4.9
Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven

Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven

4.9

• Ease of Handling:

This is the best Dutch Oven ever!

from Menlo Park, CA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Distributes Heat Evenly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Heats Quickly
  • Non-Stick
  • Retains Heat

Cons

• Handle Gets Hot
  • Heavy / Bulky

• Elaborate Meals
  • Gifts
  • Large Kitchens
  • Simple Meals
  • Small Kitchens

Comments about Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven:

Our Le Creuset Dutch Oven is a fabulous kitchen item! It is beautiful to look at, easy to cook with, and easy to clean. Basic foods turn into magical and delicious masterpieces using this Dutch Oven!

I would definitely buy this again if needed

from Poplar Bluff Missouri

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Distributes Heat Evenly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Handle Stays Cool
  • Heats Quickly
  • Non-Stick
  • Retains Heat

• Gifts
    • Simple Meals
    • Small Kitchens

Comments about Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven:

I use it at least 2xs a week for Supper Meals. Love it totally for Hubby and mine's meals.

Quality brand, solid product

from Orange County, CA

Comments about Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven:

We have been using Le Creuset for 10 years in our home. They are a quality brand with solid products that last a long time. Even though the products are expensive, they are worth the investment because of the durability - they will last a long time and endure heat.

Doesn't Stick
    The best feature about this French Oven is that it doesn't stick. We make stews in the pot all the time and we will even first brown onions in the pot. The onion won't stick to the bottom of the pot - you won't have to use non-stick spray, which may alter the flavor of your food.

Ease of Handling
    The handles make the pot easy to pick up and they don't get hot. The only downside that is it is a French Oven and is heavy so it's hard if you want to tilt the pot to one side and only use one hand.

Overall, it's very easy to clean. After several uses, normal wear is expected, like a little bit of staining. I wish I can keep it bright and stain-free. Maybe I haven't figured out a good way to deep clean the pot.

We have had our 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven for 3 years and it's still in excellent condition. We use it at least once a month and plan to continue using the product.

Solid Functional Pot that looks good too

from Loveland, OH

Comments about Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven:

I have owned my Le Creuset dutch oven for almost 10 years now and I love it just as much now as I did when I received it as a wedding present. I use it to make soups and stews and even to brown chicken. The pot is super sturdy, it is heavy and will hold up over time. I also appreciate that the glaze inside the pot has not eroded like some other non stick products often do. My dutch oven came in the nicest shade of blue and the outside paint has not chipped or faded over numerous washings. If I had any complaint it would be that I can't put the dutch oven in the dish washer, but it is relatively easy to clean out by hand. The dutch oven is the perfect size for making a large batch of chili on a cool fall day. It holds enough soup for at least ten to twelve servings. There are always leftovers when I cook using the dutch oven. I would recommend this as a wedding present for any person looking to improve their cooking skills and make their kitchen more beautiful.

Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven is a must have

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven:

I would say that if you're seriously into cooking, then you must buy the Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven. You can makes soups, stews, sautes and much more. The great thing about this French Oven is that you can cook things at high temperatures without damaging it. Sometimes you will find that if you fry something in a traditional pan, the oil will stick or crust onto it and it is impossible to get rid of. That doesn't happen with this French Oven and you will find that you can scrape most things off. Another great thing is that you can put it into the oven! This is great for pot roasts and the like because it will be a one pot meal. The Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven is very hefty but also very durable. It is quite expensive, but trust me, it will last you forever so it is a great investment for you in the long run. I only have one, but I'm thinking about buying another one because I love it so much.

• Ease of Handling:

Cost doesn't out way the product

Comments about Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven:

The Le Creuset is a beautiful product. Cast iron, enamel, easy clean up, multi function but the cost.....oh the cost.

Doesn't Stick
    Items such as a casserole will stick a little in the pan but the clean up is very easy. Because of the enamel coating you need to take care not to use a wire scrubbing pad but anything else is great.

Heat Distribution
    Even heat distribution, it is cast iron, great on the stove top or in the oven. You can bake in it or sauté with confidence and ease. It holds the heat beautifully and will cook even no matter where or what your heat source

Ease of Handling
    It is heavy, it is not for the person who doesn't have a lot of strength. If it is in the oven full of casserole it is difficult to lift out. But on the upside, if you are cooking on the stove top the heavy design makes for a no slip or move pan.

The pan cleans up with ease. If you burn something on, a soak will remove but you can also boil it off, It can also go in the dishwasher because of the enamel coasting on the cast iron.

It is beautiful. The colors are wonderful, it really is the new age of the cast iron. If you see Le Creuset in someones home, it looks so nice and it makes you envious. The weight of the pan is great but not for the weak, it is heavy.

It will last for generations as long as you don't chip the enamel. It has the durability of cast iron and it can take some abuse but the enamel can scratch if you try really hard and if you drop it on a hard surface you can chip the enamel off which will result in sticking and continued chipping.

• Ease of Handling:

A fine brand to be trusted

Comments about Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven:

I LOVE to make slow cook meals and things I can just let go and go. This Le Creuset French Oven is the first one I had ever bought. I was told that I would know it was a great product but seeing how much it weighs and man, this thing weigh a ton. To me, that meant it was going to hold its heat, hold it well, and cook evenly. The thing I like most about it is the durability. I have had this French Oven for about 6 years now and it doesn't even have one scratch on it. It comes with a little rubber protector thing that if you put it on the lid after you're done each time, it should help protect it and keep it looking new! I also like that I can cook with it on my stove top or in the oven. The only downfall I see is that it IS very heavy and you could easily drop it if you aren't careful, and I am pretty sure it would chatter. All in all I would say go ahead and get it, it is worth your money!

Doesn't Stick
    It can get some cooked on reside but scrubs off easily

I like this oven

from Santa Barbara, CA

Comments about Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven:

I like cooking very much, so I have a lot of things in my kitchen. It can be used for almost anything, dumplings, noodles, milk and soup. It also has great colors. The material is good, you know, it's light. It is also very easy to clean. So, I use it almost every day. I've had it for about 2 years. It still looks beautifle now, not broken. It deserves the money, and I cannot think of any thing no good. I recommend other guys to try it. It's awesome really.

I love my Le Creuset cookware!

from Jefferson City, MO

Comments about Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven:

I have this exact item, that my mother gave to me. I was so excited to receive it because i have seen them in the store and on TV repeatedly. Everything I had read and heard about this cookware is absolutely true. It cooks evenly and things just seem more delicious when I use my Le Creuset. The pot is so attractive that I have placed it on a buffet for serving. The color and design are stylish and appealing. I find it is super easy to clean and just an outstanding addition to my kitchen ware. I have since collected several other pieces and enjoy using all of them. I am happy that there is such a range of colors to choose from and so pleased with the way great food cooks in this heavy and beautiful pan.

You need it!

from Hattiesburg, MS

Comments about Le Creuset 5 1/2 Quart Round French Oven:

I have had my Le Creuset French oven for over a year and absolutely love it! I love cooking with cast iorn but have never been very good about "seasoning" my pots - now I do not have to. I have the convienience of the easy clean/care enamel and the reliability of the cast iron cooking. I find that my french oven can cut the time in half when cooking meat (especially a large cut like pork shoulder). The meat comes out juicy and fabulous every time. This style of pot comes in different colors to match any decor and are pretty enough to use as a serving piece. I have not purchased less expensive styles of this product and am not sure about their durability - however I am sure my Le Creuset will last a life time. The only draw back to this product is the price and weight. Happy Cookin'!