Other Refrigerators:

Cons

Love my new fridge

from Harvard Il

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

So very happy I found this Maytag refrigerator. At first I didn't think I would like the freezer being on the bottom, but now I find that I am overall very happy with it. It's super easy to get in and out of and storage seems more fitting than in a top freezer. No worrying about if things will fall out once you open the door because it is a convenient drawer. Genius! There is a handy ice tray in the freezer as well. The refrigerator is very spacious and has a lot of shelves and drawer compartments for vegetables and fruit, meats and what not. Plenty of room in door storage for condiments and bigger containers. Easy slide out shelves for ease of cleaning and wonderful temperature control to keep all of your food fresh. I don't even realize it is running either because it is so quiet! It is the perfect addition to my kitchen and I couldn't have asked for a better refrigerator!

very quiet

Interior Organization
very spacious and easy to get to everything

removable shelves make cleaning simple

sleek!

• Temperature Control:

It's a great refrigerator.

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I love this refrigerator.

It's very quiet.

Interior Organization
The door shelves are generously sized and adjustable. The shelving system is easy to rearrange if you need to do it for parties and holiday meals.

Temperature Control
The refrigerator and freezer have separate controls. The recommended manufacturer settings are spot on. Both refrigerator and freezer recover their temperatures quickly after cleaning.

Everything in this unit comes out for cleaning except the butter door. I enjoy cleaning the freezer because it's so easy. The seal on the freezer catches spills but a quick wipe with a damp paper towel gets it done. The outside case doesn't show sticky fingers and it's really easy to clean. I can't get to its coils.

This was my third refrigerator in 4 years and the only issue I've had is the kick plate will not stay on.

I'm very happy with the overall design. The size of the freezer is fabulous. I can fit a couple weeks worth of breakfasts and lunches. And I still have room for meat, small casseroles and ice cream.

Great Refrigerator!

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

We had this refrigerator for quite a few years, and held up extremely well! This refrigerator has a very sleek design, great interior organization, and state of the art temperature controls, which keeps all types of food the absolute perfect temperature! At first, I didn't think I would like the freezer on the bottom portion, but after a while, I came to realize I wish that every refrigerator I owned in the past had this wonderful feature! It is so convenient not to have to bend over every time I have to look for what to prepare for a meal. Everything is at eye level, and no bending! I find myself using the refrigerator portion most often, and it is easier to look into a freezer when it is below eye level.

Noise Level
This refrigerator is very quiet! It does have a quiet hum, but nothing bothersome or very noticeable.

Interior Organization
Everything has its own place!

Temperature Control
Great temperature control! The milk is always ice cold, but never has ice chunks!

The shelves slide out for easy cleaning!

One of the shelves shattered while I was cleaning, but it was my own fault. I dropped it on the cement outside. However, I was able to order a new shelf and have had no other problems!

As stated earlier, I love the freezer on the bottom! It is so convenient!

• Temperature Control:

Great refrigerator freezer, the freezer doesn't get used as much

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

The reason I rate it good instead of Very Good is the basket at the bottom is sometimes hard to get what I need.

Temperature Control
There are temperature controls on the slide out drawers for fruit and vegetables.

Nobody likes cleaning so very good, it would have to clean itself

I probably should mix and match drawers more to my family needs but I have just left them where they were set when I purchased the refrigerator.

I love my fridge!

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I absolutely love my Maytag Bottom Freezer Fridge! I rarely eat frozen food, and I fresh produce daily; I am unable to bend over often, due to arthritis in my spine, so this fridge is perfect for me! I love that it keeps my food fresher than any fridge that I have used before. I love the amount of storage it has. I do not like how wide the door opens. I do not like that the door sticks, and is difficult to open at times.

Noise Level
It is so quiet, I don't even hear it running!

Best organization!

Temperature Control
Very easy to adjust. Holds a steady temperature. Keeps my food fresh.

Food gets stuck in the shelves, but it isn't to terrible to remove them for cleaning.

I think it will last awhile. The door sticking does concern me.

I love the design, except I don't like that my door sticks and sometimes when I try to open it, I end up pulling the fridge away from the wall.

Worth the money

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Overall I'm very satisfied with this product

Interior Organization
The ease of being able to adjust all of the shelving to the heights you like is great, I also find that being able to take out the shelves for cleaning is a absolutely wonderful thing. The glass is not sealed into the shelf and is easily removable. The inside door shelving is also adjustable to any heights you would want which is also very convienant.

Temperature Control
The only complaint I have with the temp control is the veg and fruit drawers do not work like they should to maintain freshness of the products. I find that just having movable levers for humidity does absolutely nothing in helping prolong the life of the fruits or vegetables.

I purchased this refrigerator about 5 years ago and have no problems what so ever, I did do my research into reliable products and am very happy with my purchase thus far.

The design is great, you just have to make sure your kitchen can accomadate a refrigerator door as large as this one. I have a galley kitchen so it takes up the whole width when the door is open and no one can get through. I also would have preferred to baskets in the freezer to the one large one provided. It also is NOT easy to clean underneath it, to get to the bottom floor of freezer is next to impossible,and I still haven't figured out if the basket comes out or not easily.

User Friendly & Energy Efficient

from Oxford, OH

Comments about Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

My 20 year old frig was in need of replacement and I did a lot of research on every brand of refrigerators. I had a limited space, so I didn't have many choices. I read about the Maytag with a bottom freezer which I was use to my side-by-side. It runs quieter, is energy efficient, removable ice tray which is great, bottom freezer doors slides out easily and has great sealing on both doors. The one thing I don't like about the freezer is having to stack and then dig for items. With a side-by-side, I had several shelves. The refrigerator section is nicely designed with adjustable spill catcher shelves, gallon door bins, reversible door, electronic temperature controls, energy star qualified and fruit & veggie bins plus more. I really love the refrigerator part, as it is much easier to use than my last one. However, I still have to get use to the stacking of foods as I love to cook soups and freeze for future meals. This is a nice one you might want to consider.