4.8
Motrin
Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry or Bubblegum Flavor

Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry or Bubblegum Flavor

4.8

Excellent for children's pain and fever

As a parent there is nothing worse that seeing your child in pain, and fevers are scary too. My oldest is 21 and my youngest is 3 so I have been dealing with fevers and pain for a long time, and not much works better than **Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry Flavor. **

**Motrin Children's Oral Suspension**: "Relieves minor aches and pains due to the common cold, flu, sore throat, headache and toothache." Reduces fever.

It is important to follow the dosage instructions on the bottle, but my doctor gave me a handy chart with dosage amounts for both Motrin and Tylenol products of different varieties that I hang up in the medicine cabinet so I can easily check dosages before I administer them.

**Dosage amounts for Motrin Children's Oral Suspension** (only!)

Weight (lbs) Age (years) Dose (tsp or mL) Under 2 years Ask a doctor24-35 lbs 2-3 years 1 tsp or 5 mL36-47 lbs 4-5 years 1½ tsp or 7.5 mL48-59 lbs 6-8 years 2 tsp or 10 mL60-71 lbs 9-10 years 2½ tsp or 12.5 mL72-95 lbs 11 years 3 tsp or 15 mL

I have used **Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry Flavor** for:

- teething pain

- fevers

- immunization pain

In each instance **Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry Flavor** provides long lasting relief.  I like that I only need to give her one dose every 8 hours and that I can alternate with Children's Tylenol if necessary to handle fevers without any complications. The store brands are a little less expensive than the Motrin brand, but in this case I have found that the name brand really is better.

So when my children are suffering from pain due to illness or immunizations, ,Motrin is definitely a product I can trust.  My general rule is Motrin for pain, Tylenol for fevers, but since my children prefer the taste of Motrin, I use it for fevers too - whatever it takes to get them to take the medicine and reduce the fever fast works for me! Kid tested, mother approved and doctor recommend

**Warnings and notes about Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry Flavor**

Consult a doctor before using Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry Flavor

Take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs

This product contains sodium:

Allergy alert:Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:hivesfacial swellingasthma (wheezing)shockskin reddeningrashblistersIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.

I use this when my kids have a low grade fever

Between children's Motrin, Tylenol and Advil my kids love Motrin the best. They like the way it tastes. But as a parent that sometimes isn't such a good thing. As the old saying goes "the more horrible the taste, the better it works". We do, however, use Motrin for simple low grade fevers or headaches. When my kids are feeling "yucky" because they are going through a growth spurt or have new teeth coming in, I always give them a little and it takes the pain or fever away. But one trick most mommies know is to switch out the medicines. For example, you give Motrin the first time, Advil the second and Tylenol the third. I didn't know that at one point and would only give them Motrin (we didn't have Tylenol or Advil) and it stopped "working". But once I learned that little trick, it seemed like the Motrin "worked" again. It's not a "BAD" medicine that doesn't work, but just an average for smaller "tasks"...exactly what it was made for.

A great Children's medicine to have at home!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry or Bubblegum Flavor:

I really like the Motrin Children's medicine. I have to say that my kids had a lot easier time taking the Berry flavored medicine than the other flavored medicines out there. They were gagging down the other medicine, but this one wasn't much of a problem at all. They would actually ask for more. The measuring cup that comes with it is great for measuring and drinking out of as well. When my kids were sick this really seemed to help. It has helped us with cold and flu, throat and body aches and for fever. I would use this again. It also seems to kick in a decent amount of time for medicine. It helped them get better when they were sick. I also like how long it lasts. It's nice knowing that I can give them medicine that will help for a good amount of time. If you have children then this is a great medicine to have at home. I keep a bottle of this in my cupboard and it has come in handy many times. I would definitely use it again.

great to keep on hand for your kids

Comments about Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry or Bubblegum Flavor:

I am a mom of four kids, and we have to keep this on hand at all times. You never know if one of them is going to bring home some sick germs from school, or if they are going to fall and hurt themselves. I always keep a bottle of this in my medicine cabinet. My kids love the bubblegum flavor, but not the berry flavor.

One of my boys has a tendency to get fevers a lot, with no other symptoms. So, we give him some Motrin and it takes care of the fever so he can get up and play again. It only lasts about 4-5 hours before we have to give another dose, but it really helps bring those fevers under control.

Two of my other children have had to have several surgeries each, and once the doctor okays the Motrin, we use it to help with the pain, and swelling, and fever that accompanies a lot of surgeries.

I like that this has an easy to understand dosing graph, and the package always comes with a new syringe to help get the correct dose each time. Easy to use, and easy to administer.

Reduces fever fast

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry or Bubblegum Flavor:

I have used this product for many years with my 2 daughters. My oldest daughter would develop high fevers as a toddler and would not have any other symptoms. The fevers would just spike for no reason. We tried using other brands, and always came back to Motrin. It controlled her fever very quickly and never upset her stomach. My pediatrician recommended using this and even uses it in his office. I gave up even thinking about using other brands, and this is all that I have at my house. My younger daughter struggled with pain when her teeth were coming in and this always helped her sleep and controlled the pain at night. I use this sparingly and only when needed, however it has always given my children relief from fevers and pain. I think this product is amazing and I would not even think of using or buying anything else. As an adult, I use the adult formula when needed as well.

Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry is our brand of choice.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry or Bubblegum Flavor:

Motrin children's Oral Suspension Berry has been the fever reducer of choice in my home for years. Of course the first time we had to purchase it was recommended by a emergency room doctor for my daughter. He recommended I give it to her as a fever reducer and for pain. This fever reducer/pain reliever broke my daughters fever and was highly effective in doing what it is supposed to do. Over the years we have had to revisit the medicine isle for some Motrin. My daughter loves the berry flavor and she is able to take it with no problems. The liquid is a lot easier to consume for her rather than a capsule or pill. In the past we have tried other brands but none have impressed me as much as Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry flavor. When my daughter had strep throat and couldn't hardly swallow because of the sore throat, Motrin eased the pain and she was able to eat something. This medicine is easily accessible, it can be found in any drug store or super market. It is a little higher in price than the other brands but it is sure to get the job done.

Good Stuff

Comments about Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry or Bubblegum Flavor:

This stuff tastes really good so most children don't have any problem taking it. I have two small boys that use this. They never say no to it! And the best part is it works just like its supposed to. I have been dealing with fevers for a long time as i have three children, and this is the first and best way to treat their fevers and help feel better.

Has my child running around in no time

Comments about Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry or Bubblegum Flavor:

Childrens liquid Motrin is such a wonder medicine. I tried this when my son was a baby and it's the only medicine I will use. We have tried Tylenol and other pain relievers and noting works like Motrin. My son was a ver active child so when he got sick everyone could tell. He wouldn't be as energetic as we all knew. But I would give him just one dose and within 30 minutes he was back to his lively self. The only thing that worries me is it seems that Motrin has a a few more recalls then I would like . I watch them very closely . But I think Motrin has been a life saver in my house hold

Motrin Children's Oral Suspension

Comments about Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry or Bubblegum Flavor:

You know when your kids are ill, their temperature is too high and you're praying for a miracle. To me, Motrin's Children's Oral Suspension is a miracle in liquid form. Whenever I have taken my kids to the doctors this is the one brand of pain reliever/fever reducer which is consistently recommended, and for good reason. In a nutshell this medicine helps them 'feel' better whilst they 'get' better. The active ingredient is of course 100 mg Ibuprofen which is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. I realize that the Pediatricians say Motrin can be somewhat harsher on the kids tummies so if they're feeling a little unsettled it's best to wait. I have made the mistake of giving it anyway and my timing was not good. My son vomited within 20 minutes of taking it. Thankfully, it comes in some very agreeable flavors, notably bubblegum which I never have a problem 'selling' to my kids. In short Motrin is one of the best God-sends on the planet!

Great taste and relieves pain fast

Comments about Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry or Bubblegum Flavor:

I give motrin to my son to reduce his fevers and it is very fast acting. I also give my son a dose of this before he gets his shots and he is completely fine the whole time. He doesn't have any aftermath side effects or anything! I recommend it for anyone with children. It helps a lot!!

Works good

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Motrin Children's Oral Suspension Berry or Bubblegum Flavor:

*This medicine is awesome.I will takea fever or shot pain away within 20 minutes. My kids are super picky on taking meds but with this one they aren't. I guess it tastes pretty good. You do get a good value for this as well.A lot of doctors will give you this as a sample to if you would like to try it. One plus is instead of every 4=6 hrs it lasts for 8*

I use this when my kids have a low grade fever