4.8

High Country Gardens

4.8

Pros

Cons

Good, except they were out of stock on one of the plants ...

Good, except they were out of stock on one of the plants I was really wanting and I couldn't find out when it would be in stock. I tried to call and had to wait along time & got impatient and hung up.

HIGH COUNTRY LIARS

These people told me lie after lie. They are salespeople - liars. They told me that their, Low Water - Dwarf Fescue, grows in clay. Nothing grows in clay except for indigenous plants, otherwise known as weeds.

They did refund the money for the seed, but not for the fertilizer, rototilling, lawnmower, $600.00 water bill for watering for six months, and six months of wasting my time, pulling weeds.

The lawn, Low Water - Dwarf Fescue, was actually half crabgrass and weeds. I spent several months pulling weeds, before it finally died. You can see from the photos I have posted, the lawn is mostly weeds.

I called several months later after this all had occurred. And, they are still lying, claiming that their, Low Water - Dwarf Fescue, grows in clay.

Apparently, even after being caught lying, and scamming a customer, they have not changed their corrupt ways. Do not believe anything these people say.

They wasted a lot of my time and money. Now, I have no lawn, and a whole new breed of weeds.

Easy

Easy

great

great

Site is easy to navigate.

Comments about High Country Gardens:

Site is easy to navigate. Great description of plants. Clear planting directions.

High Country Gardens has a user friendly website.

Comments about High Country Gardens:

High Country Gardens has a user friendly website. Their products are of a high quality and are appropriate for the southwest high desert climate.

They are very helpful and stand behind their guarantee.

Comments about High Country Gardens:

They are very helpful and stand behind their guarantee. Helpful videos about the plants and other items.

Really like doing business with you!

Comments about High Country Gardens:

Really like doing business with you!

They always have good customer service and very good qual...

Comments about High Country Gardens:

They always have good customer service and very good quality plants.

possibly later so I woudnt have had the planting problems

from 81211 colorado

Comments about High Country Gardens:

I have written this before in various places but in a nutshell. I ordered my bulbs for fall planting but when I got them I didnt know if I should plant or store them for later planting. On live chat, the gal said yes plant them eventhough I was worried about our temps still being in the high 70's and low 80's in my Col mountian area. she advised that my ground temp was 57 ish. ( that was neat, didnt know they could get that info) So anyway, I planted them but it quite warm so I called about watering them and the live chat said NO dont water, because they will think it's time to bloom. I put them in my garden with all my flowers.
so needed to keep my garden alive so....I called , actually called on the phone, and talked to a gal who told me they'd be fine.
Lots of work, lots of worry. Everyone was nice. I just think the instructions need to be more complete with a category "if you are planting in an existing garden". tell about planting, watering etc. I was advised of your one year guarantee , so we'll see if all the bulbs come up (something like 130+ bulbs) I have flags where I planted them. We'll see.
snow on the ground now in CO, so I'm ok in that dept . thanks for asking for my feedback. Sandi

Good selection, great plants