Other Soil & Fertilizers:
Miracle-Gro Potting Soil

Miracle-Gro Potting Soil

Pros

Cons

They're not lying, this stuff WORKS!

Stop wasting your money on "cheap" potting soil.  Don't do it anymore!  Spend a little extra on Miracle Gro and I PROMISE you will see amazing results!  Read complete review

This product works exactly like they say it will.  They're not exaggerating for the commercials, you really will see your flowers and/or vegetables bloom close to double in size.  Just open up a bag of Miracle Gro potting soil and you can SEE the difference!  It's not just a solid black pile of dirt you're looking at.  The white stuff mixed in there with the dirt is actually Miracle Gro Plant Food, and it is what helps Miracle Gro work so well.  And it's not even really dirt that you see, it's a blend of composted bark fines, Canadian sphagnum peat moss, horticultural-grade perlite and a wetting agent.   Sounds better than what you're using, huh?

I use Miracle Gro potting soil for potted plants, and also when I'm doing actually gardening in the yard.  I use it in place of top soil in small areas, like my flower beds.  And I use it for larger projects like filling in the dirt when I dig up for my rose bushes.  It makes such a big difference.  I wouldn't dream of using anything else.  I've also used it for my tomato and pepper plants that I grow in the summer.  I get twice the produce that I would get otherwise.  Think of the money I save at the grocery store!  Cha-ching.

I usually buy a ten pound bag and just keep what I don't use in the shed.  It saves well, and doesn't dry out.  Most of the bags have a ziploc closure to help lock in moisture in the soil, which I think is a pretty handy thing to have.  I'm always resoiling, or repotting my plants so it's convenient to have it there when I need it.

So, the next time you have a gardening project, buy yourself some Miracle Gro!  You'll be so glad you did.

Scotts Miracle-Gro Potting Soil isn't the product it used to be.

I have purchased Scotts Miracle Grow Potting Soil for the past 35 years for house plants, seed starts, and garden seedlings.  I no longer use it to start seeds because for the past 3 years I've had problems with fungus gnats and damping off.  I thought it was because I tried to save money and bought a cheaper potting soil, but when I went back to Miracle Grow the problem continued.   I sterilized all my seed starting supplies and I've switched to a non-soil based plant starting mix which seemed to solve the problem.  The other problem I am encountering with Miracle Grow is that it has more sticks and soil debris in the bags now.  It used to have a beautiful consistency--moist and even with almost no trash.  Now every year the debris makes up a little more of the bag, and I'm paying for trash I cannot use.  I still buy the product because it's better than anything else on the market, but I'm increasingly disappointed with the quality.

Helps potted plants

from Utah

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Soil:

We have several pots of flowers, a wheelbarrow for flowers, and potted tomatoes that we need potting soil for. We like to use this Miracle-Gro potting soil because it gives added nutrition for our plants. It is generally pretty soft and easy to work with, and it seems to carry a bit of moisture in a sealed bag. It's easy enough to pour or scoop out of the bag, but it is best to use an entire bag at once. It can be irritating to try to open a small hole that can be closed again when trying to save some for later. Generally one bag will be enough for our six to eight potted plants for the year. We usually get a new bag each year to start fresh, but occasionally we have left the old potting soil in the pots from the year before. When we reused it a second year, it seemed to work pretty well. The new plants took a little bit longer to get started, but they did turn out quite nicely by the end of the growing season.

Miracle Grow Moisture Control Potting mix out did itself

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Soil:

I tried to grow a garden last year but got frustrated because the deer and Rabbits kept eating my plants. This year I have a new job and was able to plant a garden on the roof of an office building. I used the above product and followed the instructions. The bag said to feed with miracle grow on a regular basis even though it was to feed for three months. I bought a container of the granules which said to feed once every one to two weeks. I feed every Sunday. My plants are thriving. My squash blossoms are huge. My tomatoes were slow in starting but have really taken off. My watermelon are producing so many that I will have to can this year. I bought 8 big bags which was enough to fill eleven plant troughs with a quarter of a bag left over.

Very poor product for me.

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Soil:

I think quality control was absent when my 3 bags of potting soil were put up. There is an excess of woody material, tremendous amount of weeds growing, and stones. The worst part though is the plants are not thriving and some are dying. A Poor choice!

Great!

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Soil:

Well worth the price. No more adding this and that to your potting soil, it is all there. I have used this soil for my patio garden, flowers and herbs. Found the results were great, flower blooms more and brighter and veggies-well great producing. Also, soil does not dry out or clump right out of bag, most potting soils contain sticks and other by products.

Gives amazing results

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Soil:

This is one of the best potting soil I have found by far. Plans do really well in it. The best thing about this is MiracleGro products are consistent. It has a consitent quality. My garden looks great. I have never had a problem with it ever. Its easy to manage bags. It helps fee plants. The only negative point is that its slightly expensive. But then it definetly worth all the price you pay. I dont get weeds from this soil at all. It does not dry out. It greatly holds water and you see the plants growing really fast. Its a good value for money. My family and all our neighbors love our garden. It has gorwn beautifully. Thanks to Miracle grow. Its a great dirt!

Miracle-Gro Potting Soil is really a miracle!

from Dayton, OR

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Soil:

I loved the Miracle-Gro All purpose plant food, so I wanted to try this! I was not dissapointed. I mixed this with the soil I use in my garden and this last year my plants tripled in size. I got so many tomatoes and so many zuchini I had to give them away!

All my friends asked me how I do it, they all think I am a master gardener. Well my secret is Miracle-Gro Potting Soil. :) I tell everyone who wants to grow a giant garden! It really does work and makes my plants super happy and produces so much more then I actually need.

Not only does it work great in the garden but it works wonders on house plants! THe house plants I used it on are huge, I have an Orange tree and a Palm tree that just look amazing! Try this if your plants are lackluster or seeming to not thrive as well as before, not only will they grow like weeds but you dont have to feed them for three months! So you save money that way as well. Try this and you will not regret it!

mildewey soil

from Jordanville, NY

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Soil:

I was looking for a potting soil recommended to me by my brother-in-law and couldnt find it. I saw the Miricle Grow soil was on sale, being anxious I bought it. Thinking the miricale grow would be good knowing the reputation. A few days after I planted my seeds the mildew or mold appeared on the tops of the pots. Today i was putting the last of the bag in a bucket and saw mildew in the moist areas of the soil. I will by the soil recommened to me next year. I saw some postings on the net that recommended sterilizing the soil. I thought with miracle grow that wouldnt be a problem.

Miracle Grow Potting Soil truly is a miracle! Gigantic galore!

from Taunton, MA

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Soil:

I start my seeds in January indoors with Miracle Grow Potting Soil because it seems to help my plants germinate and root better. When I transplant to my garden in late Spring, I have no fear of my vegetables growing! I have been using Miracle Grow Potting Soil for 4 years and could never live without it again!

Than was great~!

from Potsdam, NY

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Soil:

Go Go GO!That was really great and i like it soooooooooo much~!  Welcome to Viewpoints Thanks for joining Viewpoints-the site dedicated to unbiased reviews from real people.

For your records, here's your login info:

To help you get started in the community, we recommend that you:

Miracle is an understatement

from Avon, CT

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Soil:

I never start my garden without adding Miracle Gro Potting soil before anything is planted. I have learned the hard way that I first need great soil for my plants to grow. Miracle Gro is the best soil that gets the job done every year without fail.