Other Shampoos:
Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo

Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Great shampoo for people with sensitive hair and skin

There are a lot of hair care products out there, but not many without citric acid. For some, citric acid is very good for the hair, clearing clogged follicles so that hair remains thick and healthy. For others however, citric acid in the shampoo is very bad. I happen to be allergic to citric acid. I cannot have citrus fruit else I break out in hives and have intestinal problems. If you've noticed a similar pattern after eating citrus fruit, you might also be allergic. In which case, you'll want to avoid using any hygiene product that has citric acid in it as well. Having searched through many, many hair care products, I have to say that Dove is one of the very few that does not include it as an ingredient. Other shampoos (which contain citric acid) have made my hair fall out and given me an itchy, dry scalp. Dove does not.

**Dove prides itself on its mildness and gentleness**as a hygiene product. From soaps and cleansers to shampoo and conditioners, Dove is **one of the safest products for people with problem skin and hair**. Though my hair is very long and curly, **a little Dove shampoo stretches a long way**, lathering nicely and cleansing as well as any other hair care product on the shelf.

What I particularly like about the cool moisture shampoo is the smell. **It has a very clean, slightly sweet scent**. I also work in a very dry environment, so any added moisture is a good thing. **Of all my physical features, I am most proud of and protective of my hair, so when I find a good product like Dove Cool Moisture shampoo, you can bet that I'll go out of my way to find it in the stores**. I can't use just anything on my hair.

It was nice for a while but the party's over.

Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo is for all hair types.  It has a cucumber and green tea scent that is sort of unisex and fresh smelling. I didn't intend to buy this shampoo but a bottle of it came free with a 12 pack of Dove soap so I figured I'd give it a try.

I have tried a few different Dove shampoos in the past and was not too impressed with the scent nor the performance but gave this one a try to see if any improvement had been made.  Much to my surprise it had!  Cool Moisture shampoo lathered really nicely with only a small amount of product and it cleansed well. What's more, it did not leave my hair feeling tangly or dry and I could have gotten away without a conditioner but I had bought some of the matching conditioner (I'm weird like that and have to have the matching set if possible) and used that with it.  My hair turned out nice and fluffy and manageable which totally floored me.

So you may be wondering why I only gave this product three stars.  It's because of the scent.  I despise cucumbers to begin with and although this shampoo is not terribly cucumber heavy in the scent department, the combination of it and green tea got to me and started to nauseate me after about a week.  At first I enjoyed the scent and thought it a refreshing shower experience, it just started to get on my nerves to the point where I had to get it the heck out of my bathroom altogether and I threw it out.

My husband has used it a few times and didn't complain about the scent but he felt that it made his hair too puffy.  He has naturally wavy hair and when it gets a bit too long and he uses a moisturizing or extra body shampoo he feels it gets too poofy and discontinues use of the product.  He used Cool Moisture a few times and gave it back to me.

Despite the fact that I cannot stomach the scent of this product it does work well and I recommend it if you like the scent.

Smells Amazing

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo:

Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo is my favorite shampoo. I tried a lot of shampoos, but none of them compared to Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo. I have long, naturally curly hair and need a shampoo that will clean my hair without weighing it down. I use this shampoo every morning. When I pour some into my palm, I immediately can smell the cucumber and green tea scent. I absolutely love it and can't get enough of it. It wakes me up and puts a smile on my face. I don't have to use much of this shampoo for it to get my hair thoroughly clean, which means buying shampoo less often. My hair is so soft and manageable now that I've switched to Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo. Dove really knows how to make a great product.

My hair feels so clean and soft and looks shiny after using this shampoo.

I wish the cucumber and green tea scent could be made into a body spray. It is amazing. It doesn't smell artificial, and even though it's strong, that makes it long lasting.

This shampoo is great, but the smell can get old after awhile.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo:

When I first bought this shampoo, I loved the scent. It also cleaned my hair very well. I thought it smelled wonderful and that really was the main reason I purchased. I think Dove's cool moisture is a wonderful smell, at first. I started to notice that it was very strong and really stayed in my hair, which usually is a good thing to me. However, not this time. It was very overpowering and it began to annoy me. I liked how the shampoo worked but because the scent was so strong, I began to hate it. I did not even finish out the bottle before I threw it away. It made me very upset, because usually I love Dove products. It was really the first time that I had become disappointed in any product that they have released. I use Dove shampoos regularly as well conditioners, body washes, and deodorant. In fact, most of the products I use for hygiene are Dove's items. I can honestly say that it nothing to do with the effectiveness of the product; it was mainly the scent that turned me off and not because it smelled bad, because the scent was way too strong.

Dove works great but also causes dandruff

Comments about Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo:

All dove shampoos smell really good. I tried this shampoo several times before and what attracted me to this shampoo was the fresh clean cucumber scent. It has a rich texture and it was very creamy and lathered really soapy in my hair. My hair felt so much smoother and I did feel a difference. It was very weightless to my hair and didn't drag it down it kept the body in my hair. My hair felt a lot healthier and the scent locked in my hair all day. When you apply you only need a little bit because a little bit goes a long way. I did however noticed a couple days after using this shampoo I got a little bit of dandruff on the crown of my head. Don't get me wrong this shampoo works extremely well but it just left me with a little bit of dandruff. I don't think I would buy this shampoo again just because I don't want to experience dandruff again. I think maybe it was just a little too much for my hair.

Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo has a nice Scent

Profile Image

from North Hanover, NJ

Comments about Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo:

I have used the Cool Moisture conditioner for quite a while but never the shampoo. It was on sale as a buy one get one free so I decided to give it a shot. It smells very nice, a cucumber and green tree scent. It lathers up very nicely and you do not have to use a lot to get a good lather going. It rinses out nicely as well and leaves your hair with a great smell that lasts. It cleans really well too and did not dry out my hair. I did notice however that after a few weeks of using it that my hair started to feel weighted down and heavy so I used another shampoo for a few days. I like the shampoo but would not use it every single day. I like the smell and how it works with the matching conditioner. It is a good product for the money and is often on sale. I recommend it for all hair types. It deep cleans any type of hair, short or long, does not work on dandruff if you have it and adds a fluffiness to your hair. Overall a good shampoo.

Amazing product, Amazing smell.

Comments about Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo:

I love, love, love this product! I started using it in March 2007 and it is the only shampoo I have used since then. This is the longest I have stayed with the same shampoo, so that must say something! I have normal, straight hair and it works really well on it. It does give it some volume, but not too much that it is overwhelming. The scent is amazing. It really does smell like cucumbers! I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. You can still smell it in the evening, and even the next morning! I use it with the conditioner, which probably gives it an even stronger scent! It is getting harder and harder to find. I try to buy it at a pharmacy because they have rewards programs, plus there are always coupons in the paper that same week. I recommend giving this product a try! Keep buying it and let Dove know because I am not sure how much longer it will be on the shelves! I promise you will not be disappointed!

Perfect for color treated hair!

Comments about Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo:

I have tried salon exclusive products and mainstream many times over. I fell in love with this Dove shampoo at first just for the scent. Very calming and sweet but not over powering when blended with other hair products. I have a sensitive scalp (to the point of some shampoos in the past giving me burn or scabs on it) and this is so nice to my scalp and really takes care of my hair. I color treat my hair with highlights and a black underneath. Most people would say to use color treated only but the moisture this shampoo provides really helps to lock in the color and keep it bright for MONTHS! A little goes a long way as it lathers on very nicely and washes clean. The conditioner is a great compliment to the product. Flip top makes it fairly easy to use in the shower. Only minor complaint with the big bottle is getting the last of it out as the top of the container is curved so standing bottle upside down is not really an option.

Feels like I splurged!

from Kingsport, TN

Comments about Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo:

I have coarse, thick hair. Most shampoos just don't give me the results I want so I tend to stick with one or two favorite brands. I purchased Dove shampoo and conditioner when I had a coupon. I am so glad I gave it a try. The Dove shampoo was thick and worked up a good lather. The scent was delicate but wonderfully refreshing. Since I don't wear perfume, having a product with a light scent is nice. The shampoo rinsed out very well. I followed with the conditioner. My hair felt clean yet moisturized. It had the shine I was looking for without using additional product. This is now my go-to brand. It is easily accessible and there are usually several choices if fragrances and formulations. If you look carefully, you might be able to snag a bottle with a bonus sample or some other special treat. Dove shampoo makes me feel like I splurged on an expensive brand!

I get salon quality for a discount store price.

Light and refreshing without overpowering. Many scents available.

This scent is something that you want to hang around

from Oxford, MS

Comments about Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo:

I love the smell of this Dove shampoo. It's refreshing, clean, and lasts without being overpowering. The consistancy is good for application, not too thin or thick so as not to waste it/use too much. I think the shampoo by itself was a little drying to my hair so I use the conditioner too.

This is definitely the best shampoo I've ever tried.

from Halstad, MN

Comments about Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo:

I saw this shampoo on sale at the grocery store on day and decided to try it, since I was tired of the normal shampoo I'd been using.  This stuff is amazing!  After the first wash, I told my boyfriend that I wasn't going to use anything else ever again.  The shampoo is thick, it lathers nicely, and the smell is awesome.

comparable to salon shampoos

from Prophetstown, IL

Comments about Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo:

This is the best Dove product by far.  The shampoo is every bit as good as several of the salon shampoos that I have tried and not continued to use because of the high cost.  Finally a product that is reasonably priced with absolutely salon qualtiy!!!