Other Shampoos:
Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo

Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo

Pros

Cons

pantene is just the best all the way around

i just love pantene in all forms, shapes, styles and sizes. i just tried beautiful lengths because my daughter recommended it to me. it makes long hair fuller, shinier and more manageable. my daughter inherited her long, curly, fly-away hair from me.  i noticed a real difference the first time i used it. my hair was so shiny and "in-control". it also made my hair "look" fuller. i am in my 50s and my hair gets thinner every year, it seems. i also just tried "nature infusions" and it, too, is wonderful. i had a hairdresser tell me pantene is very bad for your hair because it leaves a waxy build-up on your hair. i do not agree at all. i would think if this were true, my hair would look and feel waxy and look dull, but it looks healthy and clean. funny, another hairdresser told me my hair was SO healthy. pantene works and is the best, in my opinion. the cost is affordable and it gives you a salon look for a much cheaper price.

definitely makes my hair look healthier. however, i cannot use it exclusively as my hair seems to become "immune" to its effects after a while.

could have a little stronger "clean " smell.

Left a waxy buildup that weighed down my long hair

This shampoo had a great smell and lathered well.  Then the benefits stopped.  I used it for a week and my long hair was weighed down and limp.  My scalp also dried out.  I used a stripping shampoo for a week and all was well again.  SO I tried the Pantene again.  Same thing.  It gave a waxy buildup that was not good for long hair at all.  So not at ALL "Beautiful Lengths".  I use it as dog shampoo now.

just ok

from Kansas City, MO

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Gentle
  • Great Smell

Cons

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo:

Used this several times. Does not clean buildup from products. I do not put conditioner near scalp yet roots feel more greasy after shampooing than before. This may be good if you shampoo daily and do not use products in hair otherwise your hair does not get clean

• Hair Type:
      • Straight Hair

The 2 in 1 is so much better.

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo:

This product used alone as just a shampoo doesn't work as well as the 2 in 1 beautiful lenghts.
      Usually my hair doesn't work well with 2 in 1 products and it actually took me being forced to use this product to even try it..
      But when I did I stopped buying the separate shampoo and conditioner and got the 2 in 1.

I used this along with the conditioner every day and for some reason it isn't even comparable to the 2 in 1 product.

I noticed it didn't help my hair stay stronger and it even felt like it left a thick film that was almost unwashable.... I didn't like it and was excited to find the 2 in 1 was actually the product I was looking for.
      I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone if they're looking to grow longer hair, although it does smell absolutely wonderful!!

I didn't notice as much of a difference as I did using the 2 in 1....

The smell of any pantene product smells absolutely amazing!!! This one in particular smells even better though.

Good shampoo for long hair.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo:

This shampoo is really good for long, damaged hair because it is not too drying. It cleans oil and product well, but my hair still feels soft. It does not irritate my scalp and is pretty creamy. It smells very nice and sweet. It gets sudsy but the creaminess makes it feel not as harsh. My ends still feel hydrated when my hair dries. I have used this without a conditioner afterward and my hair was completely fine. My hair was okay to comb out without too many knots. It cleans chlorine from my hair and gets rid of the nasty smell. It is a great price for such a large bottle that lasts a long time. It does not make my hair grow any faster than normal, unfortunately.

It does not strip my hair and makes it feel moisturized, which is a good thing for growing hair out! It makes it easy to comb out my hair when I am done which limits breakage.

It has a pleasant scent that is similar to what some high-end shampoos are like. It is sweet and perfume-y.

An average shampoo

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo:

This is a good shampoo for people who want a basic shampoo. This product manages to clean hair quickly and doesn't strip hair of its natural oils when it removes excess oil. This shampoo didn't exactly deliver results I wanted it to, I have very damaged, dry, wavy hair, so I want to get a shampoo that restores my hair, making it healthier and reducing the frizz. This shampoo didn't do that for me, but I would recommend this product to people who have normal hair without a lot of major hair concerns.

This product did a very basic job of cleaning hair without drying it out. I would have liked for this product to replenish my hair with more moisture and make my hair healthier, but it did a very basic job. It didn't reverse any or my hair damage, and it didn't add enough moisture back into my hair to make it much softer, silkier, or shinier.

The scent of this product isn't overwhelmingly strong or powerful. I didn't mind the fragrance of this product.

Excellent for long hair.

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo:

This is a great shampoo for anyone with long hair. My hair is long and thick so I am always looking for good products for it. This shampoo did a great job at helping my long hair be clean and look healthy. One of the best things it did for me was help my ends look good. They did not show as much damage as normal while using this shampoo. I also have oily hair and this shampoo helped it look very clean. It cleaned it without drying it out. For best results, pair it with the conditioner. They are great for long hair. I would highly recommend trying this shampoo out if you have long hair.

It was really effective for me. It treated my long hair really well. It gave me a deep clean and a great look. For the most effective results, pair it with the conditioner. Your long hair will thank you.

The scent is great. It smells really good. It also did a great job of staying in my hair throughout the day.

Pantene shampoo alone leaves a lot to be desired

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo:

Overall, this product used alone was a failure, not only for me but my husband and son as well. I have long hair which is more inline with what the product is for. Even after blow drying my hair it was extremely difficult to comb through. Used with a conditioner it was better but still pretty unmanageable, definitely not as good as other Pantene products we have used in the past. I would not recommend this.

This shampoo left my hair as well as my husbands very dry and brittle feeling. My sons hair never looked clean after using it. He had very thick hair and after use it almost had a greasy look to it. The shampoo didn't lather very well which may contribute to its effectiveness as well?

This product has a pleasant scent. Not too overpowering so my son didn't feel as if he smelled like flowers all day! The scent it did have however did not last very long into the morning.

Keeps my hair clean and healthy

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo:

I have very long hair, so I am always looking for shampoos that will keep it strong and healthy. Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo is the perfect shampoo for my hair. I only need to use a small amount, and it lathers really well. This keeps my hair clean all day, and I don't have to worry about it getting oily when I use this shampoo.

This shampoo helps keep my hair moisturized so I don't have to worry about getting split ends that make my long hair look unhealthy. Also, it is gentle enough to use daily on my color-treated hair. It doesn't dull my hair at all or make the color fade.

Although this shampoo is a little on the expensive side, I don't mind that much because it works well and you can normally find coupons for Pantene products. It's also convenient to purchase because you can buy it from pretty much any other store that sells shampoo.

This shampoo smells really good. It leaves my hair smelling nice all day long.

My go to shampoo- when I can find it.

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo:

I had a friend recommend this to me a while back and I absolutely love it. I've used Pantene products before and generally liked them so it wasn't a stretch to try something from their line for me. It smells great, not too flowery or over the top and leaves your hair feeling clean but not really dried out which is a problem with a lot of shampoo brands for me. As far as how well it helps your hair grow, I don't really believe a shampoo can actually cause your hair to grow faster, that's more of a vitamin and diet realm in my opinion, but I did actually notice some increased growth while using it and was pleasantly surprised. My hair usually grows pretty slow but a big bottle of this lasted about a month and my hair did grow about 2 inches in that month. The only problem for me is that I can only seem to find this particular product every once in a while in different stores, I don't know if it is on limited release or what, but when I do find it, I always buy it over other brands.

I love the smell-- the product is okay.

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo:

First of all, I love the smell of the shampoo. If I could find another shampoo that smelled like it, I would buy it. It isn't too overpowering but it is very nice and I love smelling it while I am in the shower. However, the product is just okay. I have very long hair, it almost touches my bottom at this point. I did not notice any change in the quality of my hair (softness, breakage, or split-ends) while using this product. The product I was using previously was a cheaper brand and I couldn't tell of any difference between the previous product and the Pantene.

I didn't notice any difference in my hair while using this product. I thought that I would considering I was using a bargain brand before I tried this product. But I really didn't notice any changes. In fact, I found my naturally curly hair a little bit harder t untangle while using this product.

The smell alone could honestly get me to buy this product that I wasn't all that enthused about again. If this scent was a perfume or body spray, I would buy it and use it frequently. just love it!

Super soft hair, but not much growth

Comments about Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo:

I love Pantene products, because each one I have ever tried has gotten my hair nice and silky and smooth. It is my go-to brand, especially after travel (when I’ve run out of the shampoo I brought and get stuck using the freebies from the hotel and my hair ends up totally fried!). I’ve been growing out an unfortunate pixie cut for the last two years and was excited to hear about Pantene Great Lengths because the advertising seemed to promote that it would not only be a fabulous product for hair, but that in making hair healthy, it would stimulate growth. "Wow," I thought, "This is exactly the type of product that I need!" I used both the shampoo and conditioner until there was nothing left to use, but I didn’t see much growth.

Overall, I was pleased with how smooth it made my hair, and maybe I interpreted the advertising the wrong way, but I did not see great level of growth after using it for a few months.