Other Microwave Ovens:

Panasonic 1250 Watt 2.2 Cubic Feet Inverter Microwave Oven H965BF

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

Another winner in the Panasonic microwave line.

I replaced my old Panasonic Microwave with the Panasonic Inverter 2.2 cu ft/Genius Prestige. (I wore out the inside of the last one.  Wore the coating below the turntable to bare metal after using it daily for 9 years.)  This time I went with a stainless outside and I love the ease of keeping the outside clean.  No worry that my kids will put something on the top that will stain the appliance.  This microwave defrosts better than any other I have found.  No cooked ends and frozen middles.  The wattage cooks food quickly and evenly.  I was a bit concerned about going from punching in time to turning a nob to control the numbers digitally, but I was quickly convinced that it was just as easy.

I definitely recommend this item.

Good microwave

We received this Panasonic microwave as a gift 3 years ago after our previous microwave had "burned out". We (my wife and I) have been happy with this microwave since that time. It's been using for melting butter, melting cheese for tacos, and microwave porcorn, canned vegetables and soups, and sometimes other leftovers. The only thing we tried using it for but was unsuncessful with is defrosting meat/chicken. e tried one time long ago to defrost two pork steaks. It seems as though the microwave not only defrosted them, but was cooking the steaks as it was doing so. We did not want the steaks cooked yet, so we ended up going back to the old method of defrosting them in hot water in the sink because we could not figure out how to use the defrost system on the microwave. The only other problem we run into is cleaning the microwave. Pulling out the giant, sometimes heavy glass rotating plate can be a little "fun", especially with trying to find somewhere to sit it where it won't break. For the most part though, this is a good microwave to have.

The Cadillac of Microwaves!

Comments about Panasonic 1250 Watt 2.2 Cubic Feet Inverter Microwave Oven H965BF:

This microwave is the most spacious and efficient microwave I've ever owned. Nothing compares to its ability to heat or cook foods evenly and quickly.

Unlike other microwaves I've owned in the past, this microwave heats an cooks all food evenly and quickly. I don't have to worry about hot and cold spots in my food anymore, nor do I have to put the same dish in the microwave over and over again in order to get it to cook all the way through.

Settings/Features
The features are pretty standard, which I like. Simple and easy to use. I can't stand appliances with a thousand different features and buttons to choose from.

I always use a microwave cover, but if something does happen to splatter it only takes a quick wipe with a paper towel and some dish liquid to remove the food and the microwave is sparkly clean again.

This microwave is very easy to use and program. Anyone could use it since the features are pretty standard and simple to understand.

I've had the microwave for a couple of years and so far so good. It seems like it was built to last so I don't anticipate having to replace it anytime soon.

The design is simple, which I like and I love that it came in black to match my other kitchen small appliances. This microwave is rather large so make sure you have the room for it before you purchase it. We have the microwave sitting on top of a microwave cart and it just fits. It will take up a lot of countertop space if that's where you plan on placing it.

Pretty Good Microwave

from USA, Indiana

This microwave works really well with heating up foods. I use this microwave to heat up frozen meals, leftover meals, popcorn and I even heat up water to make tea and coco.

Whenever I heat up frozen meals or frozen vegetables in this microwave, everything comes out perfect. My food never overcook or undercook. This microwave has preset cooking times for certain foods. There is a frozen meal button, popcorn button and a defrost button.

Recently I have made a chocolate mug cake in this microwave. The chocolate mug cake came out perfect. I didn't think one could actually bake a cake in a microwave. I got the recipe out of a cookbook called "Everyday Happy Herbivore".

The microwave is very easy to clean. I use a warm, soapy dish cloth to clean up any spills or splattered foods inside the microwave.

I use my microwave on a daily basis. I am very pleased with this product. I would recommend this microwave to anyone who is thinking about purchasing one.

coolest hot oven

I actually have bought this oven unfortunately because i went to buy this some other branded oven but when i saw this oven i can move on without looking to this and compared to many oven's there in shopping i found this will perfect to get worthy.

I upgraded from a mid-size 650-watt oven to this full-size 1250-watt oven. I have to remind myself sometimes that everything needs less time to cook. However, there are a lot of pre-programmed features in this unit that make it easier. For example, there is a sensor cook button that selects the time and power level for different kinds of foods depending on how many times you tap the button. Types of food include baked potatoes, frozen pizza, frozen entrees, fresh vegetables, frozen vegetables and omelettes. I made a baked potato last night that was cooked perfectly. There is also a separate popcorn button (you can select from 3 different bag sizes) that also worked perfectly. A More/Less button lets you add or subtract time to the sensor and popcorn settings.

• Settings/Features:

Great size with power I need.

from Hammond, IN

I do not know exactly, or even roughly, how this inverter technology works, but it does work well! I was always against using a microwave to actually cook--not just warm up or melt food--but this one is the microwave that changed my mind. It is like having a second oven. The food cooks evenly and consistently. The microwave of the future. It even looks futuristic and cool.

Work Horse in Kitchen

Our home previously had a 2.0 Panasonic microwave with 1200 watts and most of the features on the newer 1250 watt microwave oven. This work horse lasted over twenty years with only one necessary repair. The door switch failed after 18 years; it was replaced by a Panasonic service facility at a reasonable price and in a short period of time. Two years later the inverter failed. The repair cost was almost equal to a purchase of a new oven. There was no question as to what manufactured microwave brand would be purchased.
The Panasonic 1250 watt, 2.2 microwave is a work horse in my kitchen. It has ample room inside to place my casserole dishes. It allows numerous recipes that cook to the desired temperature, texture and taste that can help one achieve a varied meal plan.
The controls are easy to use. The reheat feature is a welcome function to warm left overs without over cooking. And the one minute button is a time saver yet the best use in this home usually is for warming coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
Broccoli steams and cooks better than any other method in just a few minutes and has a very appetizingly beautiful dark green color that makes your mouth water (if you like broccoli that is). The texture of the vegetable comes out just like it should without the over watered florets usually obtained by boiling. All types of vegetables, meat and even fruit such as “baked” apple stuffed with raisins. Yum!
My Panasonic microwave has cooked scalloped potatoes, peach cobbler, and chicken casseroles in a very short time. These are the meals and desserts normally prepared in oven but the hot summer months make this work horse indispensable.
There are other features such as setting the power level, time and keeping food warm for up to 30 minutes after it has cooked that allows one to attend to other meal preparation without being concerned about the food being at the proper temperature.
Would certainly recommend this microwave oven to anyone; as a matter of fact my brother just bought one prior to Christmas and he is enthralled.

Absolutely LOVE IT!!!

So easy to use... It's the best microwave I've ever owned. I purchased it 5 years ago and it still looks and works like new!!! So easy to clean. The defrost mode works better than on other microwave I have owned in the past. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone.

Good microwave

• Settings/Features:

Good for most things except popcorn

from Saint Augustine, FL

This microwave is almost too powerful for its own good. Using it to microwave popcorn is quite an adventure. The popcorn buttons will fry most products. By trial and error we have learned to use the 90 percent power setting at 2 minutes for a regular bag of popcorn and 90 seconds for the snack size. This method still results in some burnt and unpopped kernels. It works well for all other items we have cooked. What we like best about this particular model is that the power settings appear to be consistent power levels for the entire duration of the cycle (as opposed to full power for a percentage of the cycle and no power for the duration). We purchased the model with the stainless steel finish and it coordinates well with other appliances in our kitchen. A good microwave for the price. Just be careful with popcorn.

Consistent power level. Hard on popcorn.

Settings/Features
Don't use the popcorn feature.

No problem.

For all but popcorn.

So far, so good.

Panasonic Genius Microwave

I was very disappointed in Panasonic Support Department

Microwave works. but seems underpowered for 1250 watts

Number keypad began to bubble after 3 weeks of use, on the numbers most frequently used. Upon contacting Panasonic, I was informed cosmetic issues are NOT covered under warranty. Apparently the covering is defective, but I am supposed to deal with it as it gets worse and more unsightly.

• Settings/Features:

Wish I had gotten the newer version with roller control

There's more update models, that I think would have worked better for our household. The touch screen requires harder pressure applied to the key pad, creating more fingerprints (sometimes sticky ones thanks to kids!), and also harder for kids to operate. The microwave cooks evenly, turntable functions as it should. Cleaning isn't a problem. It's not loud when cooking. I do wish there were more personalization settings available.

Fast even cooking time

Settings/Features
More options and features would be helpful. Most of the ones included were not very useful to us.

Do not notice any cleaning difference from previous microwaves. Too bad they don't make a self cleaning model!

The control knob version would be easier to operate. The key pad does require a fair amount of pressure applied. Not a deal breaker, but after using a friends with that option, I regret not getting it for mine.