Other Baby Gates:
North States
North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard

North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard

• Safety:

Don't listen to overemotional neighbors, safety first!!!

I am sure you will hear from neighbors and family (or you yourself think) that "cages are for birds and hamsters". Well first thing first: this is not a cage; this is a playyard and it is necessary for your kids' safety. You should be careful about how you introduce this product to your baby: there should be favorite toys in there at least in first few tries, you should take her/him immediately when she/he wants out and you should not keep your kid in this all the time (needless to say kids need space to play). If you use this product as you are supposed to (just to have your peace of mind while you are in restroom/bathroom or kitchen where you temporarily have no visual of your kid) it will definitely serve you and your child well. As a matter of fact, if you don't overuse it and just use it when necessary as described above, I am pretty sure your kid will want to go in it and play there himself/herself. That's what happened in our case. And if your kid likes the playyard but you think space is not enough anymore, extension (two more sides to the original hexagon) is available.

An alternative use may be protecting your precious indoor tree (or what have you) from those little fingers, why not...

And again, don't listen to/think about overemotional remarks about playyards being cages. It is for your child's safety and for your piece of mind, use it.

Useful, but bulky to store and not great quality

We purchased this playyard when our daughter was about a year old. We wanted to use it in our living room, to block off her access to our fireplace area. It was fairly easy to set up, but wasn't made of very strong plastic. Some of the panels were bent, and we had a hard time connecting them. When our daughter was older, and we wanted to store the playyard, it didn't disconnect easily, so to store it was a bit bulky. For the price, I expected a little higher quality.

The connecting pieces are fairly sturdy, but the panels are not great. Several were warped out of the box, and made it difficult to set up correctly.

This product was fairly easy to put together, though once it's together, we found it hard to disconnect.

Safety
Worked well for our purpose, which was to build it around a fireplace. We also used the playyard as a "yard" in the grass for our baby to play in. We were not able to use the playyard for very long, as our daughter was able to pull herself up on it and try and climb.

Life saver! Must have for toddlers!!

from Clayton, NC

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Compact
  • Easily Stowed
  • Easy To Use
  • Strong Construction
  • Sturdy

• Crawlers
    • Infants
    • Play Area
    • Play Pen
    • Toddlers

Comments about North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard:

Thank God I found this play yard! I bought 2!!! This was an absolute life saver. I reccomend this to every parent of a baby on the move. Its huge! Easy to break down for travel. Sturdy. Great product!!!

Perfect for a play area

from Fort Campbell

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Lightweight
    • Strong Construction
    • Sturdy

• Crawlers
      • Play Area
      • Toddlers

Comments about North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard:

Perfect for my kids!!! I have this in my den and it keeps all their toys in one area so they can play safely!!

she good

from 123

she good super good

Excellent Play Yard

from Pensacola, FL

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Easy to Assemble
      • Easy to Clean
      • Sturdy Construction
      • Travels Well

Cons

• Bulky
      • Heavy

• Infants
      • Playtime

Comments about North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard:

I used this with my 1st son and it was one of only about 10 items that I didn't re-sell. I still use this with my first son to keep him out of our kitchen area. I am so delighted that it has held up so well over 3 years so that I can use it with baby #2 (coming May 2015). The best feature is that sections can be added or removed in order to accommodate any room. It travels well but is kind of bulky and a little heavy. By the time my son was 1.5 he figured out how to stick his toes in the holes of the panels and climb out. I am really pleased with this purchase. I had another similar play yard by a different company and was happy to re-sell it and see it go. This particular play yard was just so helpful to me that I couldn't part with it. Since I have a larger living room area, I even purchased the extender.

It comes in handy!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard:

We were given this as a gift and didn't think that we would use this much. I was wrong. I ended up watching multiple young toddlers in my home and this came in really handy. When some of them would take naps I would put them on mats and pillows inside of the gates. It allowed me to be able to focus on the other kids without having to check on them every five minutes. This was also great when my kids were babies and I needed to cook dinner. I would put them in it with toys and they stayed entertained. They were having fun while I got done what I needed to do. The other thing that this is good for is outdoors. It's great to be able to sit and relax for a short amount of time while they play with their toys in the grass or on towels. The gate stretched wider than I had thought it would. It's really easy to set up and take down. I like that it's plastic because you can store it in a garage and just wipe it down when you need it. They also used to sell extra pieces for the gate set in case you wanted to make it bigger. It's not really meant for older children. Just babies and toddlers. This lasted us for years and then when my kids grew older it was passed along to my inlaws when they bought a new puppy. It worked great for training a puppy to go on newspaper and sleep in one spot. It wasn't long until it was out of the gate and doing great. This was a handy gate to have on hand!

It held up really well and was pretty strong.

It was easy to put together and take down.

Safety
      As long as the kids are younger it is safe. Older kids could lift this up or try to climb out.

No frills gate

Comments about North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard:

This gate is a great product that is easy to use and doesn't fall over even when my little one pulls up on it. The padding on the bottom makes it no-skid, and it can be adjusted to fit most spaces. I do with it came in a plain white color, and it is also quite heavy to carry the entire set at once, however functionally it is works just fine.

So far the gates are holding up well even though they are a hand-me-down we received from a friend.

It is a little difficult to adjust the gate shape for the middle piece, but not terrible. The height is short enough for me to walk over (I'm 5'4), but tall enough that a toddler probably couldn't climb over unless very determined.

Safety
      Our little one has pulled himself up using the gates many times, and it has never fallen over. The gates are very sturdy. I did worry about the possibility of his fingers getting caught somehow, but this has never been a problem.

• Safety:

When Your Hubby Heards Goats, This Is an Obvious Choice.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard:

Keeping my kids rounded up in one place is like trying to pour water through a sieve. It's frustrating and impossible. The North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard makes life so much easier. Especially for my family. Living on a farm, we're already pretty experienced at hearding animals into fenced yards. My husband is especially proficient at it. Our North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard allows us to apply our valuable goat handling skills to our children. Trust me when I say that once you've mastered babysitting goat kids, human kids are a breeze. Goats, for one, would never remain contained in a playard but the kids seem to think this thing has a magic forcefield or something. The gate opening is convenient for the hearing process too. Rounding them up just requires a small bribe. Once they're in the pen, enjoying their bribe/toy of choice, I'm free to watch from my nearby perch as I cook or clean. It's such a relief knowing the goats, oops I mean "kids", are safe.

Good idea

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard:

I purchased the North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard from Walmart. It helped a lot when my son was about 1 year old. It is very durable but made of some type of grey plastic. It snaps out and snaps back together when you are either trying to shape it or put it away. The snaps sound loud and at first I was worried that I had broken it. The area where it closes is very simple as well. The amount of room it gives for a child to play is quite sufficient. My son had room to roll his ball and do some other things as well. The best thing about the North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard is the safety it provides. I t gave me some peace of mind to know my son wasn't getting into any and everything. It is a really great product that helps keep the baby safe.

• Safety:

Great indoor and outdoor play yard for young children

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard:

I received this play yard and the accompanying extension pack in March 2012, just before my first child was born. We started using this as soon as our son learned out to crawl. We made a square out of the play yard, which is pretty easy to configure into any shape that you would like, and placed it in our living room. We basically would put a few toys inside that he didn't get to use all the time (so the novelty was still there) and would leave him in there for anything from five to thirty minutes to entertain himself while I/my husband cleaned, cooked dinner, etc. The play yard has held up to teeth as well as being shaken strongly (well, as strong as toddler can shake when frustrated!). It still looks brand new. I would definitely suggest the two panel extension if you have room for it in your home - it makes a big difference (18 square feet of space versus 34 square feet). I have struggled to get a panel to open up to use as a gate - which is probably my biggest complaint. However, I'm almost 5'9", so I usually just end up stepping over it to pick up my son. It also folds flat for storage - taking up about 16" linear inches of width, which is nice. We've never used it outside, but I will consider it this summer now that he is older. I would recommend this and purchase it again.

Useful, but bulky to store and not great quality