Other Misc. Toys:
Little Tikes
Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest

Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest

Pros

• Closes securely (3)
  • Decorative design (3)
  • Solid construction (3)

• Personal (3)

Much more than a toy box!

The **Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest** was given to my daughter when she was two years old.  At the time, most of her toys were too big to fit inside but that didn't stop her older brother and her from finding other uses for it.  They discovered how much fun it was to sit inside of the toy chest and play pretend.  So not only was this a toy chest, but also a race car, pirate ship, play house and more (with adorable pictures to prove it).  The kids had plenty of room inside for themselves and lots of their toys.  Even our beloved dog, Daisy, wasn't excluded from the fun (safely supervised, of course).

Flash forward two years and this is still a much-used and favorite item in our household.  The kids don't climb inside of it as much as they used to but it now holds many of their favorite possessions.  There is ample room for lots of toys but the **Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest** doesn't overwhelm our playroom and make it feel small.

I'm a neurotic mom who likes things neat and easy to find.  Therefore, most of my children's smaller toys are organized and put away elsewhere, making the toy chest perfect for all of their larger items such as soccer balls, baseball bats, skateboards, guitars, guitars, and more guitars (can you tell that my kids have a fondness for music?).

The **Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest** is of excellent quality.  It's easy to clean, can take a pounding from my rambunctious kids, and is made of a hard durable plastic that seems like it could last forever.  I only wish that my children could stay young forever with it.  I guess I'll just have keep it for my grandkids because I'm endeared to this toy chest and have no plans to part with it anytime soon.

Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest doesn't solve the toy problem

Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest doesn't solve the toy problem. We have several children which means we have a lot of toys. I thought the little Tikes Giant Toy Chest would solve the problem of what to do with all the toys. It does provide storage but not organization which is what we really needed. Everything gets dumped in it and little pieces get mixed up and lost.

Even bigger toys that have many pieces get separated and the kids have to dump everything out to find what they want and usually what they want is on the bottom and so in a short time the room is a mess. Then when its time to clean up, they throw everything back in-unsorted so it just gets worse and worse. Barbie stuff, legos, game pieces, nerf bullets and guns. Wish we would have boght something with multiple bins instead. Then we could locate the toys we want to play with and all the parts would be together, and the kids would learn something about organization.

The best use for this Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest would be to store one type of toy-for instance all the yard yoys, all balls or all stuffed animals.

This is perfect

from Eureka, CA

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Closes Securely
  • Decorative Design
  • Solid Construction

Comments about Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest:

I bought this for my daughter 7 years ago and it still works and looks like new. Its perfect

Space Saver

from evansville, in

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Closes Securely
      • Decorative Design
      • Solid Construction

• toy box

Comments about Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest:

We have recently set up a play room in the basement and had one small toy box with all other toys just stacked about. This was really a life saver for a lot of the mess we had down there. It is a nice size so we can fit several items in it. Mainly larger stuffed animals and all the dolls are what we placed in it. It's very sturdy and hard plastic so an adult can sit on it without it bending in or cracking. The kids though frowned upon climb in it and on it and haven't damaged anything yet. The pink and white design is really cute together and perfect for my girls. It has made clean up and storage a breeze and made my kids playroom look so much larger without the mess all about the room. We put stuffed animals on top too when not playing with items inside. The lid closes tight and is very light weight so the little ones can remove themselves.

• Personal
        • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great durable chest

from Richmondville, ny

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Closes Securely
        • Decorative Design
        • Durable
        • Smooth Hinges
        • Solid Construction

• Toy storage

Comments about Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest:

I can't say enough good things about this toy chest. It has ample space for toys. It is durable and long lasting. Kids can jump off it, on it, in it and the chest stays together and doesn't lose shape. I've tried so many toy chests. I have three kids and they never seem to last. The search is over. If you're looking for a chest that will survive long after your kids have grown.... this is the one to buy

• Personal

A great storage solution.

Comments about Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest:

I bought two of the Little Tikes giant toy chests and they are great! My kids both had toy organizers in their rooms for smaller toys but I wanted something for the larger toys as well. This worked perfectly! It holds a lot of toys. While it is a bit on the expensive side, it is worth it. It is made with children in mind, I don't worry about their safety because there is no way for them to pinch their fingers in the toy box. Another great thing is that it is very sturdy and I see it lasting for a very long time. Yes, there are cheaper toy boxes out there, but they are not of this quality and size.

Bigger isn't always better.

Comments about Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest:

The quality of this toy box is great. It can also be found for great low prices at most big box stores or toy stores. Since this is such a large toy box, many things can be stored inside. I personally would only recommend this for larger toys. Smaller toys eventually sink to the bottom and are very hard to find.

great for all kids

from Glen Daniel, WV

Comments about Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest:

this is the best toy bax i have seen and also my daughter has one so i give it a big heads up.. the kids love it easy to use and open . Dosent take up alot of room. everyone is happy kids parents and also grandpaprents they can put alot in this toy box it is nice.

The toy chest held everything and matched my girls room perfect!

from Amory, MS

Comments about Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest:

This chest was so easy. Even my two year old could help clean her room. The chest is so easy to clean. I bleached it back to its original color through years of use. I would recommend it to anyone with kids. It was a lifesaver in my two year old class of preschoolers. This chest is a must have for every independent toddler.

Pricey but will last a lifetime

from Mason, OH

Comments about Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest:

I love this toy box - it is so durable, it can be passed down to cousins, grandkids, and more. It is easy to clean and matches almost any room decor for girls and they make one for boys with a blue lid too. I like that the inside and outside of this toy box can be cleaned with just about any cleaning product including bleach, magic erasers and other heavy duty cleaners. I like that the lid doesn't close all the way in the front so that my kids' little fingers do not get smashed when the lid accidentally closes or is closed too fast. I wish that the lid was somehow attached though instead of just sitting on the top of the toy box. It is easy to totally knock it off the toy box and too heavy for kids to put back on by themselves. I will always buy one of these for my kids and my nieces and nephews. I even bought one for my classroom. I let the students decorate the lid and the sides with markers and then we can clean it off to redecorate.

Little Tikes Toy Chest - Storage, Lightweight & Great Colors!

from York, PA

Comments about Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest:

We bought 2 of these Little Tikes Storage Chests for each of our two kids. I love that they make one in pink and one in blue, this way my kids can keep their toys in seperate storage areas and know which colors has their toys. It's very easy to move from place to place, even with toys in it. Also, it is much bigger inside than it looks in the pictures. It really holds quite a lot of big toys with extra space left over. I also like that this storage chest is low enough to the ground for my kids to open it them selves and get toys out!

it is a sturdy product

from Mustang, OK

Comments about Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest:

This is a  sturdy toy my girls used to love play in thiers. It stays closed and holds a lot of toys. I really liked it for my girls and they seemed to enjoy it to. They would also pick up thier toys more with it.