3.4

Magnavox - DVD Player VCR Combo

3.4

LOVE THIS COMBO PLAYER!

Comments about Magnavox - DVD Player VCR Combo:

I have a vast collection of VHS tapes and DVDs and love to watch them constantly, and this combo player has been perfect for me for the NINE years I've owned it.

The VHS tapes still play well for being as old as they are, if there are any problems with the VCR part it will be because of them instead of the player itself, and the DVD drive has played every single disk I own multiple times without a single issue.

Playback Quality
Wonderful playback in the DVD drive, no skips unless the disks happen to be damaged, and the VCR plays through the tapes without a hitch to rewind them itself unless the tape has something wrong with it to begin with.

Sound Quality
Nothing bad or choppy with the sound at all!

I've recorded SO many times on many VHS tapes for YEARS and the VCR is still going strong, and the DVD player has done the same with all of my disks over the years without anything happening to it.

Just turn on the player and use the remote button to select either the VCR or DVD drive, pop in the tape or DVD, and go!

• Playback Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Nice product

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Magnavox - DVD Player VCR Combo:

I received this as a gift so can not comment on the price. I had a old vcr ( with no remote) and a dvd player that was falling apart. When I received this wasn't to sure if I really wanted it. But I hooked it up ( took awhile). I really like it. It saved me alot of room instead of two shelves I now have only one. It's easy to use, switches back and forth from vcr to dvd with no problems.I only have to complaints about this product. One there is no subtitles on vcr part. The second is no equalizer my old dvd had  one and I miss that. Other than that I would recommend this. I going to buy another one to put in my daughter's room.

Great for someone who still has VHS tapes.

from Lowell, MA

Comments about Magnavox - DVD Player VCR Combo:

This is a great DVD and VCR player.  It is so easy to use and switch between VCR and DVD mode.  also, one great aspect of it is that even if you lose the clicker there is a button on the outside to switch modes.  It also holds your place on the DVD even if you shut the DVD player off, which is a great concept.  I've had it for 5 months and use it almost every day and it still works great.

Magnavox DVD/VCR Combo Is Disposeable!

from Atmore, AL

Comments about Magnavox - DVD Player VCR Combo:

I'm sorry but this system is fully disposeable. It only lasts about 30 days and can't be returned after that. There is no viable support for this product. Believe me, we have been through at least 6 of these in the last 6 months. I might have wisened up and went with another brand but at the time this was the only model available locally and surely I thought sooner or later we get a good one. I was wrong. It's the VCR part that goes out. The tracking mechanism and capacitors burn up after about 30 days of play and can't be repaired frugally. Aslo it has this special sensor that will lock the VCR if you open the cover. So if you take the cover off it will not power up or play. Try putting the cover back on and off to activate the play button again and if you're lucky 1 out of 100 times you might get to come on again. Don't waste your money.

I now have 3 of these!!

from Lees Summit, MO

Comments about Magnavox - DVD Player VCR Combo:

I have three of these, and finally gave up and switched brands, especially after losing a few of my favorite video recordings. They are cheap, yes, and the dvd players seem to work okay, if you are just looking for a dvd player then this is fine, and will do, that is the only reason I still have three of them, if ever my two dvd players I have now should go out, I will have something to play dvd's on, or rather if I ever need a cable box, they are a good cable box for that extra tv, that is if you do not have digital. They work wonderful for the first 6 months, and somewhere after that, before your year is up, it will eat your tape, if you stick a tape in their, it will start rewinding funny, then you will to eject it, to no avail. I have lost a few tapes in there, and had to tinker with it for hours sometimes to get the tape out, only to have it ruined.