Other Refrigerators:
69002, 69009
Kenmore Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator

Kenmore Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator

efficient and good looking

It's easy to move the shelves to your desired height. The one pullout is very convenient. The drawer on the bottom that is as wide as the fridge is my very favorite thing. The ice maker is not too loud and since it's not constantly on, it's not a big deal. The only small issue we found is the light switch that needed to be replaced within a year. I love the look of this fridge in our kitchen.

Noise Level
Before we bought this refrigerator I had read a few reviews that claimed that it was very loud. We haven't found that to be true. The short time the ice maker is absolutely no problem. There will be a beep if you leave the door open for too long.

Interior Organization
The bottom drawer is the bomb!! The door shelves are easily moved and are a good sizes. I like having an egg compartment that keeps the eggs in their own carton.

Temperature Control
We didn't have to set it and have found no issues.

The shelves are easy to clean. I haven't had any drips from one level to the next. I finally figured out that cleaning the stainless is best with windex and a cleaning cloth.

It's only 2 years old so I can't really say much.

This is the second purchase of a Kenmore bottom freezer refrigerator for us. I love it. The freezer is a pull out drawer with plenty of room. There is a divider for the big part. There is also another drawer with the ice and there is a plenty of room to store more next to it.

Very different from standard refrigerators.

I'm not used to the freezer being on the bottom. I'm used to having it at eye level. The placement iof the freezer is very awkward.

Occasionally I...Read complete review

Noise Level
Occasionally I get a whirring sound from within the fridge and that concerns me. Aside form that, there is not much sound to be heard from this refrigerator.

Interior Organization
Really, it's the whole freezer thing that bothers me. The top of the fridge is pretty standard and the shelves suit my needs. But the freezer has absolutely no organization whatsoever.

Temperature Control
I find no problems with this refrigerator keeping my food at the right temperature. However, I'm not sure about the status on the freezer because I just gave up on it.

It's very difficult to clean the freezer. I had a soda explode in the freezer and it was not easily accessible. Cleaning the mess took much longer than necessary.

My older refrigerator lasted longer. Some of the shelves easily come apart.

It's good but has issues

from New Jersey

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Upper door switch failure

Comments about Kenmore Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

While we are happy with the unit overall, within the first year the freezer fan was building up with ice and making a lot of noise. In addition to that the upper door switch (controls the light) has failed 2 times and I'm about to replace it again. I am able to remove and reseat the switch so that it works again but it will stop working again after a month or so and I shouldn't have to keep doing this. They clearly didn't give much thought to this rather important area.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

I would like this product

from Caracas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

• Large Kitchens

Very good

• Primary use:
    • Personal

efficient and good looking

from Hesperia, CA

Temperature Control
    We didn't have to set it and have found no issues.

It's only 2 years old so I can't really say much.

• Temperature Control:

Best made decision after MONTHS of research, no regrets!

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Kenmore Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Amazing refrigerator! Couldn't have found a better fit for my needs and kitchen. More spacious than any side to side that I was looking at. So glad I went with the Kenmore bottomless freezer.

Noise Level
    The only noise the unit makes is when the ice dumps into the bucket and refills with water. Even then its only a minute or so and not loud at all.

Interior Organization
    I love the extra large door storage units. Such a space saver to have all of our condiments and beverages in the door. Being able to move and reorganize all the shelves/bins was a major selling point for me. There is nothing yet that I have found DOESN'T fit in the refridgerator.

Temperature Control
    The temperature controls are very accurate and easy to operate. I also notice a distinct difference in temperature in the fruit and vegetable drawers as well as the deli drawer where with my previous refrigerator I didn't notice an actual difference.

The smooth outer surface is such a cinch to clean. I used to have a textured refrigerator and it was such a pain to clean. Now with the smooth surface and handles it literally takes seconds to wipe down. Also all the shelves are so easy to remove and give a good cleaning to.

• Temperature Control:

Great fridge/freezer!! Holds lots of stuff and easy to clean!

Comments about Kenmore Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Very easy to use fridge that is quiet and has lots of storage space.

Runs very quiet.

Interior Organization
    Wish the freezer had better storage instead of 1 large basket, but still holds lots. The small shelf in the door doesnt really hold much but works great for small things like icees and popsicles (as long as they are not in the box).

Temperature Control
    The temperature controls for the fridge and the freezer are very easy to use and change. This fridge/freezer also holds its temp very steady so I have not had to adjust temp settings since we first set it up.

Glass shelves and shelves in door are all removable to easy to dump out the crumbs. Sometimes stuff does get stuck in the crevises of the shelves so that makes the shelves a little harder to clean while still in the fridge.

This fridge/freezer seems to hold up very well with kids opening and closing and our toddler running his ride on toys into the outside of it without denting or scratching it.

Very simple design, nothing fancy, but interior design is great with lots of storage space!

Practical

Comments about Kenmore Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

This fridge is good, but it could use a little more space. It stays clean and organized and is not noisy. It is perfect for families, because small children cannot reach the top part with food. You really get what you pay for, because it is a great fridge. This fridge is an amazing buy and I highly recommend it to OCD people, families, sensitive hearing people, and many, many more people. I love my fridge so much and could not live without it.

Noise Level
    It is not noisy at all. It does hum slightly at times, but not much and the door makes virtually no noise when opening or closing it. It is so quiet at times I forget it's there! This is good for sneaking out in the middle of the night to steal food! :) It is a very good fridge for people sensitive to noise like my son, who has a hearing problem where he hears three times louder than usual. The fridge is very quiet however, and doesn't bother him.

Interior Organization
    It is very well organized, I am pretty OCD and it has plenty of drawers and shelves so that you can put everything in it's own place. The bottom freezer I especially love because when cooking if I need to freeze something like chocolate covered pretzels or chocolate toffee saltines, I can fit the whole entire pan in. This is very beneficial to someone like me who hates dirty dishes, because I do not have to squish wet chocolate onto a little plate.

Temperature Control
    We have never had an issue with the temperature, it is always working at an appropriate level. The coldness feels good on hot days when you open it and my food almost never spoils. The freezer allows for things to be kept for long amounts of time if you do not get much time to cook and it is overall a goof temperature. The temperature is very easy to control with a switch and doesn't bleed us dry to run. I love the way I can drink an ice cold beverage right after keeping it in there for only about twenty or so minutes. my hot husband and I have enjoyed many cocktails that were kept in this amazing fridge and had so much fun. It is a great fridge if you like things to work.

Cleaning it is pretty easy, however the handles get a minorly dirty. Just wiping it down with a wet cloth is simple and effective. I try to keep my fridge as clean as possible and it always is. The stainless steel does not rust and the inside keeps clean. I am a pretty clean person if I do say so myself so... Well anyway cleaning it is very easy and I would highly recommend it to OCD people because it will not become dirty and gross like other fridges might.

I have 3 kids and the fridge holds up, although there is minor wear and tear like a problem in the door and some scratches and stains it is pretty good. A lot of fridges break, but this one won't. The light has never blown and the food always stays at the right temperature. For families with lot's of children and or pets I would highly recommend this great fridge that can endure almost anything because kids and or pets can be rough, but this fridge will take it. I know mine does and I think it will probably last many more years in good conditions.

The design looks great in almost any kitchen. The stainless steel stays pretty clean to the naked eye and the layout is very handy. The freezer on the bottom allows for stacking long term items and the top part allows for easy access of items. My interior decorator was very impressed in my choice, because often I have bad taste. I am glad I chose this fridge also because the handy dandy freezer drawer at the bottom of that excellent fridge makes a good place to freeze chocolate on cookies, candy, pretzels, crackers, fruits, nuts, even asparagus after melting it. I often chocolate dip things, and it comes in handy because the freezer is very, very, very, very spacious.

• Temperature Control:

This refrigerator is great, it has a lot of storage space.

Comments about Kenmore Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

This refrigerator is great, it has a lot if storage space. You can also move the shelves in the door to customize them the way you want. I like the milk storage in the door and the extra storage in front of the drawers. It's easy for my kids to get their snacks. The freezer is a bit small though. We have a big family and needed to get a second freezer.

very useful and effective

Comments about Kenmore Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I love that the freezer is situated on the bottom of the refrigerator, while its sliding door still makes it effective and efficient. The fridge area has plenty of room and space for storing food. I especially like the bottom drawer under the normal crisper.

Noise Level
    This fridge is very quiet and unobtrusive. It makes very little noise with the only exception being the ice maker and even that is hardly noticeable and rarely occurring.

Temperature Control
    The temperature control is easily accessible within the fridge area of this refrigerator. I is also quite easy to use.

The stainless steel makes this the easiest to clean fridge that I have owned and I would highly recommend anyone to consider stainless steel for their next fridge.

This fridge is smooth and sleek. It has a very modern look and feel to it on the outside. While the inside has been designed to take the maximum advantage of the space available.

• Temperature Control:

I absolutely love my fridge

Comments about Kenmore Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

It works great, it has never had a problem cooling things quickly or keeping them cool. The ice is always frozen quickly, and I can reorganize the fridge when I get our monthly groceries without it warming up the entire fridge.

Noise Level
    I never hear my fridge making any sort of noises.

Interior Organization
    I love how I can adjust every shelf, in the door and in the fridge to fit exactly what I need and want. I also love that there are drawers one of which is temperature controlled.

Temperature Control
    Milk is never frozen, nothing gets warm, we do not have to tweak it at all.

Upon moving in our fridge looked like it should be thrown out, the power had been off and food rotted in the fridge and freezer. I was able to take out, clean and put everything back and it looks brand new.

Hasnt broken yet, and has been moved around.

I love how I can adjust all the shelves and drawers. It makes it so I can customize my fridge how I want it.

great design

Comments about Kenmore Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

This refrigerator has so much space. The design for both the refrigerator and freezer are excellent. The refrigerator has three drawers and space in the door for large. The freezer has a drawer also that's very good for small items.

No noise!

Interior Organization
    love the drawers, especially in the freezer.

Temperature Control
    love the fruit and veggies temp controls

large shelves make it easy

only owned it two months, but so far so good.

I just love the way it looks, inside and out