Other Misc. Home Appliances:
Lennox
Lennox Merit Series 14ACX Air Conditioner

Lennox Merit Series 14ACX Air Conditioner

Good operation, but issues early on.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Lennox Merit Series 14ACX Air Conditioner:

While my unit is operating just fine now, I had some issues with it early on. About a month after it was installed (and used for about a week), the pressure switch flipped the unit off. It required a new valve and the pipes to be cleaned. Not sure why they would need to be cleaned and cleared after using it a week, but it is working now.

So quickly cool, cost-effective, and quiet!!

from Urbandale, IA

Comments about Lennox Merit Series 14ACX Air Conditioner:

We have been Lennox customers for over 20 years. When our 20 year old Lennox furnace and the 30+ year old air conditioner (installed when the house was built) both needed replacing before last winter, we called Lennox as usual. With their typical great customer service, they  sold us this energy efficient air conditioner that qualified for the energy tax discount along with our new furnace.

Now I admit our original air  conditioner was OLD and we were lucky, I suppose, that it was still running.  But it took 1 hour per degree to cool our home down when we had  to restart it after being gone on vacation or misjudging (or disagreeing about) the heat of the Iowa day.   If it was 86 degrees when we got home at 6 pm, it was still an intolerable (for me) 82 degrees at bedtime.  I ended up measuring how long it took this ancient cooler to get our home a comfortable but still relatively conservative 76 degress, so I could sleep. Added to this was the big, noisy clunk with which it turned on and off, which was frequent.

With our miserably long winter and relatively cool spring (what there was of it), I waited impatiently for our new air conditioner's first home cooling test. The day came when I returned from work to find the house at 80 degrees, and got to turn the new Lennox on to see how it performed. Within 10 minutes, it had gone down to 79 degrees, and proceeded its way to a comfortable temperature within less than an hour. It runs quietly and efficiently.   Soon we will be able to assess the savings of this unit, but I am quite happy with the results in comfort!

Lennox Airconditioner- So Cool !! :)

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Lennox Merit Series 14ACX Air Conditioner:

First off I need to commend Rolond J Downs. They installed our new Lennox central air and ran vents all through the house in one day. Excellent service from them. The air conditioner works fantastically. It cools every room just the way we like. We have never had a problem with it. The Air Conditioner it'self is very quiet you do not even hear it running. We set it at one temp and it keeps the house very comfortable. I like the fact that we do not have to keep changing the settings on it. Not to mention the Corrosion-resistant cabinet. I was a bit hesitant at first because I wanted a Carrier but now I am a Lennox fan. Love It !!!!