Other Snacks & Cookies:
Nabisco
Nabisco - Garden Harvest Toasted Chips - Vegetable Medley

Nabisco - Garden Harvest Toasted Chips - Vegetable Medley

Eat a hand full of chips and count it as a daily veggie serving.

I spotted the Nabisco vegetable chips before I even saw any advertising and grabbed a bag. The idea of getting even 1/2 a veg serving with chips sounded like an easy and tasty way to improve my diet and hopefully get my boys eating better junk food.

My pick was vegetable medley. They didn't have the fruit versions out initially. I got to sample those this week with a store display. I told the sample lady that I'd already tried the veggie chips, so I got a little cup with banana chips. Good too. I'll get a bag and check in late on those.

I honestly didn't know what I'd think of these veggie chips. What I think or rice cakes is just not fit for print. Unless they are slathered with something rich and high calorie, those rice cakes are just gross.

The Nabisco vegetable chips were quite impressive. They are thin and crispy and have a very nice flavor. I would give a comparison, but I can't really think of any. You might picture nacho chips with more flavor and more crunch but with a different twang. These are just different - which can be a good thing. I'd say, "Really tasty." And, I'm not always so kind about health food products. I know yuck when I taste it.

In fact, these were so good that I confess and you will see anyway that I ate the whole bag before I managed to take a picture. I had the bag at work which is the main reason, but I did bring them home and then had a hunger attack and polished off the bag before getting a photo. I'll try again soon - promise.

Every ounce I ate was equal to 1/2 serving of vegetables. The only thing there is that the bag only has 6 ounces, so I could eat the whole bag (not a good idea with the calories) and still not get my full day count. I doubt they figured on me trying to get all my vegetables from chips anway, but it is a tasty way to rack up those good food points. Use it on the side to supplement, and you're on the right track.

Also, I would note that 6 oz is not much food. The price is like a bag of chips, so instead of a pound of good old fattening potato chips, you get much less than half of that for the prcie. Ah. We do pay for the good stuff - as in healthy.

Another point I would make is that these do have roughage. You can just forget the Metamucil. Trust me on that. If you have a constipation problem (which I don't), then you might just want to buy a bag of these. If you have an important presentation or a date, I must say I would advise holding off on a veggie chip test drive. That was a bigger problem the first day than after, so I think it took my body a bit to adjust to veggies formulated this way.

I did click on over to the web site. I like to see launch products online. Ick. You have to click to skip the intro. Does anyone really watch those? The links are pretty lame. Free Sample says - SO SORRY. You must try again tomorrow. Then, they want you to give them the email of a friend. Whatever for? I really do not hate or spam my buds. As far as real info, I was lost. I never did find much other than what I mentioned. I sure would not visit the web site again though I do like the chips and will buy them. It's nice to get healthy chips that taste good. It would be nice if Nabisco had a web site that really let these chips shine the way they do.

Not my first choice for a snack

I was a little disaponted in this snack by nabisco. I say them in the store and got very excited. They looked to be a healthy tastey alternat snack. But I have to say the taste left a sad sad me. I thought they where very salty for being a healthy snack. I also thought they were not a very apeasing taste. They left a after taste for hours that no amount of water seemed to resolve. They were a little pricey and do not think they where worth the money. I also think the flavors where a little to narrow. Not really a flavor choice for everyone.  I do not think I will be trying these again anytime soon. Sorry!!

crispy, great in salads, wonderful full flavors, or with cheese

from Barrackville, WV

Comments about Nabisco - Garden Harvest Toasted Chips - Vegetable Medley:

I like these with my salads, I throw in the cut up vegetables and some shredded cheese and like these for the crunch, they have salt on them so I dont add any, good for my diabetic/sugar levels. I like the shape and I have recomemded them to family,

Great taste

from Hagerstown, MD

Comments about Nabisco - Garden Harvest Toasted Chips - Vegetable Medley:

Where we live we found these at a discount store for half the price of the regular stores. these are tasty and very good. they are a great way to get your veg. and have a snack too.i would feel fine to send them with our kids for there lunch. The price can be high but if you look for it you can find a deal but you will have look

GREAT TASTE

from Long Beach, CA

Comments about Nabisco - Garden Harvest Toasted Chips - Vegetable Medley:

FIRST I WANT TO SAY THAT I LOVE THESE SO MUCH. AT FIRST I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE NASTY BUT  WHEN I  TIRED THEM THEY BLEW MY MIND. I EVEN GOT MY 5 YEAR OLD SON TO EAT THEM AND HE IS NOT A BIG FAN OF VEGGIES THAT MUCH. HE IS ALWAYS ASKING EM TO BUY MORE SO HE CAN HAVE THEM. I CHOOSE THESE OVER CHIPS ANY DAY AND PLUS YOU GET A SERVING OF VEGGIES INT EH CHIPS SO YOU CAN NOT BEAT THAT AND A GREAT WAY TO SNEAK MORE VEGGIES INTO KIDS. TRUST ME TRY THEM AND YOU WILL LIKE THEM TOO

Good for you chips

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Nabisco - Garden Harvest Toasted Chips - Vegetable Medley:

If you love to snack on potato chips but are looking for a healthier snack, these are a great chip variety for you.  I love the taste of herbs and veggies in every bite, and the chips are not only crispy, but flavorful too.  This is a great way to snack right because they are low in calories and taste great.  They also come in a fruity variety, but I prefer the veggie kind and they go great with dip.

Husband eats them, don't tell him; they are good for him.

from Howell, MI

Comments about Nabisco - Garden Harvest Toasted Chips - Vegetable Medley:

I tried all the flavors, but banana. I bought the 2 vegetable kinds. they were on sale. I liked them all, but prefered the vetetable medley. My husband and son liked the tomato basil best.They did not get to try the fruit kind. The apple cinnimon was very sweet. I could see using it in recipies. This is a good way to add vegetables in snacks. I didn't have any left to try on the grandkids, to see if they would eat them instead of chips.

great snack without the guilt

from North Hollywood, CA

Comments about Nabisco - Garden Harvest Toasted Chips - Vegetable Medley:

I love these "chips". I have adjusted my eating habits recently to include only whole grains or whole wheat and I am a big chip lover.

When I first got these "chips" a few months ago I was having a snack attack and grabbed them even though I thought they were going to be horrible.

Once I got home and opened the bag, (I got the vegetable medly) the smell wafted out of the bag and I was like "hmm...these might just be good". I read the serving suggestion which is 16 chips...plenty for a snack.

Bit the first one and was totally taken aback; I loved them! Since I first tried the vegetable version I have told everyone about them. Anyone that comes over to my house I have them try them.

There are only two downfalls I find with these chips. 1) a little too pricy for the amount of servings in the bag...definitely NOT for a party; and 2) I wish they came in single serving packages---easier to take the right serving with you for a mid-day snack.

If you have the opportunity try these!

yummy and tangy and crunchy and yummy

from Hartford City, IN

Comments about Nabisco - Garden Harvest Toasted Chips - Vegetable Medley:

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the package (after wolfing down 2 handfuls) that I had just eaten a serving of vegetables!!!!  These yummy snacks were found in the 'snack drawer' at the office and since my lunch break seemed hours away I decided to check them out.  They were really quite tasty!  Just the right amount of spice and in bit size pieces so the boss wouldn't catch me eating.  I will definitely be the next person to fill the snack drawer as now I must get a bag to replace whoever's bag I've been snacking on!!!

Good tasting and better for you

from Marlton, NJ

Comments about Nabisco - Garden Harvest Toasted Chips - Vegetable Medley:

One day I saw these chips when shopping in the grocery store. I never heard of them but they were on sale so I decided to buy a bag. I bought the Vegetable Medley flavor and was very impressed. They had a very tasty taste to them and I definitely enjoyed eatting them. I also bought the banana chips but didn't like them at all. However, I am not a big banana eater though.

Definitely good for those who are watching their weight.

Not my first choice for a snack

from Orange City, FL

Good & Crunchy

from Cypress, CA

Comments about Nabisco - Garden Harvest Toasted Chips - Vegetable Medley:

I liked these chips. I bought them at big lots so the price was reasonable. The only drawback is my child did not like them at all, so I guess I will have to find another way to get her veggies in her.