3.2
Nabisco
Nabisco - Oreo Cakester

Nabisco - Oreo Cakester

3.2

I think they made homerun here!

I have read the other reviews on Oreo Cakester's and have to disagree on many of them claiming it is too sweet and soft. My wife brought me home a pack today and I rather enjoy them. They are soft like say a Ding Dong and yes they are sweet but I feel they retained the same taste as an Oreo Cookie only in a soft form. **Oreo Cakesters **My wife got me the Chocolate Oreo Cakester and after dinner I indulged myself in them. I found them very soft and sweet just like others have said and claimed they did not like. I also found the outside of the Cakester very much resembled the taste of a normal Orel Cookie. The same taste I have grown to love over the years. Much more texture is there than when you dip your Oreo's in milk in my opinion anyway, as I like to dip until the bubbles stop coming out of the cookie...lol. The creme center is much softer than a normal Oreo and I expected that after finding the outer portion was so soft. There is also a nice contrast to the chocolate flavor on the outside to that of the inside. Although they are both sweet they are a different sweet and work very well together. The outer sweet also has a slight bitter taste that is very pleasant. While the inside is a sweet one would expect from an icing like that on a cake. I look at them as a Chocolate Cake turned inside out in a way. The cake is on the outside, while the icing is on the inside. **Bottom Line **As I said in the beginning I have to disagree that the Oreo Cakester is not an Oreo. It goes against what we perceive an Oreo to be in the same sense that the Original Oreo went against what we then perceived a cookie to be! When the Oreo first made its debut on the scene we were used to home made cookies that were sometimes soft and sometimes hard but they were a one layer cookie that Mom made as a treat. Then we were thrust into packages of cookies with creme fillings and it was now okay that we were eating 2 cookies with a filling in the middle. Welcome to the 00's were we now have an Oreo that is an inside out Cake that comes in a small 2 Cakester package. Although we can no longer dip these new Oreo's, we don't have too as they are already soft and ready to enjoy as we did our very first Oreo's!

My mouth was scared and confused!

Oreos will be the death of me... In fact, I think the cakesters killed part of me already. I was so let down! I love cake... I love oreos... But I felt like I was eating a vending machine snack. It managed to be dry, spongy, and too sweet all at the same time. I'm sticking with the original, Thank you.

Good for junk food cravings

from Utah

Comments about Nabisco - Oreo Cakester:

Someone gave us a box of these as a gift for watching their kids for a few hours. At first glance, I thought that they did not appeal to me very much. They looked like the kind of junk food that was overly sweet and wouldn't taste very good. So I put off trying them for quite awhile. But I had an evening where I was craving some kind of sweet junk food. What I really wanted was a Tastykake, but since they are not often available in our part of the country, I decided to settle for these Oreo Cakesters. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they were far better than I expected. They certainly don't measure up to Tastykakes (nothing does), but I found that they were adequate to satisfy my junk food craving. They are not overly sweet, and they do have a pleasant flavor. However, it is a flavor that I think I would quickly tire of and not enjoy very much if I tried to eat too many. But this can be a good thing, since it allows me to satisfy a junk food craving without overindulging in junk food and being extremely unhealthy.

Stiff stuff

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Nabisco - Oreo Cakester:

Okay, I'll admit it. I am not a huge cake fan. I like it somewhat, like maybe once a year and generally when it's a birthday cake but, every once in a while, I get inspired to try something - usually it is my children who do the inspiring. I can't say that I don't like them. I just don't like them as much as I had expected to. The Oreo Cakester is unique - It clearly has the Oreo Similar taste but a totally different texture. The texture is probably what I actually dislike about them the most. The Cakesters are thick. Not as thick as a cookie but too thick to truly be referred to as a cake. I would say it fits somewhere between an angel food cake and a pound cake. Not as stiff as an angel food cake though. They have a very thick density is what I am trying to say. Maybe to the point of slight sponginess. The cream filling centers are more pleasant than Cookie cream. It is more fluffy but still maintains it's sweetness. The sweetness didn't pose very much of a problem for me though. Mainly because the cream filling was necessary to take some of the edge off the actual thickness of the Oreo Cakesters. Overall, they're pretty good. I wouldn't consider them one of my favorites but I would eat them once in a while and I would buy them as well. I would have to rate them as being just okay.

Cakesters are when Oreos meet Cup Cakes!

Comments about Nabisco - Oreo Cakester:

If ever there was a time when I might choose cake and cream over a COOKIE and cream, it's when I have Oreo Cakesters! Seriously, this is what happens when Nabisco marries Hostess! You get your favorite Oreo cookie made into a CAKE form with a whipped center, but you know they're still OREOS. These Cakesters are in a class by themselves, and if you pair them with a great bowl of soft-serve vanilla ice cream and maybe a bit of chocolate syrup you have one of the best desserts in the universe! If you want a break from America's favorite cookie but still want that cookie experience, TRY these Cakesters!

Delicious treat

Comments about Nabisco - Oreo Cakester:

I thought these would probably be kind of sickly gross, but they're actually amazing. They do taste like they're really bad for you, but they're such a treat. I prefer the vanilla ones which are like yellow cake, I think they taste much better than the chocolate ones.

Leave Oreo's alone!

Comments about Nabisco - Oreo Cakester:

I have to say that people need to just leave Oreo's alone! Oreo's are great just the way they originally are. The Nabisco Oreo Cakesters just take the Oreo one step too far. The problem I have is that the chocolate cake does not taste like the chocolate Oreo cookie at all. The creme in the center tastes great, but not like Oreo cream either. If you want a different product that slightly looks like an Oreo, I recommend this. However, it doesn't taste a thing like the original Oreo!

amazing

Comments about Nabisco - Oreo Cakester:

These things are SO good! They are the classic taste of Oreo, mixed with amazing memories of all hostess junk food I used to bring to school. You don't need the glass of milk alongside because they are moist and delicious. The problem is they are addictive and not so healthy!

A Way To Eat An Oreo as a Mini Cake!

Comments about Nabisco - Oreo Cakester:

Oreo Cakesters are really good. Nabisco did one hell of a job when they invented them. I like that they come two in a pack, it makes it easier to get your sweet tooth tended to while not eating a lot of sweets. The cream on the inside is a thicker cream, it tastes almost identical to the cookie cream in the original Oreo cookies. This is a great snack for a kid's lunch box. The only down fall of the cakester is that the cake part is pretty dry, you'll need a glass of milk when you eat them! The taste however is awesome.

really good...much better than Oreo cookies

Comments about Nabisco - Oreo Cakester:

These things are delicious. They're priced pretty high for the amount you get in a box, so I took off a couple points for that. However they're really good. Other reviewers seem disappointed that they don't taste like Oreo cookies, but for me that's kind of a plus. They taste BETTER than the cookies. The chocolate part tastes like, well chocolate, unlike Oreo cookies which taste too dark and bitter to me. It's more like eating a Little Debbie snack cake in taste and consistency.

Oreo's version of a classic whoopie pie.

Comments about Nabisco - Oreo Cakester:

Oreo Cakester is just okay. The two soft chocolate cakes are bland and spongy, and the creme filling isn't nearly as good as the traditional oreo filling. All in all I wouldn't waste the calories on these treats, and they are calorie heavy believe me.

Pretty good but not like Oreos

Comments about Nabisco - Oreo Cakester:

I love Oreos so I decided to try their Cakesters. They were ok. They were soft, which I like, and chewy. They were really rich but did not taste like traditional Oreos. I dunked mine in milk and ate them that way. They were better like that. I think they are ok once in a while, but I prefer regular Oreo cookies with milk any day!