Other Cooking Tools & Gadgets:
Pampered Chef

Pros

Cons

Give Garlic the Squeeze!

I love garlic on a lot of foods and there is a big difference from the store bought powdered version to the home grown garlic where you can do it yourself.

This...Read complete review

This garlic press is from Pampered Chef and it is made of a light weight aluminum which is not too hard to operate. This press is so easy to use, you just pop in a clove of garlic( skin and all) and squeeze the handle. The skin of the clove of garlic usually remains in the middle of the press and the garlic is squeezed out through the tiny holes in the press.

The press is washable and it comes complete with a plastic tool that will fit into those tiny holes to get any remains out for you. The washing of this is the part I don't like, but I do love the press otherwise.

The garlic press only works for one clove.

When I saw my sister in law with this product, I was so excited to go out and get one of my own! I never even knew something like this existed until I saw someone else use it. I cook soooo many of my dishes with garlic, but the bad part is that I use an extremely large amount of garlic all the time. Usually at least 10 cloves for every dish. When I bought my garlic press, I was expecting that I wouldn't have to peel my garlic anymore, but I was very disappointed. First of all, the grip isn't that great, so it actually kinda hurts my hands to press the garlic. After the first clove of garlic, you can't really press anymore through because the skin is clogging up the holes. If you try to press more garlic without removing the skin from the first clove, then only some of the second clove will be pressed and the rest will get stuck. You end up having to clean it out before pressing the next. And if you are pressing 10 cloves or more for your recipe, then it probably takes about the same amount of time just peeling all the cloves and throwing it in a chopper machine. I actually like the consistency of a chopper better than pressed garlic.

Pretty Good Press

from Utah

Comments about Pampered Chef Garlic Press:

This Pampered Chef garlic press is quite good at pressing garlic into very small bits for something like spaghetti sauce. We have also had it double as a playdough press for our kids, and they have enjoyed using it with great success.

Even though this press is great at pressing garlic, it is very difficult to clean. Garlic can easily clog the holes, and it is very difficult to remove. Some garlic will also be trapped between the plate with holes and the piece coming down to press it through. The end of this garlic will not be forced through the holes, but it is pressed down hard into the crevices of the inside of the press. This makes it stick and extremely difficult to remove.

This garlic press is very heavy-duty. The handle is solid, the plate with the holes is very solid, and so is the piece coming down to press the garlic through the plate. Nothing bends or gives way when pushing against the garlic, even though it takes a reasonable amount of force to get the garlic through the press.

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Pampered Chef Garlic Press:

I love this garlic press. I've had mine for about six years and would be lost without it. it takes very little effort to get the minced garlic you want for your food preparation.

This may be the only downside of this little tool. The garlic skin can get caught up in the holes but with a little effort, it can be cleaned quite well. What I do is simply let it soak in warm soapy water for an hour or two and it cleans right up.

I would say this is very durable as I've used mine at least two to three times a week for close to six years. It looks and works as well as the day I brought it home. I've dropped it numerous times and it's none the worse for wear.

The design is quite good but I do wish it were slightly bigger but it works fine the way it is. It fits quite well in my hand and requires a minimum amount of effort to squeeze the garlic through the press. Sometimes I use a plastic spatula to cut the garlic from the bottom of the press as it can stick sometimes depending on what type of garlic and if it's fresh or older garlic that's been sitting around for some time. Older garlic tends to get dry and stick. It works best with fresh garlic.

Love my garlic press!

Comments about Pampered Chef Garlic Press:

I love my Pampered chef garlic press! It works so well and so consistently. My only complaint - it should come with extra "combs" because I let the garbage disposal chomp on the comb, and now it doesn't go in the holes anymore. I do like that the comb attaches though, as I didn't have to dig in my gadget drawer for the little piece.
It is otherwise easy to clean. I use mine weekly, and I absolutely love it! This is my 2nd Pampered Chef garlic press, as the first one got lost in transit somehow. I had to replace it immediately. Mi will not lose this one!!! This may be my favorite PC gadget!

I would easily give this a 10 if it came with extra combs. Otherwise, it's perfect.

This press is Sooooo durable, and it looks just like it did when I first bought it.

The all-in-one piece design is perfect, and there is no need for it to come apart. It is so simple, and it is not at all bulky. It works equally well on small and large garlic cloves.

The best quality garlic press ever!

Comments about Pampered Chef Garlic Press:

I love the Pampered Chef garlic press. I use a lot of garlic in my cooking and this product makes it easy. The garlic press is so sturdy and durable that I can use it even with large tough garlic bulbs. I never even peel the garlic, and it crushes through the outer shell. Even simple to clean unlike other garlic presses.

The garlic press comes with a tiny tool attached that pushes the shell and garlic bits through the tiny little holes, making cleanup very simple. I place the garlic press in the dishwasher and have never had a problem with it coming clean.

I have had my garlic press for over 4 years and it still works like new. It is crafted out of a heavy duty like aluminum/steel. It is very durable and strong.

The design is very nice and simple to use. The tiny holes in the garlic press squeeze out almost all of the garlic from the bulb. Also does not take too much pressure to squeeze the handles together like some other presses.

another great pampered chef item

Comments about Pampered Chef Garlic Press:

The pampered chef garlic press is very simple to use; it allows you to quickly add fresh pressed garlic to any dish. I enjoy using it for fresh vegetables, stirfrys, etc. To use, simply open the press, insert a clove of garlic, close the press and apply a small amount of pressure. it does not take a super human to be able to press the cloves, and it is easy to store. The only negative to this item is it can be difficult clean. I have mentioned a trick that i use for cleaning below in the cleaning section of this review.

The only complaint I have with this item is cleaning it. I find it difficult to remove the garlic pressings/cloves from the press. If I need to press multiple cloves of garlic, it is usually a hassle to get the first one out before pressing the second. Sometimes, I apply a little cooking spray on the press before using it to help prevent the cloves from sticking. This helps with removing the pressed clove and cleaning the item.

Fresh garlic is the way to go.

from Mount Airy, MD

Comments about Pampered Chef Garlic Press:

I enjoy using fresh garlic in my recipes. I hate peeling garlic, though. My favorite feature of the Pampered Chef Garlic Press is that you do not have to peel the garlic to crush it. You simply remove a clove from the bulb, put it into the press papery skin and all, and crush it. Then, use the attached cleaning tool to pull out the skin. Rinse the press and use the cleaning tool to clear the holes and you are done.

The cleaning tool is brilliant. And, you can also put the press into the dishwasher, which is even easier.

This press is made of a very sturdy metal. I've been using mine for a long time, even to prepare meals for groups of 50 or more. It has never let me down.

I love that the cleaning tool attaches to the press. It can be a bit of a challenge to figure out how it clips back on, but once you get the hang of that part, it is nice to never have to go looking for a separate loose piece. It is always right where you need it.

Can NOT go without using this in almost every meal

Comments about Pampered Chef Garlic Press:

If you cook at home, and use garlic frequnently... GET THIS NOW. Seriously the best press out there. Makes cleaning up afterwards easy... you wash it off and stick in dishwasher! Sometimes you have to put a little strenght in the push to get the garlic out, but otherwise a toddler could use it (wouldnt recommend that). Spaghetti, any italian food, mexican foods, etc etc there are SO many uses for this. I use it at least 3 times a week when cooking.

Wash with water and put in dishwasher, super easy!

LASTS FOREVER

SO Easy to use and I have put it through the ringer!

brilliant!

Comments about Pampered Chef Garlic Press:

every cook needs a garlic press...what i love about this is how sturdy it feels when holding it and after you press, it traps the skin of the garlic inside, you clean it out(very easily) and start pressing more garlic! so much better than the pre-pressed garlic that comes in a jar!

Amazing Garlic Press

Comments about Pampered Chef Garlic Press:

This item is cost more then it should, however it is a great garlic press. The cleaning is pretty easy. If your not too picky then any old garlic press works just as good. the trick is don't get ones that have multiple pieces, it makes cleaning more tricky. This one does just fine and is durable.

It is easy to clean. Sometimes the garlic shell gets a little stuck but its not too terribly bad to clean.

I drop this a lot and it has held up great.

It's nothing facey, just plain and simple and it gets the job done. It's easy to hold and easy to store.

Pampered Chef Garlic Press - Wish I could find mine!!!

from Troy, OH

Comments about Pampered Chef Garlic Press:

I loved my pampered chef garlic press. I say "loved" insted of "love" because since my husband and I moved into our new house, I can't find mine! This garlic press was great because it had great leverege for crushing garlic without hurting my hands. The stainless steel design was easy to clean and looked great after many washes. I bought a replacement garlic press, but it just didn't have the durability or crushing power that this one had. And most of all, I miss the handy little brush! It mades using this easy and it kept my hands from stinking like garlic all day. I really need to find a pampered chef consultant to get another one of these garlic presses.