3.9
Nestle Boost High Protein Complete Nutritional Drink

Nestle Boost High Protein Complete Nutritional Drink

3.9

Boost of Energy

Boost High Protein Nutritional Energy Drink is a well named product, mainly because it does give you a boost of energy. It has a lot of good nutritious ingredients that can come in handy when you don't have time to sit down and eat, or when you need a little extra something to rejuvenate you, between meals.

The only thing about Boost that I really take issue with, is that it simply has too much sugar in it. This is not good for a lot of reasons, one being that the boost it gives you is temporary, with an inevitable crash.

Another reason the high sugar content is counterproductive is that it takes away from any weight loss, or weight maintenance efforts you might have. In other words, if you want to lose weight, or you are worried about possible weight gain, Boost may not be the best meal replacement option for you, nor is it the ideal snack to reach for.

However, if you are one of those blessed people who has a high metabolism, and no diabetic fears, then Boost may be just what you are looking for.

Tastes Great, but too much sugar and no fiber

I was drinking Boost for awhile. It contains 21 Vitamins and minerals, including high amounts of vitamin C, calcium and protein. Three things I was concerned about getting enough of in my diet. I thought it would be a great nutritional supplement as it is hard to always eat right. It is a little pricey, but actually is a little cheaper then some supplements. And it tastes great. The only problem is that I noticed I was always very hungry after drinking a bottle of Boost. I didn't think too much about it at first, but since it kept happening I started to wonder about it. I read the nutritional label on the back of the container and realized that while these drinks contain a decent amount of protein- 14 grams, they contain only 1 gram of fiber. I believe the lack of fiber is why these drinks were leaving me feeling very hungry. The other thing I noticed is that each of these 8 oz bottles contain 23 grams of sugar. That is a lot more sugar than most of the other nutritional supplements that I have tried. So even though I like the taste, I no longer use Boost. I have found other nutritional supplements that give me more fiber and contain less sugar.

Good price for a liquid meal

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Nestle Boost High Protein Complete Nutritional Drink:

I find that among liquid nutrition brands, this one costs less, and tastes quite good One a day for breakfast gives me a pickup that lasts until lunch, and what I like about it is that it has all the vitamins and minerals I need in one convenient drink that replaces meals when I find myself unable to get a regular meal. For example, this is great for camping or a fast meal at work when getting away is impossible. Best of all, I can drink it quickly and it does not leave me with an overly full feeling. I get a satisfied feeling. I maintain my weight effectively if I drink one of these instead of skipping a meal.

Boost of Energy

Tastes Great, but too much sugar and no fiber

Boost your Health

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Nestle Boost High Protein Complete Nutritional Drink:

Boost nutritional drinks are used in my family to sustain for a diet that isn't always the healthiest. Although pricey, the Boost drinks really provide an abundance of vitamins and minerals and make gaining weight more feasible. For those that have issues that pervent them from gaining weight, the drinks work wonderfully.

I love the numerous flavor selections that are available. Most of the time I choose the vanilla, and it is my favorite. But the Dutch Chocolate is also very tasty. The drinks taste great and they are not chalky. They taste like a real milkshake so you feel like you are rewarding yourself rather than drinking something that is good for you.

These drinks are easy to use in a bottle and ready to serve form. They taste great and are easy to use, filled with so much of the good stuff that you really need. If you are not eating right or need an extra boost, these nutritional drinks provide you with what you need.

Great for gaining weight, not so much for energy.

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Nestle Boost High Protein Complete Nutritional Drink:

I love the taste of this, and I didn't understand why - I mean, it's a protein shake, and they usually aren't the greatest - until I looked at the nutritional content. Sugar. That's basically all it is, with some added vitamins and protein powder. It does taste good, but for the price you have to pay I don't see why you wouldn't just drink chocolate milk, which is basically the same thing. You don't really get that many vitamins; it would definitely be better to get them through your regular diet, if possible. If you're looking to gain weight, these are one of the healthier options to help with that, but if you're just looking for a protein shake, I would recommend something else. The price is the other problem I have with it; they're pretty expensive for the little bottles, especially when chocolate milk does the same thing; all you have to do is add a little extra protein powder. Overall, it's an alright product, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Horrible

Comments about Nestle Boost High Protein Complete Nutritional Drink:

This stuff is junk. You might as well drink chocolate milk. Stick to powders from reputable sources for supplementing protein or meal replacement. There are tons and they don't have to cost a fortune. Most will still be cheaper than buying this crap anyway. I mix my powders with milk and they taste better and I get more calories. Use skim milk for less calories.

A Great Health Drink

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

Comments about Nestle Boost High Protein Complete Nutritional Drink:

I bought this product from my 73 year old Mom who on occasion has stomach , throat, bowel and weight loss issues. A nutrition supplement drink was recommended by her doctor and one of her friends as well. I bought it in the chocolate flavor choice. I tasted this product as well and found it to be pretty good. My mother while not impressed so much with the taste , was very pleased with the results she got from drinking it. She said that she felt noticeably better after drinking this product. She says that it's easy on her stomach and does not cause any irritation to her digestive system. She says that indeed gives her a feeling of energy and is great as a meal replacement when she can't eat solid food. She has also substituted this product for breakfast many times. It has not affected her cholesterol in any negative way and if anything has aided in lowering it. I recommend this product for senior citizens.

Great Shake for Morning time

Comments about Nestle Boost High Protein Complete Nutritional Drink:

This Boost shake is one of the best protein/Vitamin shakes out on the market right now. They fulfill your stomach with healthy vitamins, proteins, calcium and other health goodies. I really enjoyed this product because the taste was very good and it ended up lasting me from 6 to 10 am so 4 hours without craving or wanting a snack. Id say that is a good buy.

Great energy drink

Comments about Nestle Boost High Protein Complete Nutritional Drink:

The boost high protein nutritional energy drink is a great way to start your morning or have a pick me up in the afternoon. The chocolate flavor is my favorite; it is rich and flavorful. The boost nutritional drink provides daily vitamins and nutrients in a flavorful drink. They are available in convienant eight ounce cans to quickly grab and go. These energy drinks provide a great serving of vitamins and protein.

One thing I enjoy about this product versus others is that it does not contain a large amount of caffiene and sugar. Therefore it simply gives my body the nutrients that I need to get through a long work day, and it helps provide me with the additional energy without having caffiene.

I would highly recommend trying this product to "boost" your energy in teh moring or the afternoon.

Great for maintaining weight or helping with an illness

Comments about Nestle Boost High Protein Complete Nutritional Drink:

If maintaining weight or eating is a problem due to any reason or illness Boost is a great product that you want. I personally recommend no less than two or more per day. If the loss of weight is due to an illness I recommend as much as the person can drink. Boost comes in different flavors and depending on the persons taste is what they should be drinking. The only down fall to this product is the cost and I personally think that they could come down in price because this is a product that is normally used by someone that needs it very badly. This product comes in plastic 8 oz containers, I have never seen a 24 oz can where I am from and I live about 3 miles from the Wal-Mart warehouse. But over all it is a great product.