Other Misc. Kitchen Items:
Pampered Chef
Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher

Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher

Very Cool Pitcher

This is a very well designed pitcher. When I first saw this pticher I thought that since the stirring stick did not twist it would not effectively stir the drinks. But the way the blades are tilted itspins it very well. It kind makes it spin like a tornado. So this is always the pitcher I use for juices such as orange juice. Since orange juice has all that pulp that falls to the bottom, everytime I pour some juice for myself, I give it a quick stir and you can mix it all right up. It is also good for home made juices liek tomato juice. I also like to make a homemade lemonade with this and I put lots or orange and lemon slices in the pitcher with the drink. It is beautiful that way. And you don't have to worry about seeds goining into your drink since you can choose to have the strainer on the spout. One other good use for this is if you have the smaller size it is great for infant formula. What I do for my baby is since the powder formula is good for 24 hours, I mix up how many ounces he will drink in 24 hours and stir it with the pitcher. I put it in the fridge and just pour out and heat how much he needs each time. And I can know that it is still well stirred and evenly distributed.

I would keep looking.

First, the pros:  It mixes up any drink quickly!  I love taking juice or iced tea out of the fridge and giving it a couple of pumps with the handle to make sure all pulp is evenly mixed.  No more nasty surprises at the end!  Also, mixing drinks for the first time is a lot easier.  The handle doesn't dig into my hands and is quite comfortable.  The closure is also great - strain, full, or closed.  When it's closed, you know - it really works!

Second, the cons:  The plastic is IMPOSSIBLE to really clean well - especially after iced tea or grape juice.  You need strong cleaners or a nice bleach/water combo to get it out - or scrub with a magic eraser.  It's extra frustrating, as there are a lot of crevices to get to with a cloth.  Also, the plastic breaks easily.  The pitcher itself never broke on me, but the bottom of the handle did - the blades are tender, and will break if they are used on frozen concentrate (or just simply over time.)  Also this pitcher is very hard to carry when full.  All of the weight pulls down on the handle in an uncomfortable way.  You need 2 hands to carry it and pour.

I would just go with the 2-quart if you're determined to buy Pampered Chef's pitchers.  It's much easier to work with.

Yes, I still like mine.  However, I'm not convinced that the extra cost is worth more then a spoon in a normal pitcher.

Quick Stir is right!

Comments about Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher:

This is a wonderful product for people that drink a lot of kool-aid or other drinks from mixes. My only drawback is that the bottom of the plunger is very hard to clean. I've found that even the dishwasher doesn't get it truly clean. I love how easy it is to use. Even the kids make kool-aid with it.

Durable, Convenient, & Cute!

Comments about Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher:

When I order this pitcher from Pampered Chef, I was a bit worried about the clear container staining. I went ahead and purchased it anyway, though, because I thought the self stirring feature would come in very handy. After having used this product for over a year now, I have to say that the clear plastic is very durable and has not stained much at all. I have used this pitcher to make bright colored Kool-Aids (like red, purple, and blue), as well as for tea and lemonade beverages. Not only has the picture maintained its “clear” color, it has also held up to being dropped on a tile floor by my toddler and repeated washings in the dishwasher. The mixing paddle works well, stirring the sugars and drink mixes and leaving no residues on the bottom. I have also used this for fruit juices and it is nice to be able to stir the contents before pouring as some orange and pineapple juices have pulp that settles to the bottom. Overall, this is a great pitcher that works well and looks attractive for serving.

Best Pitcher Ever!

Comments about Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher:

This is a very ingenious pitcher. The style of the pitcher has a plunger attached to the lid, that mixes drinks simply by lifting and pushing down the top handle. So perfect!Makes mixing drinks very simple and fast. The large style can hold much more than a normal pitcher. The clear design with frosted dots is very modern and elegant at the same time. I use my pitcher for iced tea, lemonade, children's mixed drinks and more. The pitcher is simple to clean. I even put mine in the dishwasher and have never had a problem doing that. The durability of this product is also unlike many other pitchers. The plastic it is made of is a hard type of material, not a flimsy bendable one. Pampered Chef also sells matching products to go with the pitcher style. I love to have a coordinated kitchen and this is something I can match to other kitchen items. I love that the company who sells this product provides a warranty and also stands behind the quality of their products as well. The Pampered Chef pitcher is a great product and has already lasted much longer than any other before it.

My least favorite Pampered Chef product

from Mount Airy, MD

Comments about Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher:

I really wanted to like this pitcher. I grew up in the South, where there is always a pitcher of sweet tea in the refrigerator. Unfortunately, this gallon-sized pitcher is so unwieldy when it is full that it is very difficult to avoid spilling liquid from the spout when moving it around. It has something to do with the weight distribution. I understand the intent of the oblong shape, but it throws so much weight away from the handle that it is impossible to pull it out of the fridge with one hand without a spill. I like the idea of the stirring plunger, however, anything solid that you want in the pitcher has to be inserted with the plunger down and the lid held up so that it is between the plunger and the lid. If it is under the plunger, then the plunger handle sticks up too far and is in the way. This is particularly the case with ice. Also, it is difficult to keep the plunger paddle clean as it has dozens of little nooks for gunk to collect in. This pitcher got on my nerves so much that I got rid of it.

Favorite thing in my kitchen!

from Lavaca, AR

Comments about Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher:

This pitcher is absolutely my favorite item in my entire kitchen. I had to buy 2 of them because I was constantly washing and refilling my first one. We drink a lot of tea and Kool-Aid, so this pitcher is perfect for mixing in the sugar. I'll never go back to stirring my drinks with a spoon again! Another great use I discovered was using it to mix baby formula. It did a great job of dissolving the powder formula without adding a lot of air bubbles like shaking always did. I just left the pitcher in the refrigerator and poured bottles when I needed them. Very convenient! Even after years of use, the plastic has not become discolored or warped like some of the lower quality pitchers I've used in the past. This is a wonderful product!

Way Better Than Other Brands!!!

from Loveland, OH

Comments about Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher:

We have had this pitcher for about three years and even though it broke after two years I still love it! My family goes through Kool Aid, Lemonade and frozen juice like crazy and this product makes it so eay to make. You simply pull the mixer handle up and down to mix up your ingredients. It is so simple, my four year old loves to mix the drinks. Next to the spout there is a contraption that you slide to close the spout, pour or strain and this is the piece that broke last year. After about 8 months that piece became stuck where we couldn't move it passed the pour position. My husband tried one day to move it and it snapped off and boke. By no means does this stop us from using this product, I still love it! I have also tried similar pitchers from other companies and they are no where near as good as the Pampered Chef brand.

Pampered Chef Quick-Stir is the best pitcher!

from Provo, UT

Comments about Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher:

My mother had one of these when I lived at home, and so when I got married this was one of the first things I wanted to purchase! I've always loved orange juices and lemonades that typically have a lot of pulp, and so one common problem I encountered was that the last glass of juice seemed to be all pulp and only a little juice, this problem is easily solved by the quick-stir picture. It's easy to just pump the handle once or twice each time I get a drink and the pulp gets mixed around evenly so each glass of juice is the perfect mixture. This size is larger than the one I had when I lived at my parents, and I think I do prefer the smaller size because when this pitcher is all the way full it is rather heavy and hard for my kids to lift. I have found it rather easy to clean and haven't had an issue with that at all, and would recommend this for anyone as a primary juice pitcher, it is by far the best I have ever used.

Great for things that need extra stiring

from Belton, MO

Comments about Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher:

I love to make strawberry lemonade in the summer but it really needs stirred before each glass is served which can be a mess.  I love the Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher for making a gallon of strawberry lemonade as you just pump the handle and the strawberries are quickly mixed and ready for pouring (if you need a smaller portion you can get the Pampered Chef 2 Quart Quick-Stir Pitcher).

It's Pampered Chef so you get the quality and warranty you expect along with a cute (but not overstated) polka dot design.

While the Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher is good for those drinks that need stirred often I find it isn't great for other drinks that stay well blended and don't need stirred once they've been made.  The pitcher has a handle on top and it makes it a little tall for many of the spots in our fridge (I've found only 1 place I can put it).  It is dishwasher safe but I find that it takes up so much room that I usually just end up hand washing it.

Fantastic product!

from Ballston Spa, NY

Comments about Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher:

This is a wonderful product, especially for those who like to make powdered juice, such as Cryatal Light or Kool-Aid.  With the handly plunger, there is no need to use a spoon or get your hands sticky.  Just fill with water, dump in the powder and plunge away.  It does a great job of mixing and none of the juice mix ever sticks to the bottom.  This product is the larger of two models that Pampered Chef makes - hence it is call the family-size, which holds up to four quarts.  This is a great size for those with a lots of kids coming over to the house on a warm summer day or for those of you who need to get your daily amount of water intake.  The only negative to this size is that it does get heavy when full.  For those with smaller families or not able to lift heavy items, I would greatly recommend the smaller one quarter size that they also make.   I have had mine for years and it still works great - no discoloration, no broken pieces.

Quick Stir Pitcher from PC

from Shawnee, OK

Comments about Pampered Chef Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher:

I love all Pampered Chef products and this one is no acception.  The Pampered Chef Quick-Stir Pitcher is great for making tea, lemonade, koolaide or anything else.  With the up and down stirrer making mixing nearly effortless I would highly recommend this product.  I am impressed by Pampered Chef and the fact they stand behind their products.  Here's a story to prove it: I received a Large Round Stone from Pampered Chef as a gift and when I opened the box I found it to have a broken handle.  After contacting a local Pampered Chef consultant she quickly submitted my complaint and I received another Large Stone in the mail the following week at no charge with no questions asked. What great customer service.

A couple of things I would point out about this pitcher (and why I only gave it four stars) is be careful washing this pitcher on the bottom drawer in your dish washer.  I have heard one friend say her pitcher warpped from the added heat.  Also the plastic pitcher could break easily if dropped.