3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

Mucinex Mini-Melts a good solution for kids with congestion

Mucinex Mini-Melts for Kids works quickly and tastes great!

Mucinex Mini-Melts for Kids works quickly and tastes great!

If you have kids then you know how difficult it can be to get them to take medicine. Not only are they miserable and cranky from being sick, they also have to contend with yucky tasting medicine that is either forced down or secretly added to their foods or drinks, these attemps typically result in a crying child and a frustrated parent.

Kids may be little but they aren't stupid they quickly learn to put up a good fight when they see the spoon coming their way. If this sounds familiar then Mucenix Mini-Melts is a great addition to your medicine chest.

Mucinex Mini-Melts come in a variety of flavors and the individual packets makes it easy to take them on the go. Each packet contains granules that you pour on your childs tongue, or mix in a sippy cup with a favorite juice.

My son was hesitant but a good sport his first time trying it, which turned out to be a huge success! He says "it taste like a pixie stick, yum"

Now for the next hurdle. Does it work? Yes, another success. Within 30 minutes there was a noticeable improvement that lasted a good 4 to 5 hours.

It's a little pricey but well worth it in the end.

It taste like candy but it's not so please make sure to keep this medication out of reach of your children

Melts in your mouth and helps that nasty cough

There are all kinds of reasons for mucus (ugh I hate to even write the word!) but when it gets really bad as a parent you hate to hear your child coughing and hacking away. Of course I use Vicks Vapor Rub and a humidifier but sometimes I just want them to feel better faster so I'll turn to a medicine like **Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids. **

I like that **Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids **comes in those tiny little packages. I don't have to do any measuring of medicine. I also don't have to worry about spills of messy sticky medicine on the floor, counter, or my kids pajama's.

Unfortunately, you have to stay on schedule with **Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids **and when you do you feel like you are just giving your kid medicine over and over again. I wish it lasted longer and that there were more natural ingredients and remedies available. And, to be honest, my daughter's don't really like the taste so it means a fight every time I try to give it to them.

Knowing all that, even though it helps with the congestion it's hard to say yes, I recommend it. But if that works for you then **Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids **will too.

Congestion Relief
It is effective relief.

Chest Congestion Relief
It breaks the mucus down, but it's not magic and takes quite a few doses consistently given in order to be effective.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Not designed for that, but their throat does feel better when they aren't coughing so much.

Cough Suppression
It suppresses the cough, because there is less mucus.

works like a charm

from las vegas, nv

About Me Caregiver

Pros

• Easy To Administer
  • Relieves Symptoms Fast

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

• Itchy Eyes
  • Runny Nose & Sneezing
  • Sore Throat

Comments about Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids:

The best part is that it is so easy to give to picky children who will spit out medicine. Also when your child is sick you do not want to have to take the time to measure out teaspoonsful. My child didn't mind the taste and he is very picky. It seemed to work fast enough. I believe its a little on the expensive side but really worth the cost when it comes to the best choice for your child. I really don't have anything bad to say.

The best for my kids.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids:

It is really hard to find a medicine brand that you trust when it comes to something that you are going to be giving to your children. Every time my children come home sick with a cough, this is the first thing that I give them. These are little tablets that you give to your children and they put them on their tongue and they dissolve really quickly. This makes it really easy to give a child who already doesn't feel good medicine, as I have found that my kids love to fight me on a lot of different medicines, this is one that they never have a problem taking. This helps really well with their cough, it seems that within a few hours of taking this they are already feeling a lot better and their cough has dramatically changed. I do noticed that it does loosen up everything that is congesting them so that when they do cough they sometimes have a lot of stuff come up with it, but this is clearing them out and making them better in the end. My kids also sleep a lot when they are taking this, it makes them relax a lot and then they fall asleep and rest up so that they are all better.

• Cough Suppression:

these things are terrible and not safe

Comments about Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids:

First of all, some of these ingredients and medicines should not be given to young kids. Secondly, the kids who are old enough to take it, don't like it. My two kids both tried it once and hated the taste. I tried it, and I must say that I don't blame them at all. Finally, this doesn't offer any of the benefits that mucinex does in terms of clearing out congestion.

Doesnt work...

from Florida

Comments about Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids:

I don't know what all the hype about Mucinex is. I haven't seen anything that fantastic with it. The childrens version isn't any better. The only reason that I bought it to have in the medicine cabinet is it was on sale and a friend said it worked well.
I was very let down when I purchased it. I gave it to two of the kids that I was nannying for at the time. They both were sick, and suffering from congestion and bad coughs. There mother said they had taken the mini melts before so I gave them both a dosage and waited. It ended up doing more bad than good at least with the older one. She within an hour was complaining of an upset stomach and threw up. With the younger all it did was make her drowsy, it didn't help either of there coughs, and they were both congested.
Even on sale it wasn't worth the price, it didn't do anything it said it would. I would not reccomend it, and it just cemented the fact that I don't like Mucinex products.

Relief of Aches & Pains
They weren't complaining of being achy so I can't attest to this.

Cough Control

from Stuart, FL

Comments about Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids:

I used Mucinex Cough Mini Melts for Kids on my son not to long ago and was quite pleased. He had been feeling kinda bad over the weekend and I knew that he was coming down with a cold or the flu. I was hoping that it was just a cold and it turned out that indeed it was just that , a cold. It started with a little cough on Sunday afternoon when we were out at the movies. I gave him a cough drop that I had in my purse and it seemed to help for a little bit. Anyway on the way home I stopped at the drug store and went in to purchase him something for his cough. I didn't want him to wake up in the middle of the night and not have anything to give him. I went to the cold and flu isle and started looking. I could not believe all the medications they have! It would have taken hours to read everyone of those packages. I went frantically to the pharmacist and asked which one I needed . I told him what was going on and he suggested I try the Mucinex Cough Minimelts for kids. He helped me find them and I purchased them. Later that night as I was getting my son ready for bed I over heard him coughing again so I went to the bathroom medicine cabinet and grabbed the Mucinex that I had just purchased and gave him one. Well after a few minutes he wasn't coughing and he slept very peaceably that night. The Mucinex worked wonderfully. I took him to the pediatrician the next day and he said there was just a bad cold that kids were passing back and forth and that as long as he wasn't running a fever to continue to use the Mucinex and make sure he washes his hands.
It was great finding Mucinex Cough minimelts. My son likes the way they taste so it is a lot easier to get him to take it. I love the way it works. I have used the other products by Mucinex but had never run across the children s.

• Cough Suppression:

Kids will take it without fighting you

from Fountain Valley, CA

Comments about Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids:

Don't you hate it when your kids get sick. I'm not talking about the yucky stuff either. I'm talking about getting them to take the medicine. That's the tricky part. When my kids get a cold and start that dreaded cough from the post nasal drip I always turn to the Mucinex cough melts. My Dr. introduced me to them with a sample years ago. A lot of parents make the mistake of just giving cough medicine to surpress the cough. You need to give an expectorant to get the phlegm up. Alot of those expectorants taste nasty. You can just smell that horrid mediciny smell and as an adult you don't even want to taste it. These mini melts are sold in a box with individual packets. It's perfect for those younge kids who just refuse or spit out there medicine. These granuals taste good and melt immediatly in there mouth. They are a little more pricey than the other liquid medicines,however to me it's well worth it. You can't go wrong with this item.

• Cough Suppression:

A favored form of medicine for little ones!

Comments about Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids:

This product is a great way to help parents administer medicine to their children more easily. As usual, we have had a tough time getting our son to take medicine in the past. We picked up a box of Mucinex "crystals", as our son calls them, on a whim to see if we could get him to more willingly take cough medicine in this form. We were happily surprised to find that he favored this form of cough suppressant. Now, we no longer have to deal with the headache of calming his cough in addition to the anguish having a sick little one already entails. This product is a blessing for parents and children alike! No more coughing fits worsened by a child getting worked up about medicine that they don't like.

• Cough Suppression:

The intentions of this product are many but it is still wanting.

Comments about Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids:

It seems the original concept of this product was worthy but after had tried it I was not at all impressed.It was ideal for a sore throat but did nothing for my cough or pains..I do feel with additional research many of the areas that need further innovation will indeed see an ideal Cough& Cold treatment.I do suppose with a very competitive market one has to see a cutting edge to allow a product to be successful.This product allows for advantages but only dedication will allow it to be a winner

Mucinex Cough Mini Melts makes it easy to melt away the cough

from Lansing, MI

Comments about Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids:

My kids aren't sick often, but when they are it's usually a cold or cough. With a stuffy nose cold I tend to let them ride it out. With a cough however, it can cause them to lose sleep if it isn't under control at night. One particularly strong round of a cough my husband picked up Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts to help soothe the coughs.

While the little ones haven't been horrible about taking medication, the Mini-Melts help immensely with administering meds. Mucinex Mini-Melts are a cough suppressant and expectorant. Instead of being in a liquid or pill form, this is in a powder form in a small packet, similar to the water enhancers.

Chest Congestion Relief
I'm not sure the expectorant portion did much for the kids really. It still took several days for the cough to dissipate.

Cough Suppression
During the day I let the kids cough their way through the day as that helps bring the gunk up faster. Unfortunately if they continue coughing through the night they (and me) will get no sleep, making for crabby kiddos (and momma). So I've always administered the Mucinex Mini Melts at night as a last resort. Upon giving my son a package, he was off to bed with his cough ceasing shortly after. The package states for children 4-6 years to take 1 packet every 4 hours. Seems like it allowed my son to sleep through the night, which I was grateful for.

Mucinex Cough Mini Melts: Easy to Take Medicine for Kids

from Houston, TX

Comments about Mucinex Cough Mini-Melts for Kids:

Kids, like adults, often have problems with excess mucus and it can be very annoying and frustrating for them and the adults around them. Worse, kids often do not like to take medicines due to the bad taste and other factors. But there is an effective alternative and it is known as **Mucinex Cough Mini- Melts** for Kids.

**Medicine Commentary:**

Mucinex Cough Mini- Melts for Kids come in several different kid- pleasing flavors like bubble gum, orange, and others. They contain the active ingredient Guaifenesin (100 mg), which acts as an expectorant and like regular Mucinex for adults, this product relieves chest congestion and thins out mucus, helping to rid young bodies of this annoyance.

Mucinex Cough Mini- Melts for Kids helps to break up mucus for better breathing and it comes in great flavors. But the main quality that sets this product apart from others is its form. It isn’t a pill or liquid, it instead consists of tiny bits of medicine. Often, kids will refuse to take medicine due to its form and/or taste, but they have no problem taking Mucinex Cough Mini- Melts. You just open a pack, pour into a child’s mouth, and tell them to swallow it. It’s like taking candy- something that most any child is more than willing to do.

One thing to keep in mind with Mucinex Cough Mini- Melts is that the small bits should not be chewed. The product is not powdery as one might expect- it actually consists of small chunks. Kids need to swallow them the way they are, aided with a glass of water, if necessary. They should not be chewed due to the odd taste that can often result.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Kids often hate taking pills and strongly dislike liquid medicines as well, but Mucinex Cough Mini- Melts solves this problem with its easy- to- take formula. It is simple to dose, tastes good, and goes to work quickly to break up mucus, making it a favorite among youngsters and adults alike.

Congestion Relief
Helps break up congestion with relative ease

Chest Congestion Relief
Loosens chest congestion very nicely