Other Smartphones:

Motorola DROID Smartphone

Pros

Cons

Great, besides battery

I've had my Droid 4 for 6 months or so, and for the most part, I am happy with it. Despite everyone I know trying to convince me that keyboards are going to be obsolete and that I should get one without, I went with my gut anyway. I upgraded from a Droid 2, so I was used tot he keyboard. When you use your phone for emailing and extensive texting, a physical keyboard is a must, and there aren't many options. The keyboard itself is easy to use, and I rarely mistype. The dedicated number keys are a great improvement over the 2. The screen is large, but not too large that it doesn't fit in my pocket. The camera works very well in outdoor settings, and mildly well in low light. It is rather slow, though. Overall it is a great phone for internet users, however it has a major flaw. The battery. No matter your usage, you will have to charge it every single night. You might think that with 75% battery left, you can make it another day. By the next morning, the phone will have shut off from a dead battery. When used heavily, I have had to charge the battery 3 times a day!!! If you are not near a charger, this could be a major downfall. The battery is internal, so you can't even have a spare charged battery ready. Furthermore, despite the atrocious battery, I would still have bought it again if I had the choice. Thankfully, I am generally always near an outlet, so I can slightly overlook the minibattery.

Battery Life
The Droid 4 has to charge every single day. Even with light use. Battery is internal, so there is no escape from it.

Excellent.

Call Quality
On Verizon's network, no problems with dropped calls or static.

Keyboard makes it a breeze.

Very durable when in a case. I am prone to dropping, so mine has been in a hard rubberized case from day one. It has been dropped numerous times, and only the case gets scratched!

One of the few major brands with a full keyboard. Any bigger and it would be too big, but I think the size is okay. Soft buttons on the front are a nice touch.

Wouldn't buy again...

I would not buy this phone again because after only having it 6 months it started freezing and the screen started acting up. It would randomly start selecting items on my home screen and opening and closing them. Other times it will not respond when using touch screen. I also had an issue here recently where it deleted all my pictures and music..then about a day later it was all back. Not sure how this happens. Have never been a fan of Motorola and will not buy another. I'm going back to LG asap!

Battery Life
Have had phone for little over a year and battery will die after using wi-fi or gps very quickly.

Clear screen and takes good pictures

Call Quality
Have never had a problem with hearing someone or them hearing me.

It is easy to use but I wasn't happy when it decided to update. It took features I liked off and added new things I did not like

I really enjoy having the keyboard, Main reason I got this phone. The keyboard is nice to use when texting in a hurry.

Excellent phone

Comments about Motorola DROID Smartphone:

I can't give it a 10 because of the battery life issue, but most other features of this phone are excellent.

Battery Life
I have to charge the phone several times if I am using the net. Forget any games on it, they suck the life right out of the battery. But it does charge quickly, so that's a plus!

Display/Screen Quality
Clear crisp picture, whether on the net or texting.

Call Quality
I don't know if it is my location or what, but this and all my other droid phones aren't the clearest sounding phones.

Very simple features, nothing complicated about this phone. I traded in a Droid2 for the Droid4 and did not have to learn anything "new" to use it, even though it came with better features.

It's been dropped several times, but as long as it's in a case, haven't had a problem.

Not the smallest phone they offer since it has the qwerty keys, but slim enough for a pocket if need be. I actually like having some weight to my phones to keep a tighter grip on them.

• Call Quality:

The best phone i have ever had

Comments about Motorola DROID Smartphone:

I got this a couple years ago and it has not broken once. Not one time. It is so sleek and fast. I love the camera in the front so I can skype my friends. The touch screen along with the keyboard is perfection. Communicating with my friends as never been so easy. The only reason I did not give it a 10 is because the battery life is quite low. I have to charge my phone about twice a day. Other than that, it is an amazing phone and worth the low battery life.

Battery Life
I charge my phone twice a day and it lasts pretty long if I don't use any data or internet.

Display/Screen Quality
I love the larger screen and the display is so vivid and high tech.

Call Quality
I have never had a dropped call the entire time i have had this phone. I am so blessed.

It takes a little bit of time to figure out but once you do its so easy to navigate. Its just like using a computer.

I have dropped my phone so many times and it hasn't broken or cracked once. I've had no problems at all after 2 years.

AWESOME!

Comments about Motorola DROID Smartphone:

I LOVE this phone! I can do everything I need on this phone! I haven't even used all of the available features! I really like the Smart Actions that allow me to disable notifications while in a meeting or asleep. It also syncs with the Bluetooth in my car and will send a text message to anyone that texts me with whatever message I choose if I want!

Battery Life
Overall the battery life is decent unless I use the phone a lot. If I use the phone continually I have to recharge after 6-7 hours. With the right charger it is recharged within an hour or so.

Display/Screen Quality
The display is crisp and clear (depending on the app and the graphics quality). The brightness can be adjusted to whatever you prefer.

Call Quality
Even living in a metropolitan area with 4G coverage I find that there seems to be a little bit of cutting out. It seems to be worse when it is cell to cell rather than cell to landline.

The phone is very easy to use. You can access the Help Center if you have any questions on how to do something. But everything is pretty straight-forward.

I've dropped this phone a couple of times and thought for sure it was a goner - but nope! I DO tend to be gentle with phones however. I keep it in my pocket with my car keys and have only gotten one small scratch on the screen but it is hardly noticeable during use.

I am a big fan of QWERTY phones - I hate using the on-screen keypad as I find it hard to type fast. The front and back facing camera is extremely handy and high resolution. The video resolution and audio quality is also unbelievable. I LOVE this phone!

Easy to Use

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Motorola DROID Smartphone:

I have yet to see a smart phone I like better.

Battery Life
Better than many. No worse than most.

I find this very easy to use with great video tutorials for the novice and plenty for the saavy as well.

While the keyboard may make this a little bulkier than those without, I wouldn't trade it. I watch others struggling to fit their fingers on the keypad while I can easily - and accurately! - type full emails with no problems or annoying abbreviations. I use this as a mini-computer.

Wouldn't buy again...

Clear screen and takes good pictures

Call Quality
Have never had a problem with hearing someone or them hearing me.

• Call Quality:

Best smartphone with a keyboard!

from North Canton, OH

Comments about Motorola DROID Smartphone:

I love this phone, and while i know people who have had a lot of issues with this phone, mine has been there for me since day one. I got it when it was the newest thing on the market and now with my updating coming, i don't know if i'm just going to stick with it or go ahead a "keep up with the times" This phone does such a good job keeping up on the updates and having all the latest software. The keyboard and screen both work great even after 2 years of dropping, throwing, and other normal ware that happens to a cell phone. The sensors all still work and downloading is just as fast as it was on day one. I would recommend this phone to anyone who is dependent upon having a slide out keyboard. :)

Battery Life
It does come with a battery saver, if you set it up right away things will work a lot smoother. I run my phone for 6+ hours a day playing music, when i get out of work, my phone is usually good for a few more hours before dying. Not too bad at all.

• Call Quality:

Fantastic for a phone with a keyboard

Comments about Motorola DROID Smartphone:

I Loved the phone except for the Motorola overlay....."motocast". The keyboard was the perfect size, the buttons easy to press, and I managed to find a case that protected it well.

I dropped the phone a few times before I managed to get a case, and it survived!

• Call Quality:

beautiful phone, with great features.

Comments about Motorola DROID Smartphone:

I love this phone so much, it is dependable. The fact that it has a slide out keyboard AND a touch screen make this the best phone .Personally I use the keyboard more than anything. It definitely makes typing for me allot easier than the touch keyboards. t comes to apps that come on the phone like battery extender all the options of placement for favorite apps vs ones you hardly use . Motocast for my music is alright but I prefer to use the simple my music section. Honestly I am not a very technologically savvy person so it took me a while to figure out how to get music from my computer onto the phone. There isn't really any clear directions.I eventually I just had to google it but got there. The sound on this phone is wonderful, and the 4g very reliable. Quick. This phone is highly recommended by me, no problems with it and plan to have it for a long while. Hopefully this review will help others and I know that whoever gets it will surely be happy with it.

• Call Quality:

Pretty good, but not the very best

from Bedford, TX

Comments about Motorola DROID Smartphone:

The Motorola DROID 4 is one of the few remaining smartphones that has a slide-out keyboard. If that's something you like, this is quite possibly the best phone out there for you right now. If you don't mind losing that feature, there are better options. The display on the DROID 4 is quite nice, though not as large as some newer phones. The controls are well-placed. My biggest complaints about the phone are battery life and the occasional freeze-up. The battery life seems to really fall off once the battery reaches about 50% (the last 50% gets used up much faster than the first 50% did). And every now and then, the phone just won't respond. In my experience, this has usually been when someone is trying to call me. I can't get the phone to wake up and respond in time to answer the call. Depending on who's calling, this can become quite frustrating. It may be due to the number and nature of apps I have running, so I am not comfortable placing all the blame on the phone itself. But I'm not willing to wipe the phone and reset it to factory condition just to find out.

Battery Life
As I stated in the overall comments, the battery seems to discharge faster as it gets below 50% charge.

Gorilla Glass on the front. I've used screen protectors before, but this one is my first to "go commando" and I have yet to regret that decision. Truthfully, on other phones where I used screen protectors, it was always the case that got dinged up, never the screen.

Great Phone!

Comments about Motorola DROID Smartphone:

I have had this phone for a few months now and I really like it. I had an IPhone 4S and was concerned about going to an Android but this is a great phone. The only issue I have had is that if you play games or listen to music on it, you will have to charge it more often then once a day.