3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

Luden's Wild Cherry Throat Drops Cures Common Cold!

Ticklish throat?  Feverish? Feeling blah?  Boyfriend didn't call?  Just quit smoking? Lunch delayed?  In a bad mood for your own good reasons? **Luden's Wild Cherry Throat Drops** are just what the doctor ordered!  Not only are they immediately effective in the here-and-now, they also have the magical ability to recreate you at age 10.

Granted, they are a bit more expensive now than they were then - especially since you're the one buying them and not grandma -  but compared to the price of other tonics you might alternately purchase, their cost is reasonable. After all, a bag is generally less than half of a happy hour vodka tonic and will leave no residual hangover should you overindulge. Only your red-dyed tongue will give your excessive behavior away.

Of course these little sweet solutions are decidedly NOT medicine in any traditional sense but this does not mean that they aren't "medicinal,"  in that they *can* make you feel better.  If you truly have a cough, go see a doctor. If you want a sweet little respite, pop a Luden's!

Ludens Wild Cherry Cough Drops Offer Candy- Like Flavor

A bad cough usually has to be dealt with by resorting to the heavy- duty medications, but a lighter or more moderate cough can be handled through other means. A cough drop is often enough to tame these lesser coughs and one possible option to consider is Ludens Wild Cherry Cough Drops.

Cough Drop Facts and Figures:

Ludens Wild Cherry Cough Drops are a candy- like cough drop with a fruity flavor that is fuller in taste than that of other cough drops. They are taken like any other cough drop- dissolved in the mouth one or two at a time, with more drops taken later, as needed.

Ludens Wild Cherry Cough Drops are a tasty cough drop and the manufacturer is obviously aware that the taste is a strong selling point. The subtitle, as you can see from the illustration, is Great Tasting Throat Drops and there is no doubt that the flavor is quite good. I am not a huge fan of the taste of cherry, but I agree that these cough drops do taste very good and some will prefer them for that reason.

But flavor alone doesn’t make a cough drop- they also need to work at least semi- effectively and with Ludens Wild Cherry Cough Drops, that is about what you get. They work about as well as any cough drop, which means they work okay, but not that well. They are fine for a moderate or light cough, but they are a complete waste of time with a really bad cough unless, of course, you just use them for the candy- like flavor, which many will do.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

My bottom line on Ludens Wild Cherry Cough Drops is that they work fine for a light or moderate cough, but don’t expect them to work very well if you have a really nasty, hacking cough. They do taste very good, but their ability to soothe a throat and stop the hacking is only moderate at best.

Cough Suppression
Moderately good at cough control- best used for light or moderate coughs

I would use every penny in my bank account to purchase these

from Pennsburg pa

About Me Elderly

Pros

• Easy To Administer
  • Effective
  • Good Flavor
  • No Side Effects
  • Promotes Healing
  • Relieves Symptoms Fast

Cons

• Itchy Eyes
    • Runny Nose & Sneezing
    • Sore Throat

Comments about Ludens Wild Cherry Great Tasting Throat Drops:

Everything is amazing about these cough drops. I'd use every penny in my back account to buy these over and over again. I'd live on these and water for the rest of my life if I had money. They taste like heaven. They help with sickness very good. I'm glad I have these cough drops. Swell flavor great effects whathat else can I ask for. 16 out of 10 great quality don't break when dropped.

No result not effective

from Colorado

Comments about Ludens Wild Cherry Great Tasting Throat Drops:

Just taste like candy.. if you care more about the taste then actually soothing the pain from your cough then these are great.. but I have been sipping on NyQuil all day and these cough drops don't work at all.. total waste of money should have got halls

Waste of Money

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Ludens Wild Cherry Great Tasting Throat Drops:

I've tried these drops multiple times for soothing an itchy and/or sore throat but find that they are little more than candy, not meeting their supposed purpose.

The cherry ones are the best tasting (there are a lemon version too) offered in bags or boxes. When I was a kid I used to nab these from the medicine cabinet because they tasted just like a cherry flavored hard candy. There's no taste of menthol, cough suppressant or anything else medicinal.

That would be fine if they were effective, but they're not, they're just a cherry flavored hard candy that I have come to determine are a waste of money. Perhaps they'd work for others but I have found absolutely no cough relief or sore throat pain reduction (their actual claim) with this product and will not buy it. I am not even sure how they have stayed on the market as long as they have, at least 30 years to the best of my knowledge.

• Cough Suppression:

Really good especially for children

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Ludens Wild Cherry Great Tasting Throat Drops:

I have numerous times previously and in the past purchased and have used these Ludens Wild Cherry Great Tasting Throat Cough Drops. I first tried these cough drops as a young child. Whenever I had a bad cough my mother would get these because these were the only ones I would take. I have found these are the perfect cough drop for children. I have purchased and given to my young daughter and they have effectively controlled her cough. She will take these because the taste is really good, especially compared to others on the market. So whenever she starts getting a sore throat or cough I reach for the Ludens Wild Cherry Great Tasting Throat Drops and they help to get rid of her cough really fast. Another good thing about these cough drops is the price. They are rather cheap and affordable for any budget. I still take these from time to time but I personally thinks they are too sweet for my taste. I would certainly recommend this product to all of my friends and family especially if you have children.

• Cough Suppression:

They taste like candy...and work about as well.

Comments about Ludens Wild Cherry Great Tasting Throat Drops:

Luden's cough drops are an old standard. They've been around forever. People loved them because they tasted better than Halls. Unfortunately, I've never noticed that they do a darned thing except cause you to salivate, which keeps your throat wetter and may, in turn, help to curb a cough or two. However, if there is any other medication in these that is intended to prevent coughs, it certainly doesn't work on me. In fact, I'm only giving them a 2 because they taste good.

Congestion Relief
    There is zero relief of any kind of congestion.

See above.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    Your throat will not hurt any less on account of a Luden's cough drop. Your mouth will have a fantastic taste in it, though, which is much better than the taste of raw tissue or phlegm.

Cough Suppression
    If there is any way that luden's suppresses coughs, it is only that it causes excess salivation which keeps your throat a little more moist. To be honest, that really doesn't help. In fact, sometimes, it makes my throat tickle worse.

• Cough Suppression:

Great to soothe a dry throat

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Ludens Wild Cherry Great Tasting Throat Drops:

I am not a big fan of throat or cough drops because of the menthol and medicine flavor. I bought Ludens Wild Cherry Throat Drops because they don't have the menthol. They taste great with a strong cherry flavor. I think these are great to have on hand for a dry throat and minor irritation but if you are looking for something to take away strong throat pain and coughs then you will be better off going with a medicated throat drop. These are inexpensive and are great for kids, especially mine who will not suck on medicated throat drops.

Congestion Relief
    This product isn't really meant for congestion relief and therefore doesn't provide any.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    These will soothe a dry, itchy, moderately sore throat. However, for very sore throats I would not recommend using these to alleviate them.

Cough Suppression
    These drops will also help with a cough but are not as effective as the medicated drops for colds and coughs.

• Cough Suppression:

Effective but leaves a film on your teeth

Comments about Ludens Wild Cherry Great Tasting Throat Drops:

Ludens Wild Cherry Great Tasting Throat Drops are very effective at helping soothe a sore throat. They are definitely my "go to" throat drop when I feel a sore throat coming on. I speak a lot during the day at my job and need to manage my sore throat as soon as I notice it. I really like how these throat drops are somewhat long lasting. I find that it takes me 15-20 minutes to take one of these throat drops and the relief lasts anywhere from an hour to 90 minutes. The one aspect of these throat drops that I do not like is that they leave a very noticeable film on my teeth. I feel that these throat drops could possibly damage my teeth due to this film. The only real way to get rid of this film is to brush your teeth.

Congestion Relief
    I don't think these throat drops do a lot of congestion. They do help relieve the sore throat symptoms that often accompany post-nasal drip.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    These throat drops to not relieve general aches and pains but are effective at relieving sore throat pain.

• Cough Suppression:

Not a good cough drop, taste like delicious cherry candy though.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Ludens Wild Cherry Great Tasting Throat Drops:

I'm always interested in trying out new products, and I saw the Ludens Wild Cherry Great tasting drops and decided to try them out. I was hoping for a great tasting cough drops but these just didn't cut it for me.

They taste and work like a hard candy, and not like a throat numbing cough drop. I felt like they barely soothed my throat, if at all. I don't feel like these are meant for a sore throat, or a cold. I still had a hacking cough and my throat was in terrible pain. I had to go out and buy different cough drops.

I finished these when my cold was over because they were delicious, but I would not buy these again if I had a sore throat, especially a severe one. I would buy these to have them as a candy though, but if I need a good cough drop I will just stick to my beloved cherry Halls.

Congestion Relief
    I didn't get any congestion relief from these, they were delicious, but they didn't work for my cold/sore throat at all.

Chest Congestion Relief
    They didn't give me any chest congestion relief.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    They didn't relieve any throat pain, and they definitely did not relieve any aches.

Cough Suppression
    They didn't suppress my cough at all, not even in the slightest bit. My throat was still sore and painful. It didn't have any numbing effect.

Love these!

from TN

Comments about Ludens Wild Cherry Great Tasting Throat Drops:

I remember these cough drops from when I was a little kid. Ludens Throat Drops were the only throat drops that I could use. My favorite thing about these is that they do not contain menthol in them. That makes them perfect for me because the menthol in other drops burned my mouth really badly. These throat drops are perfect because they always helped with my sore throat and coughing spells. I would start coughing so bad that I could not stop and having one of these drops really controlled that. Holding it in my mouth soothed my throat and got rid of the itchy feeling in my throat so the coughing pretty much stopped. I think these are great for kids too because they actually taste good instead of tasting like a medicine. I will definitely use these for my daughter when she is older. I recommend these drops to anyone who wants some relief from a sore throat because they do help. They are the only throat drop that I use.

Cough Suppression
    These really helped with my coughing. They would get rid of the itchy feeling in my throat that would keep me coughing and coughing for so long.

Great tasting

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Ludens Wild Cherry Great Tasting Throat Drops:

They truly are the best tasting throat drops around. I usually buy a huge value bag at the drugstore before cold season starts. My mouth gets very dry from coughing and not being able to breath through my nose, plus the air is dry where I work so in turn my throat gets very soar. My throat also gets soar from all the drainage you get from a cold. And that can all lead to the coughing.

Congestion Relief
    Doesn't really help clear my sinus' just soothes my throat and helps keep my cough tame.

Chest Congestion Relief
    It more or less just helps me ease my cough or stop coughing all together so I guess it kind of helps with chest congestion in a way.

Relief of Aches & Pains
    The only thing it helps to do is soothe my throat especially when I have to talk at work.

Cough Suppression
    It does help with my cough because sometimes I cough due to the fact that the air is dry where I work and when I talk my mouth tends to dry up faster. Plus when you have a cold you can't always breath through your nose so you tend to do a lot more mouth breathing and that dries up your mouth even more. Between water and these drops I am able to get through my work day.