Other Microwave Ovens:

GE 1000 Watt 1.5 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

Who needs a regular oven when you have this?

***Single + Guy + City = Takeout Food * Many Nights a Week***. As a result, I often reheat leftovers like pizza or Chinese food. In the past, I would reheat pizza in the gas oven and reheat Chinese food in the microwave. Well, not any more! I don't think I have used my regular oven since I purchased the **GE JE1590 Convection / Microwave Oven**.

This is not your ordinary microwave oven. It includes a convection oven that moves hot air past the food. I can use this **convection option** to reheat foods like pizza (from Pequod's Pizza on the corner of Clybourn and Webster in Chicago). The crust doesn't get soggy and chewy like it would in a regular microwave oven. I can still use the **microwave option** just as a normal microwave -- for leftovers like Spicy Crazy Noodles (from Oodles of Noodles on Clark Street in Chicago). If I am in a hurry, I will use the **combination option** that takes advantage of the quick microwave heating along with the browning of the convection oven.

There are several convection/microwave ovens out there. They all seem to have similar features and power ratings. I chose this particular one because of the overall look with its brushed steel and trendy display panel. I think it has a few other color options. I use it as a countertop appliance, but there is also an optional "Built-In Kit".

I am sure there are plenty of other ways to take advantage of the convection microwave, but as you can tell, I mainly use it for reheating foods. For a single dude that thrives on convenient and quality food, this is an absolute "must have".

Ge Microwave is a good purchase.

This is a great microwave. We have used this for over a year now. The only issue we have with this is that the Door is a little ajar. We are not sure why or what happened but when we close this sometimes it does not close all the way and it will not start. We open and re shut the door and it will come on and work fine. I am a little worried about using this because of radiation issues but my husband says that it is not a problem just the door ajar. He has not tried to look at it yet but when he does I hope that he can fix it or we will be buying another one really soon. I would buy another GE microwave but might now buy this model.

Performance is great. We have no problems how it performs.

Settings/Features
We love the individual settings on these for reheating etc. That is what attracted us to this micowave.

It cleans up very well. No problems cleaning this.

Very easy to use. Our 9 year old can use this with no problem.

Durability is not perfect. Something wrong with the door being ajar and we dont know why.

Design is perfect. No problems.

Macairoev finest kind in the world

from CV

About Me Can't Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Heats Unevenly

• Defrosting

Comments about GE 1000 Watt 1.5 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

It is the best that exists throughout the market certainly provides an enviable quality, ensuring more than buy a lifetime investment, as it has finished truly art, made with highly durable materials and what is much better after using it, you will be amazed at the ease with which you can wash it. With this product you will get the perfect kitchen for you and your partner, , experiment and do everything you've always wanted to do in your kitchen.

So pamper the most important thing you have in your life, your family, your children, your siblings, your parents, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your friends in order all your loved ones. It is a producer provides an enviable by all reliability and will make your life much more pleasant.

• Primary use:
  • Personal
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

You get what you pay for.

Comments about GE 1000 Watt 1.5 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I purchased this microwave to replace one that quit just before Christmas. I had to have a microwave quickly and decided to purchase this one because of the price. Next time I should do more research prior to purchase. This microwave is to small for our family. I think it would work better for a single person or college student. It takes twice as long to heat something up. A bag of popcorn takes 3 and half minutes to pop.

The wattage on this microwave is not high enough to pop popcorn in a quick manner. The microwave I had in the past would have it done in approximately 2 and half minutes while this one take over 3. That does not sound like much but when you are trying to pop several bags for the family movie night it is way to long.

Settings/Features
The glass bottom pops off of the spinner really easy. When putting a dish in the microwave if you bump the glass it comes off the spinner and you have to put your dish down and replace it before cooking.

The microwave is easy to clean

I like the feature of pushing the 1 on the pad and it immediately starts and cooks for a minute.

Simple and convenient

from Edina, MN

Comments about GE 1000 Watt 1.5 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

This is a simple convenient microwave great for everyday use. General Electric has some great products. Its nothing special just your basics and what you will need for warming up, cooking, etc. Its simple to use and does not take up much space. Easy to cleanup in a flash if something spills and the noise level is really low. Easy for kids to warm up things easily too. It has lasted a long time and we have had no complications or problems with it. We would buy something similar to this for the future.

Great, simple to use and warms things up quickly.

Settings/Features
Simple settings and features, but all you need for everyday basics.

A plus, easy as pie.

Simple, my kids figured it out real quick on their own.

It has been long lasting and with no complications. We have had no problems with electrics or overheating.

The design is simple and classic and all you need. Nothing fabulous or over the top. Just simple.

excellent family microwave

Comments about GE 1000 Watt 1.5 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I recently purchased this microwave on sale and have been amazed at the power and even cooking it does in a quick amount of time. I like that I can use my microwave to cook things in a quicker amount of time and with less liquids in it for a fresher taste with my steamed vegetables. I like the easy to understand buttons and all the options it gives me to use.

This microwave works great and is extremely hot when cooking so it cooks all my foods quicker and also gives me many options to choose from weather I want to cook something or defrost it. It works great every time and gives me the exact results I was looking for.

Settings/Features
There is a nice set of features on this microwave and all the buttons are located conveniently to use.

The smooth surfaces and easy to remove glass plate inside the microwave make this model very easy to clean up and simply put back together.

I like this simple to use microwave model and its so easy to use that even my kids can use it easily without any problems. All the buttons are located conveniently and setting are easy to understand.

This is a very strongly made microwave and it stands up great to cooking anything I put in it.

The simple easy to use design makes this microwave easy to use and clean.

• Settings/Features:

A great microwave for the price

Comments about GE 1000 Watt 1.5 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

Great microwave works like it should but could be better. Plenty of better microwaves out on the market for better price and with better features though

Works great as just a microwave. Simple and easy, and if microwaving/reheating/quick cooking things are all you need, this is the microwave you want.

Settings/Features
not very many settings or features as one of those high tech newer microwaves

Easy to clean; pearl white color so you can see if it's dirty or not.

Great product low cost

Comments about GE 1000 Watt 1.5 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

For the money, this micro cannot be beat. It does everything I need and didnt cost an arm and a leg. It had multiple settings, heats and cooks food evenly. Its compact enough for a small space yet has room for a decent sized container inside. A definite must buy if you are looking for a microwave.

• Settings/Features:

Easy to use, fast and efficient.

Comments about GE 1000 Watt 1.5 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

It makes my life easier.

Works great no performance problems.

Settings/Features
Easy to use features, set time, product pictures suggested times for each on front of microwave.

just wipe and go.

set the timer for the desired product and go about your business.

I have had this microwave for three years still have no problem with it. Still runs great.

No special design to it standard microwave look. but hey still works great.

• Settings/Features:

Great microwave for the money!!

Comments about GE 1000 Watt 1.5 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

This microwave is perfect for families who do a lot of microwave cooking. You can cook large items as well as reheat items in large microwavable serving dishes.

After calling the repairman during my one year warranty, we have had no problems. We have had this unit for 2 1/2 years now.

Settings/Features
This microwave is very easy to use in that it has several express settings as well as a thirty second cooking timer.

I just heat a bowl of water with a squirt of lemon juice for 5 minutes, and then I wipe the microwave clean:)

My son and daughter can easliy reheat food without having to call me to help.

I must say that I did have to call a repairman three times during my one year warranty period. The third and final time, which was two weeks before my warranty ran out, the repairman fouynd out why a fuse was continuing to blow. There was a faulty circuit breaker inside the microwave. Since then, it has worked perfectly:) It has been one year and five months with no problems at all.

This microwave is rather large, so you will need a lot of counter space to store it. We were blessed to have a cabinet that had an opening where we could store out microwave. The door will need enough area to swing open as well.

Priced Affordable- bit lacks Refinement

Comments about GE 1000 Watt 1.5 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I am extremely happy with the price I paid for this fine Microwave online. Now, actually sizing it up against similar models it falls short.

Pros: Perfect Price
Small- doesn't take up too much space

Cons: The hot keys on the key-pad are useless (always have to re-heat again)
*It seems like it cooks somethings way faster and others alot slower
*Not an energy efficent model

It lacked refinment in the speed it re-heats up food.

Great, overall design.

Easy to clean!

Small microwave with intuitive interface.

• Settings/Features:

A bit more complicated than I expected

Comments about GE 1000 Watt 1.5 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven:

I had my last microwave for 10 years, so I am a little behind in microwave technology! I was not expecting a microwave that was also a convection oven. I do not really use this feature. I am pleased that it heats like it should, and it is much quieter than my older microwave. It is not the biggest microwave out there, but it does take up a good bit of counter space.

It reheats food and makes popcorn well. That is really what I was looking for in a microwave. It heats quickly and evenly.

Settings/Features
Even though I do not currently use the confection oven feature I am excited to know that I could, eventually. I would like to be able to vary the cooking time a little more.

Smuges easily on the outside, and cleaning the inside is a little more complicated than just "wiping it down"

I'm sure I will eventually learn to use this microwave easily. It does have features I am not used to in a microwave, and I cannot figure out how to vary the cooking time by increments other than 5 seconds

I have not had this microwave very long, but it seems sturdy and shows no signs of shorting out.

I think its a great idea to have a microwave that can do more than just microwave!