3.9
Maybelline
Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles - All Shades

Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles - All Shades

3.9

After consulting with a vampire I finally got the look I wanted.

Last year for Halloween I was dressing up as a vampire so I needed some dark makeup to finish the creepy look.  I bought some very dark red lipstick, som very light foundation to make me look pale and dead and some black eyeshadow for dramatic eyes and sunken cheekbones.

Although I had trouble with a Maybelline Expertwear eyeshadow quad, I've had good luck with the **Maybelline ExpertWear Single in Night Sky**.  It worked perfectly with my costume as the color showed up rich and dark and was very blendable.  I still use this eyeshadow a few times a week for everyday use.

Not as an eyeshadow!  As an eyeliner.  I have finally achieved the elusive "smokey eye" and all it took was dressing up as a vampire to get it!  I normally wear black eyeliner anyway so as I had tons of this eyeshadow left over after Halloween I decided to give it a try on a less dramatic scale for every day use.  I have a flat eyeliner brush that I drag lightly over the eyeshadow and apply at my upper and lower lash line after applying brown eyeshadow.  It gives that smudged, smokey look right off the bat without having to smudge or blend but if I do need to blend, it works really well.

I love to use this product as an eyeliner because I can achieve the desired look quickly with a brush and I don't have to fiddle with pencils that can be painful and oily.

Not crazy zbout

i do not understand why makeup is especially eye shadow is not made for different skin types. Maybelline has beautifully wonderful colors to choose from but when I use them they don't look great. They look good on me for about the first hour and then they tend to look like a caked mess. My skin is oily and the eyeshadow seems to change as my skin gets oiler. I would love to have a eyeshadow that looked them 4 hours after I applied as it did when I put it on. With all the advances we have in this day and age with technology it doesn't seem like it would be that hard so why then does it not happen. I am not assming a lot just that my eyeshadow not shine cake up in the creases of eyelids. Also a little work could be made on the applicator so the tip does not fall off when you are trying to apply the eyeshadow. Sorry for all the copmplaining but I would like for eyes to look beautiful all day long and not just for 5 minutes.

Excellent price, lots of shimmer!

Comments about Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles - All Shades:

I love having lots of fun and different makeup options in my possession. However, makeup is expensive! Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow SIngles makes it possible to add lots of fun colors to your collection without breaking the bank. The eyeshadows have excellent coverage and there are TONS of color options, so you are not limited in the least. Go pick up a few today!

Is good for a natural, softer look.

Comments about Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles - All Shades:

I wasn't expecting to like this eyeshadow as much as I ended up liking it. It definitely is a good product to have in your makeup bag, and is now one of my staple eyeshadows. The only downfall I found in this product was that it was a bit softer and lighter than I had expected, and you have to apply a bit more. It stayed on all day and didn't smear or fall out.

Easy to carry with you with great color

Comments about Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles - All Shades:

The thing I like the most about these shadows is that you can grab a few, or even buy a few if you're caught out without your usual makeup because they had such a great price, toss them into a bag and take they with you without any real hassle.
They travel well and the color range is great; I love bright colors and bold ones; I've found plenty of both in this line; each with some reasonable color and great blending power.
The shadow itself is a little coarse at dry but it does go on well; and once one it does stay well without much fade over the day. I also usually add a little water to my brush when I use these and the colors really pop this way and will not fade at all.
I have noticed with some of the more intense blues and darker greens I will see a faint staining of my eyelids if I use them with water but usually another go with a facial cleaner and all traces are gone so it's not something I would stop using the line over.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles - All Shades:

I like to buy the trio eyeshadows because it makes for easy application and color matching but I always run out of the base/upper lid color before the other two so I was shopping for a single color eyeshadow to replace the upper lid color I had used up when I found Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Single in Pink Petal 60S. The soft pink color works great for an eyeshadow base and for an upper lid color and matches beautifully with almost any trio eyeshadow I've found. The color in the package is true to how it looks on your eyes. I like that the color lasts all day. It wont fade away, forms lines in the creases of your eyes or wipe off too easily. On days when I need a quick makeup fix or just feel like keeping it simple I'll wear the Petal Pink by itself for a subtle pretty highlight to my eyes. There are a ton colors in the Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles line and they are so versitile. I think any woman could find her perfect color.

Maybelline Eyeshadow Singles: You get what you pay for.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles - All Shades:

I've tried a lot of eyeshadows over the years and **Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles** were some of the first. They're relatively inexpensive, come in a large array of colors and seem really appealing and fun to someone just getting started in make-up.

I stopped buying these eyeshadow singles when I became aware of better, more high-quality brands, but I recently bought one again because I saw a gorgeous green color that I just had to have. After applying, I remembered why I stopped buying them...the color does not last!

If you're gonna use these, you MUST use an eye primer first. The quality of this eyeshadow is so poor, it has to be reapplied often. Yes, they come in tempting, bold colors and have a cheap price tag, but this is one example that you get what you pay for. If you're young and experimenting, go for it, but I wouldn't really recommend them otherwise.

Why Did She Include This In My Package? Shock Explained.

from Podunk, NY

Comments about Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles - All Shades:

I got a makeup care package from my friend a while back and it was like Christmas even though it was summer time. I got a lot of really wonderful products, in this package, but one thing that surprised me was the little pan of Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow! Surely this was just something she tossed in there for the heck of it. Maybelline eye shadow is not something I reach for- almost ever.

**Product Features**

Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles come in a blue plastic pan with a spot for a sponge applicator. The lid is see through so you can see the pan color without having to open the container. Each pigment used in eyeshadow changes the way it works, and looks, as well as texture, but in my experience, the texture is buttery soft, creamy smooth, and has a nice satin shimmer.

**Product Performance**

The color of this shadow that I have is called Sky Blue. It does not look like something with that name would be expected to look. Instead of that light bright pastel blue, Sky Blue is a dulled teal blue color that has a subtle gold shimmer to it. I say subtle because it is not like a metallic gold but like a burnished bronze gold.

The texture is buttery soft, and creamy to apply it to the skin. When used on an eyeshadow primer such as Too Faced Shadow Insurance, the results are fantastic.

Coverage is excellent, pigmentation is right up there with some of the top line eyeshadows. I have gotten all day wear with the primer, and the texture is perfect for all skin types- including aging lids which tend to be accented by shiny textures.

**The Bottom Line**

This Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow shocked me with its high quality and wearable texture and color. I am impressed with its ability to last all day and look truly pretty on the eyes. I highly recommend this shadow - at least in Sky Blue- if you can get it. It is very good quality. Other colors might not be the same, but this one sure is a winner!

Cheap eyeshadow

from Highland, CA

Comments about Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles - All Shades:

I really don't like this I have bought two different colors and am disappointed. I got s purple color and a light green color and both are flakey looking and don't blend well and look like cheap children's play make up. Although the price is low I would say go with cover girls eye shadow although I don't think either is great the comparing it with cover girl I wiould go with that one.Also when you try and make it darker it just looks cakey.

Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Single is Great

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles - All Shades:

I love the Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles! They come in a wide range of stylish colors. They are available in almost all of the drug stores and grocery stores in my area, and they are easy to find. The color applies smoothly and evenly, and blends well. It is easy to make your eyes look dramatic or muted, and is veratile enough for any occasion. The colors are fun to experiment with, and price is reasonable. I very often have an allergy to eye makeup, especially eyeshadow, so I have to be careful about the brands that I purchase. I have not had one bit of a problem with this eyeshadow. I would recommend the Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles to everyone who wants a great reasonably priced, basic eyeshadow.

Awesome Shadows!

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles - All Shades:

I remember when I first started using make-up in the 6th grade. My mom always had the coolest products ,so I just started taking her make-up and trying it all out on myself. One of the first shadows I ever wore daily was actually this product, and a similar color to the one pictured! It was a bright aqua color and it looked SO GREAT with brown eyes. My mom used to always come in my room and search through my make-up collection to get it back (sorry mama!) haha. It always stayed put all day through school, and It was always very conveniently priced.( My mom finally took me to get a few shades of my own). I was constantly getting complimented on the shades I chose, and they were all so beautiful! I usually stuck with black and the green/blue hues. Just simply beautiful!!!

Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles are (alright)

from Oakland, CA

Comments about Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles - All Shades:

i guess the first thing i would say is this eyeshadow is oaky. not the best and not the worst. would i recommend this ...well not for the ones that are into high pigmentation compared to mac. i really like how this eyeshadow is very compact and easy to slip into your purse. i also like how there are many unique colors. the price is reasonable but its even better when u get it on sale..o yeah.. some of the colors are not so pigmented, which is bad because the colors u might like might not be as pigmented. the eyshadow blends well but it does crease so u should and must have some kind of primer underneath. ppl who like high end eyeshadows might not really like this. but i think its worth having!