Other Kitchen Home Improvements:
Faucets, Kitchen
Moen

I was happy with this faucet at first

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Moen Anabelle Mediterranean Brushed Bronze One-Handle High Arc Pulldown Kitchen Faucet:

I was happy to purchase this faucet at our local lowe's store. We thought it would look great with our new Granite that we were going to put in. We had the faucet for about a year and a few things occured when we had it. I noticed that the spout would leak sometimes when the hose was pulled out on it. If you moved it a certain way it would fix it but then it was back to spraying and leaking before too long. Just a few weeks ago the whole spout broke off of it we had water spraying everywhere in our kitchen. I was really angry because the faucet was not cheap. So we called moen and they said they would not be able to get the part to us for several weeks. We finally get the part and they had sent the wrong item. So we had to call them back and finally they sent the correct replacement part. It was not working for about a month or so which was really difficult with it being in the kitchen and all.

You may want to think before you buy this. It looks really nice but you may have the same problem I did. In that case it really is a bother to have to deal with.

The best faucet EVER!

from Loveland, OH

I love this faucet!!! My husband and I redid our kitchen about 6 months ago.  We put in granite countertops, stainless appliances and new light under the cabinets.  When it came to the faucet there was no way I was going to settle for a faucet that I didn't love.  I must have looked at over 100 faucet types and styles.  I knew I wanted a single faucet with a seperate soap dispenser.  Afer looking online I stumbled on the Moen Anabelle.  I ordered the faucet and had it installed.  I love the single neck look and the handle on the side to turn the watter off and on.  the pull out hose is long and very easy to use.  The spray water button works with just the slightest touch.  I know this faucet is somewhat expensive but I think it was worth every penny!

Great quality for the amount paid

from Tucson, AZ

Moen Anabelle has the best quality of its kind and it is very affordable, too. It is worth paying for it. You are not risking anything when you buy this product, you are just making a favor for you and your family.

Gorgeous and functional

from Olivehurst, CA

We love the Moen Anabelle faucet! After buying a new home, that was a foreclosure home (having all of the faucets and other hardware gutted out), we bought the Moen Anabelle faucet and we are so glad we did.  It's gorgeous to look at, very modern, the prayer hose is SUCH a great help around the kitchen. The only downside to the faucet is that it is pretty difficult to find other hardware that matches exactly to the color, though I LOVE the color, and it's worth it. It's super easy to use, even for our toddler son.  I get so many comments on it from visitors, it definitely has become the centerpiece of the kitchen.

It doesn't always stay put and sometimes leaks, no matter what.

from Checotah, OK

This is a beautiful faucet.  It's too bad the contraption that holds the magnet that makes it stay in place isn't secure enough for my taste.  If I have to replace it soon I will definitely not get this model.  It was, however, easy to install.  It seems that no matter how tight you have it, there is still a bit of dripping from that part that holds the sprayer.

Excellent choice for modern kitchens.

from Scranton, PA

The Anabelle oil-rubbed bronze single-handle kitchen faucet with pull-down spray, by Moen is an extremely good buy.  We have had other Moen faucets that did not live up to the Moen name. However, this one definitively does.  It gives versatility to the kitchen as well as designer streamlined look.  Everyone that sees it comments to the style and ease of use.  It is perfect for the home cook that needs the extra space to fill a large stock pot ... or to scrub that stock pot.

It has ample space and slides to either side to stay out of the way when necessary.  On the flip side, I have filled my steam cleaner without the need of lifting it to the counter level as the sprayer has more than two feet of hose when it is extended.  Unfortunately I did not design the kitchen or I would have had my sink closer to the stove as well, so that I could have had the pot on the stove before filling it as well. The downside is that if you have items under the sink, the hose can get caught on items underneath.  Having this happen too many times can cause the hose to not fully retrieve itself and may leave about 1/2 to 1 inch of hose exposed when not in use over time.  I think this is a spring issue or it can be the fact that I had children who may have pulled too hard on the hose one time or another.  I didn't notice this until after the third year of use.

As for the look and style of the product, the Anabelle is made of oil-rubbed bronze.  It has a distressed look, yet clean and desirable. If you have a Mediterranean look to your kitchen it will fit beautifully as that is one of the descriptions the manufacturer has listed... 'Mediterranean Bronze finish'.  I call it black/copper edged in color.  Then again, I will over-simplify it to get my point across.   My kitchen was white counter-tops and sink with oak cabinetry that had silver hardware - obviously the handles were changed when I changed the faucet so they would match.  I also used deep greens and ivy as decor.  This faucet fit nicely.  A Spanish or Parisian theme would also work well with this faucet.

As for the green people out there, don't fret.  This Moen is eco-friendly too.  It has an eco-performance spray and aerated stream that uses up to 32% less water, than the average spray faucets.  This does not affect the quality of spray level in the least.  It also has a three level adjustable level spray.  An eco-performance aerated stream, eco-performance spray and full stream as well as a spray shut off.  That comes in handy when children are in the kitchen.

One does not need to be an expert plumber to install this product either.  It is manufactured with the 'Hydrolock® quick connect system' for easy installation.  Simplified... if you can read the instructions - and yes they come in several languages, then you can install this faucet with basic household tools.  No degree required.  No years of plumbing experience required.

Bottom line:

Pros:

designer styling, ease of use, versatility, modern appeal, moderately priced, quality Moen

Cons:  I have not found any other color of this item, the hose can become entangled in items below the sink, the hose may not fully retract after multiple use (three plus years) but only 1/2 to 1 inch does not retract