3.5
Other E-commerce Websites:
Flowers and Gift Websites

3.5

I return every year and for good reason, this site rocks!

**PersonalCreations.com** is a great store for gifts for those special people in your life!  The site sells hundreds of personalized items for every occasion.  I could easily go on and on about how great the store is but first I'll tell you some things I've bought there.

A **Cheerleader Bear Ornament **made a great gift for my cousin in her first year of cheerleading.  That same Christmas, a **Friends Are Flowers Ornament** was a really cute ornament for my best friend.  Ornaments are a big seller there as they have a large variety and all of the items can be personalized.  For example, that friends ornament could have had 2 or 3 bears and say 2 or 3 names.

Then it was time for my wedding.  I love stuff with names on it so of course I had to shop here for that!  I bought my **Unity Candle and Holder** (pictured), a set of **Bride and Groom Glasses and glasses for my Bridal Party **(also pictured).  Everyone really thought it was cool that my unity candle had our names on it.  The glasses were also a big hit because the drawings were cartoony instead of serious which is more like my personality :)

My most recent purchase just arrived in the mail today.  I ordered a **Snowbuddies Our First Christmas Ornament **(Pictured) since we just got married.  I love the snowbuddies and there are multiple ornaments and items that feature these characters.  ****Update 10/28/10 See my pictures for additional items I ordered since writing this review*****

Although that is the majority of what I have purchased so far, I have a whole wish list of gifts to buy friends and family in the future.  I love how you can search the site in various ways: Who is the gift for?  What is the holiday or occasion?  What type of item are you looking for?  I find a lot of things that would be great gifts for kids but I don't have any yet.  However you know I will be buying all sorts of stuff for my kids whenever I have some :)

The prices for all items are very reasonable and personalization is only a few dollars per order.  Shipping can be a little high but packages always come wrapped tight and secure so you don't have to worry about breakage.  Those glasses I bought were fragile and all came in great shape.  You can get up to 12% cash back if you shop through **Ebates.com** though, so don't forget that!

Why would I pay to ship personalized items when you see pre-made personal items at the store every day?  Here are four great reasons:

1. You don't see THESE personalized items in your everyday store

2. You can personalize it down to how many kids you have, or things like that, which you cannot always get off the shelf

3. Pre-made items on store shelves are often cheaply made or have a very boring font that looks like it doesn't really belong.  The fonts use on Personal Creations items all look great!

4. Finally, I always check the store shelf just for the heck of it and 90% of the time my name is not available!  Susan is available, Suzy is available, but Suzanne is not there!  How rude

In the end, if you have a friend with a unique name, or are looking for some cool unique gifts, then go out to this site today!  The holidays are getting closer so get started now :)  Enjoy!!

Why Charge a Personalization "Fee" for My Personal Creation?

I admit that I was taken aback when I first encountered the "Personalization Fee" of $3.50 mysteriously added to my purchase at the **Personal Creations** checkout page.  The fee didn't appear on the product page, mind you, nor on the shopping cart page.  It didn't appear on Step 1: Shipping or Step 2: Billing.  The fee only became apparent *after* I supplied my name and shipping address, and right before I began to type in my payment information.  In fact, if I hadn't happened to look carefully in the left hand corner, I would have missed the link *"A $3.50 personalization fee is applied to each order containing personalized items. There is only one fee, regardless of the number of items ordered."*  I went ahead with the order, but I was peeved that Personal Creations wasn't upfront about the fee.  I know it's not a lot of money, but it just strikes me as odd that there would be a specialized fee for a service that the company specializes in - namely, personalization.  That would be like McDonald's charging an extra dollar if your meal contains french fries, or Starbucks adding an extra ten bucks on every order that includes coffee.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Another issue I had with the site is that they advertised a stoneware mug that I wanted to give as a gift.  It had some wording on it that I couldn't quite read, so I opened up the Customer Service Chat window to find out what the wording said.  The rep indicated that she didn't know because she couldn't read it either, adding, "I'm sure whatever it says is very nice."  It turned out that she was looking at the same web page that I was!  Apparently, there was no mechanism in place for her to physically pick up a mug and read it to me, nor did she have any descriptive information with which to confer.  Since no one was able to tell me what the wording said on the mug, I decided not to buy it.

On the upside, the mug that I did purchase for my daughter shipped out 6 days after I placed the order and I received it a few days after that.  I personalized the coffee mug with 3 lines and chose a color for each line.  The mug turned out nicely and was fairly inexpensive at $11.98.  It's held up well and I have no complaints about the product itself.

Overall, **Personal Creations** is a mixed bag for me.  On the upside, the items are nice and the personalization turned out well.  On the downside, I have not been pleased with their customer service or the fact that they seem to bury the hidden fee until you are ready to pay for your item.  Not a good way to run a business, in my opinion. I don't think I'll return.

Comments about PersonalCreations.com:

This website is the best website ever to get personalized gifts for either yourself or your loved ones. The selection is endless on what you can have personalized, stuff for kids birthdays, weddings, home decor, gifts for specific family members or your spouse. I always order my parents personalized stuff from here with my kids pictures on them. I got them the cutest coffee cups from here and the quality is wonderful. I plan on buying the personalized Halloween bags that they just came out with too, such a neat idea for my kids.

Very easy to use. Just select the occasion or item you are looking for and after you select you can add your personalized touch.

Product Selection
I am amazed at how many different items they have on here to get personalized. Thousands of items, everything you could ever think of.

Product Pricing
Prices are great considering the extra touch you get.

Customer Service
Very helpful!

Shipping and Returns
Items come fast and packaged very well.

• Product Selection:
  • Product Pricing:
  • Customer Service:
  • Shipping and Returns:

Not the cheapest, but one of the best personalized sites!

Comments about PersonalCreations.com:

If you want to find that ''perfect'' gift for that hard to shop for person or want a gift that will be a great keepsake, this site is great!

Browsing this website is very simple. On the homepage you will find categories for whatever it is you are looking for. Once you find what you want, fill out the personal information for the item and they add it to that item for you to review before adding to your cart. This will guarantee the spelling is correct and the product will match what you have in mind.

Product Selection
Personal Creations has a good variety. I would say they have just about anything you can think of, but just not a options for that item. Colors/styles/etc are a bit limited.

Product Pricing
They are not cheap by any means. They are also not unreasonably priced. Note: Personalization is included in the price. You will not have to pay extra for it.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is what boosts your total up. I have ordered from PersonalCreations over 20 times and each time, the minimum shipping amount was $9. The larger the item or more you order, the shipping prices goes up. So if you have a free shipping coupon for this site, use it.

• Product Selection:
  • Product Pricing:
  • Customer Service:
  • Shipping and Returns:

I love giving personalized gifts from here

from Marlton, NJ

Comments about PersonalCreations.com:

I'm big on personalized gifts and when I have an occasion to give one, I turn to PersonalCreations.com. Why? The selection is huge. Personal Creations has gifts for everything and everybody-from weddings to baptism to housewarmings at a wide range of prices. I know that I can find a gift for everyone on my list here.

From here, I have bought a garden stepping stone that was personalized, with a cartoon character for my mom and my niece, for my mom. The stepping stone was just $29.99 which for a personalized item is a great price. My mom loved it and it has lasted a few years in her garden. I've also bought personalized lamb blankets for friends babies, personalized wine glasses for friends, and personalized canvas art for weddings. Each gift went over extremely well with the recipient. The best part was that the personalized gifts from here cost less than others I've found at other stores. For the price, I've been impressed with the quality of every gift too.

I definitely recommend shopping here for an unique gift.

A great place to get personalized items

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about PersonalCreations.com:

I love giving and receiving personalized items. I guess I am just sentimental like that. I have purchased a few items from personal creations before. Three of the items I bought was from walmart.com. Walmart was selling personalize gifts from personal creations. I bought a photo tote purse, a infant onesie and a pair of toddler long johns. All three of the items I ordered turned out to be in great quality. I have only bought one thing from the personal creations website and it was for a gift for my in-laws this past Christmas. We ordered a Family tree throw blanket, which had all their kids and their kids spouses and grandkids names on it. The throw turned out very good. After submitting our order, we received the throw within 2 weeks. When my mother-in-law opened it, she was so excited. She loved that all her family's names were on it. Personal Creations is a bit pricey, but a great site to get your personalized keepsakes and gifts from.

A very nice place to get gifts from

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about PersonalCreations.com:

I stumbled upon this website through another website I used, and was able to get my dad a personalized door welcome mat with his name and my mom a Christmas stocking holder with her name. They both have unique names that are never on items that are sold at stores, so they never get to have anything with their names upon them. This site made it possible for me to be able to get them a gift with their name upon it something that I know they will both treasure for many years to come. The site is very easy to use, and the quality of products is absolutely perfect. The only thing I do not like about it is the time it takes to ship out the products best order at least a month in advance of when you need it! Also the prices on some of the items are truly horrid, however you can find good deals on there as well so you just have to sort through the overpriced stuff to get to the quality affordable items!

One of my favorite go to places for the holidays...

Comments about PersonalCreations.com:

I rave about Personal Creations to everyone. I have been using their services for over 10 years now! I always use them during Christmas time....ordering gifts for my mom, siblings, neighbor, and myself on certain occasions! I have a neighbor that I order something for each year and she looks forward to the uniqueness of her gift.
The prices cannot be beat and you can usually find a promo code for free shipping or a certain percentage off fairly easy. They will also send magazines with special offers in them periodically throughout the year!
I have never had issues with delivery or quality of the product I ordered. I have received an item in the past that was damaged and called customer service right away, within 10 minutes they had the item shipped out to me Free of Charge.
Their customer service department is very friendly and helpful. They will answer any questions and do their best in assisting you with whatever issues you may be having.
I believe you cannot go wrong with ordering with Personal Creations!!

I'm in love!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about PersonalCreations.com:

I am absolutely obsessed with shopping on personalcreations.com. They have everything from housewarming, religious, holiday, birthday and baby items on this website that you can purchase and personalize. And that is just to name a few. There are usually coupon codes available to save a percentage on you order and if you sign up for their emails they will send you sales information and special offers often. If you aren't sure where to start, they have a gift guide section to give you inspiration. Everything I have purchased from this website was exactly as pictured. The items are quality items so you definitely get your money's worth. My favorite items I have purchased on PersonalCreations.com are the five Christmas stockings I ordered last year for my kids with their names on them. They were sock monkey stockings. The kids loved them and were so delighted when they woke up Christmas morning and saw the stockings with their names on them. I think making gifts that are personalized lets the recipient know you put a little bit of extra time and effort in to their gift.

One of a Kind

Comments about PersonalCreations.com:

PersonalCreations.com has been such a hit in my family. The website is primarily known for selling personalized items, which range from stuffed animals to wine glass to clothes to frames to decorative signs for your front door. There are so many different products that I would encourage you just to glance at their website to get an idea. I've made many purchases with them over the years and I have never had a complaint about the quality of their products. Their products are usually very cute and heartwarming, mainly because they allow you to add your own personal touch. My favorite products are the ones that involve embroidered names or even messages. One year, I sent my grandmother a stuffed witch with a pocket full of candy and her name sewn across the front of it. She got such a kick out of it. I then had to get the rest of my family something! With that said, I am noticing, however, that the prices of their products are going up. I am really disappointed if its because they are capitalizing on their increasing popularity. Also while they allow promotional codes (and I would strongly suggest you find one --- they even list them on their site), they sometimes charge an exorbitant shipping and then care/handling fee. I thought shipping and handling meant both; apparently, for PersonalCreations.com it is a chance to charge you twice. Also, they used to sell interdenominational products -- now it is exclusively Christian, which is curious and unfortunately specific. With those complaints aside, there are few websites like PersonalCreations.com, so it certainly has that going for it. At least check it out!

Really like this site

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about PersonalCreations.com:

I must say that I have made numerous purchases from Personal Creations dot com in the past and I really did love all of the items I purchased. Personal Creations dot com has allowed me to purchase gifts for my friends and family and I was able to personalize them. I for one love to purchase items with my name on them. For me personally I have purchased a coffee cup which I live and another cool thing is that you can pick the colors the writing is in and really personalize it. The website foe Personal Creations dot com is very easy to navigate and it walks you through step by step to help you personalize your item. The website is very nice and helpful. I must say that everything that I have ordered from them has always arrived the way I ordered them. Another good thing about this site is that the prices are very very reasonable compared to a lit of other online stores.

Good quality items, but you pay for them

from Stanton, CA

Comments about PersonalCreations.com:

Last year I ordered my children's stockings from PersonalCreations.com. I was very pleased with them. They was a detail or two that I would've changed, but overall I was happy with the product for the price that I spent. I believe it was around thirty dollars for each stocking once you added in the taxes and shipping. Definitely not a price that I will be paying often, as I bought these stockings to (hopefully) last a long, long time! While looking at their online site, I noticed more and more things that I would have loved to purchase. Sadly, they just weren't in the budget. They had gorgeous ornaments and so many other great things. I am so happy with my purchase that I would definitely tell a friend to purchase other holiday items here. I am happy with my decision to buy such a traditional piece of Christmas decoration that will forever be a part of my children's Christmas (and childhood) memories!