3.3
Bottom-Freezer Refrigerators
Maytag
MBF2258XEW
Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator

Summary

Maytag MBF2258XEW 21.9 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator with 5 Adjustable Spill-Catcher Glass Shelves, Ice Maker, Glide-Out Freezer Drawer, Energy Star Qualified and Electronic Temperature Controls: White

Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator

3.3

No way would i ever purchase a nother Maytag Product

from Titusville Fl

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Unreliable

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

You only get 1 year limited warranty if you absolutely have to have a Maytag get extended warranty I was not told that I only had one year the advertisement is misleading not a good product

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Would I purchase again?

from cleveland texas

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Customizable Shelving
    • Quiet

Cons

• Flimsy Shelves

• Large Kitchens

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Have had the slide rail between the crispers break three times due to it's flimsy design. At thirty dollars each and the last two only lasting two months each I've about had it. On the last one I kept the crispers almost empty. Opened the fridge to find the crispers laying on the bottom of the fridge the other day. Customer service wants me to pay to have one of their techs. come out to look at it because they insist they aren't aware of any problem with the crisper slide. Every parts house I looked at carries the slide rail so I have to assume it's a part that breaks frequently.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Love this refrigerator!

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I have owned this appliance for the past five years. I am super impressed with the quality of the refrigerator. I was skeptical at first of having the freezer on the bottom. My refrigerator always had the freezer on the top so this was quite an adjustment at first. I have really grown to like this feature. I find that things don’t get “lost” in the back of the freezer and the baskets that move independently of each other are one of the best features of this refrigerator. The refrigerator part is very spacious. The drawers and removable baskets on the doors are very sturdy. I have had absolutely no issues with these things breaking. I find that there is always enough room to store what I need to store and things do not get “lost” in the refrigerator either. I am very impressed with how quiet this appliance is when it is running. Overall, I highly recommend purchasing this refrigerator. I am impressed!

• Temperature Control:

I would say that this refrigerator isn't probably the best .

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Its excellent for holding a lot of food, but most times it can a pain to make more room. I would recommend this to a person that is living by themselves, but if you more than 2 people living with each other it would get to full to quickly.

Noise Level
    There isn't that much noise. For my family that's good, because we have are baby cousin's over for the summer and fall breaks and if they hear any noise at all it will wake them up in a heartbeat.

Interior Organization
    Its not that organized. Sometimes it can become over crowded, with leftovers . My aunty doesn't it like at all , she says that every once and a while it brakes down.

Temperature Control
    The temperature control panel is hard to reach , for people that are short and or average height.

Cleaning the refrigerator is very easy, but it will take some time to make sure that its up to your standards.

The durability for this product is rather fair.

The design of this product is way to plain to me. It needs more color add to it.

Not Worth the Money

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I bought this refrigerator brand new. I loved the size and the lay out of it. There is a lot of room on the inside, which is great for a large family. After 6 years, we noticed that it wasn't cooling like it should. We made sure everything was clean (the vents underneath and the wires etc) and then we found out the compressor went out on it. When we contacted someone to come look at it we were told that it would just be better for our money to buy a new one than to fix this one. I know stuff isn't made like it was before but I thought I would have at least gotten more than 6 years out of it for what it cost me. Also because the freezer is a drawer and just rolls closed, I always had to double check that it was closed tightly or I would come back to find everything half thawed. I still would have bought it with the freezer like that, I just wanted to let people know to be sure and watch that.

Everything you need

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

We couldn't be happier with our purchase! There is plenty of room for all of our needs. (Family of 4) During this holiday we had everyone over to our house and space for the apps, dinners, desserts and leftovers all had places to fit! A great choice if you need to stay within a budget. Plus maytag usually has promotions or coupons to help with your decision that much more.
    If you're like us, we didn't have a lot of room to buy a huge double door fridge (like we had planned, when our other one finally clunked out) this is 100% the one to choose. Also it's very quite, and all parts of it are very durable. Anyone in my house can move it from away from the wall with no struggling. Which is nice considering my wife has a bad back. Sometimes the kids will lose things behind there.

Interior Organization
    I've seen others with great shelving space. Not to say this one is bad at all though.
    Thank you for reading and I hope I helped your decision in purchasing a new Maytag.

Awesome!

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I just bought this refrigerator and I love it! The design is very sleek and modern. Our old refrigerator from maytag had lasted a little over 13 years when it started to go so my family decided it was time to get another model from a brand we trusted and never had an issues. In my opinion, the freezer is bigger than our previous refrigerator( it had a top freezer) and the refrigerator is much bigger. I love the fact the fridge part is at eye level now and I don't have bend over to look into the fridge even though I have to do it for the freezer which in our house is not really a problem since we have a deep freezer in our kitchen instead.

Noise Level
    There is no noises that come from the refrigerator.

Interior Organization
    Love it! I love the fact I can more the shelves to the spots that I need them to be. They are very easy to move.

Temperature Control
    It is very easy to control the temperature.

Maytag is one if the most durable brands I know !

Happy With Most Things On Fridge

from Clinton, MA

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I am happy with the looks of the fridge, I love the stainless steel. I am happy with the performance and love the freezer on the bottom. I am not happy with the way the coils are protected underneath because I can't clean the coils as well as I would like. They need to change that or give you a special tool to clean it.

Noise Level
    Can hear it when it kicks on from another room.

Interior Organization
    The depth could be better in the veggie boxes. And a bigger meat keeper.

Temperature Control
    Am happy with the temp control.

The inside is easy to clean but to get to the coils under the fridge are very dificult. I have a dog with long hair that sheds. When you enter my kitchen the fridge is right there so all kitchen traffic goes by it. I don't know why they don't make it so you can clean coils easily. It has a cage around the coils that you can't get to, to clean well. Either make the cage bars further apart or put a solid front and high enough off the floor to vac.

It is almost 1 year old and working well.

Stainless steel is very attractive and handles are neat looking. Am happy with design.