing Grace** was going to be my favorite when I tried a trios of Graces from Philosophy. Baby Grace was nice but too much like baby powder which I don't like. Pure Grace (see review) was great but just a touch too sweet and soapy for anything but casual use. And then there was **Amazing Grace**. One whiff and I was hooked. Because it is so light, it's hard to grow sick of this scent.

My husband finds the scent very appealing (and he doesn't like perfumes very much usually) and I feel very regal and feminine, yet still casual and easy going when I wear it.

It's truly a fine choice for women who want to smell fresh and feminine but don't like heavy, daunting floral scents.

I suggest you buy some layering products to lengthen the time the scent lingers and then slip into your most feminine self - even if you're just wearing jeans and a T.

**Conclusion**

My favorite of the Philosophy fragrances, **Philosophy Amazing Grace Spray Fragrance 2 oz **is just that. Amazing. I like that it is light and feminine without in your face florals like heavy perfumes. I wear this scent any time but enjoy wearing it when I want to feel feminine and sexy. I have been complimented many times when wearing it and, because it is so light, people actually lean in to take a whiff trying to figure out where that great scent is coming from

It doesn't last long on my skin but the solid and the layering products help greatly.

I have to go with 5 stars. It's a must have in my vast fragrance collection.

Philosophy Amazing Grace Spray disappears after 30 minutes.

Philosophy Amazing Grace Spray disappears after 30 minutes.  I read all the reviews that said how fresh and clean it smelled and how people commented on how good they smelled, but I can't even find it on my own arm after 30 minutes.  I decided maybe other people were using more than I was, so I sprayed more on and in more places, but it disappears.  I used to love Anais Anais, but my mother became very sensitive to scents, so I had to give up perfume.  When I read the reviews on Amazing Grace, I figured here was a perfume I could wear around her.  I was right!  She can't smell it, either.  Save your money and don't buy Amazing Grace.

Nice, subtle fragance

Comments about Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance Spray:

I am a fan of Philosophy fragrances, and it all began with Amazing Grace. I like this scent because it is a clean, subtle scent. It's never overpowering and I always receive many compliments when I wear it. I think what I enjoy most of all is that I find it calming influence throughout a hectic day.

Amazing Grace

Comments about Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance Spray:

The Philosophy line is a favorite of mine. I've been using amazing grace for awhile now. The scent is very light and not over powering like other perfumes. I have asthma so heavy perfumes are not suited for me. Amazing Grace has lasting power. Once you spray it on it will last about 6 hours. It's light fragrant smell is uplifting, clean and pure. I even put it on my 9 year old daughter before she goes to school. This perfume is a must have for those who are not into heavy perfume scents. This perfume gives the right amount without giving you a headache but enough scent that you will smell like you just stepped out of the shower. All the fragrances in the Philosophy line are very light and airy. I also use their skin products. Hope In A Jar is a must have for your face it will give it a glow while gently exfoliating your skin. If you are unsure about Amazing Grace trust me you will love it. It smells different on everyone but the common denominator is that it will smell fresh and clean on everyone who wears it

Philosophy's Amazing Grace Perfume is sweet, soft and serene.

Comments about Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance Spray:

Philosophy's Amazing Grace Perfume is one of my most favorite fragrances. I love it for its light floral, musky, clean scent. The words that come to my mind to describe it are: sweet, soft, serene, romantic, whimsical, free-spirited, and carefree. While the scent is mainly evocative of springtime or summertime, I wear it all year round. It find that wearing it warms my heart and lifts my spirit! This is why it is a staple in my fragrance collection, which includes other similarly scented classics such as: Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle, Dior's Addict, Narciso Rodriguez's For Her and the Body Shop's White Musk. While Amazing Grace is somewhat expensive, it is a steal compared to what most other fragrances cost. Also, sometimes it comes in a gift set, which is a great deal (and matching body lotion is lovely). Anyway, Philosophy's Amazing Grace Perfume is certainly worth a try. I haven't met anyone who has disliked it. And for me, at least, I know it's a fragrance I just couldn't do without!

The best scent I have ever owned

Comments about Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance Spray:

I work in a hospital and do not want to wear anything that might be too strong, but at the same time I want to smell great. Let me tell you...I got the right scent! I am always being told I smell great by men, women AND kids! It's complimentary and almost humorous at the same time.
I have gone through many bottles of it and I WILL say with authority that you must buy the perfume if you want it to last. The regular spray doesn't last anywhere near as long. Another hint, spray it on what you are wearing and either one will last even longer.
The lotions never seem to smell quite the same as the perfume, but are still subtle and pleasant and go well with the scent if you want to layer.

Everyone asks what I'm wearing!

from Powell, OH

Comments about Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance Spray:

I know there are tons of fragrances available at all price points, but I've never used anything I am so passionate about like philosophy's amazing grace! It is a fresh, clean scent that simply makes a woman smell "good". I think it's a scent that it is not easily described. It's not a citrus or a spice or a musk scent, it is just clean and refreshing. I didn't believe it when I'd hear women who used amazing grace always had people ask them what they're wearing, but now that I'm a "philosophy girl", it happens to me all the time. I love the fact that so many women (and men!) ask me scent I'm wearing because they like it so much. I also am impressed that many nurses wear philosophy's amazing grace because their patients like it since it's not overpowering. Please try this fragrance - it is the absolute best!

The only one you'll want to wear

from Jacksonville, AR

Comments about Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance Spray:

This is the only scent you need. It is great for work, a night out or church. It has a light very clean scent. I am allergic to almost everything and can use this without any problems. I have been asked severl time what perfume I was wearing and told how much they like it. Go ahead and buy the large size.. (ok buy the 2oz. size ALSO to keep in your purse)...you will love it.

this is the best fragrence ever!

from Bloomburg, TX

Comments about Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance Spray:

I love this fragrance from Philosophy. It has a very clean scent. It is not overpowering at all. I cannot wear a really flowery or strong fragrance without getting a headache, this product doesnt effect me at all. It has a very relaxing scent. I find my self reaching for it when I need a mental boost!

subtle enough to wear every day

from Canfield, OH

Comments about Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance Spray:

Philosophy makes a great line of make-up, shower gels, and fragrances.  A woman I used to work with had this on one day and it smelled so nice I had to ask her what it was.  I had never even heard of the brand before.  They have many scents to choose from; amazing grace just seems to go with everything and is great to just spray on every day.  I get quite a few compliments on it.  It does seem to fade as the day goes on, so you may need to re-apply.

Light scent, clean with a slight musk. One of my favorites!

from Boulder, CO

Comments about Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance Spray:

I love this fragrance. This is the first philosophy fragrance that I tried. I love this scent. It is like an anti-perfume scent. It is light and a little powdery and a little musky but none of those is overpowering. There might also be a little touch of floral. I love how it is just a light fragrance, perfect all year round.

I have a hard time describing this fragrance, because it is not like any other that I have tried. It is clean and light, but has a bit of musk to it. And I does smell different on different people, my mom tried it on and it smelled older some how. I can't really explain it, but I would suggest trying it on before purchasing if possible. Just because I love it -I really do- doesn't mean that it will smell the same on everyone.

The only problem I have with this fragrance is that it does not last all day. I don't expect to smell a fragrance on myself all day, I know that my nose gets accustomed to fragrances, but even others don't smell it. So I love this fragrance and I like to layer it, but I like to add a little spritz later in the day to freshen up.

A bit too perfumy for me, but still a nice scent.

from Metro Detroit, MI

Comments about Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance Spray:

I received a **[Sephora Scent Sampler][1] ** set which contained a sample of **Philosophy Amazing Grace**.  The scent sampler came with a certificate to get a full sized bottle of the scent I liked the best.  Amazing Grace was too perfumy for me, but I can see how it could be nice for some people.

**The Advertisement:** This scent is described as *"Amazing Grace is based on pure, clean fragrance notes that are designed to draw people closer to you, and never overwhelm so people notice you, not your fragrance.  People will tell you 'you smell so good'."*

Since the advertising doesn't tell anything about what scents are in this, I tried to guess. However, I could not pick out any flowery smells nor any fruity smells.  I prefer perfumes that smell like fruit or flowers, so I could tell quickly that this wasn't the one for me.  However, I didn't hate it.  The smell is fresh and clean, as advertised.  My nose doesn't get overwhelmed with the scent and it kind of smells like the "just showered" scent that people get right out of the tub.

Overall though, this was a bit more of a perfumy smell, meaning it has that chemical smell a little bit and it's noticeable that it's a perfume.  I wouldn't complete discount it though, and I might even grow to really like it as I use up the remainder of the sample.  It grows on me every time I wear it!  If you are looking for a clean, fresh smell, this is it.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Sephora-Scent-Sampler-Bestsellers-For-Her-review-7ada6