Other Cookwares:

Circulon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven

Pros

Cons

Circulon 5 Quart Dutch Oven

I recieved the circulon contempo 5 quart dutch oven as a Christmas present and I just love to death.  I dont now why I havn't purchased one sooner.  I have used the dutch oven very frequently since Christmas.  The size is perfect to cook for a family of four.  The pot is very heavy and I love the the fact that it has the non stick qualities.  The price is very reasonable from what I have looked at in stores.  I didnt purchase the one I have since it was a gift.  The lid is very snugg to the pot which lets out no steam and is also shatter resistent.  I also love that the handles are made out of silicon and never get hot.  I like the dutch oven since it can be used to make multipe items such as soups, chilli, roasts in the oven and my favorite dish so for was the marinated ribs in the dutch oven.  The food cooks very evenly and has no hot spots that burn due to the heavy gauge hard anodized construction.  The dutch oven is safe up to 400 degrees F.  Cleaning is very simple just wash with hot soapy water and wipe dry.  I would recommend the circulon 5quart dutch oven to anyone looking for an affordable pan that can be used in multiple different ways such as on the stove and also in the oven.

best dutch oven for cooking beef stew!!!!!

I love this Circlon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven!!! I cook with it at least once a week. My favorite thing to make in it is beef stew. The stew comes out nice and tender. The vegetables cook nicely in it, and also they do not stick to the bottom of the pan. The one thing I do not like about it is it is not dishwasher safe. I don't like washing it in the sink because it is too heavy for me to hold up, so I would prefer it to be washed in the dishwasher. Another thing I love to cook in my dutch oven is pot roast. It is my family's favorite. I can't get any other product to cook it as well as this does. One thing that does not come out well for me is chicken casserole. It came out a little too soggy for my liking. I tried it again thinking it was just the weather, but it came out the same. I would recommend this product to anyone who likes to cook Sunday meals for their family. This is one of my favorite kitchen products.

nice dutch oven

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Circulon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven:

I have several dutch ovens and the Circulon Comtempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven is one of them. I love this dutch oven. It is 5 quarts, so it is large enough to cook a meal for my family of five. It is perfect to put a roast in along with some potatoes, green beans, carrots and onions. It is non stick, so that's a plus. It is kind of heavy, but I consider that a sign of its quality and durability. It isn't thin and flimsy. Which means it will last longer. I like that the lid is shatterproof since I have three children. It also fits tightly, so it won't fall off when you take it out of the oven. The handles are great because they don't get hot, so I do't have to worry about burning myself when I pick it up. It heats evenly and cooks the food perfectly. And it is easy to clean with hot soapy water. I wouldn't recommend that it be put in the dishwasher, I always wash mine by hand. You can make soups in this dutch oven as well as many other dishes. It's a wonderfully handy thing to have in your kitchen and I highly recommend it to anyone.

non stick dutch oven

Comments about Circulon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven:

it is a non stick dutch oven. It is a old model and the non stick surface is of low grade material. It started sticking only after a few weeks of cooking. Not recommend it. Besides, the handles stick out too far and very often they get in your way when you try to reach for another pot that is behind the dutch oven. Therefore, it is not very practical at all.

Circulon Contempo 5 quart dutch oven is for me

from Pahrump, NV

Comments about Circulon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven:

I really like this it is perfect for my needs. The size is right and I can make a family size stew or a big pot of beans and ham. I am looking forward to showing off my new dutch oven 5 quart. I have so many meals I can make with this including lamb stew, beef stew, rice, pasta, sauces, ham hocks, vegetable soup, pea soup, noodle soup, clam chouder soup, beef barley soup, chicken soup, chicken and dumplings, boiled chicken, lobster, crab, shrimp scampi, and gravies. I am excited about using this to entertain my friends and family. I can use this for birthday parties, get togethers, christmas, wedding parties, baby showers, and just everday cooking. This dutch oven looks nice and people will be complimenting my cooking, and asking where they can buy a dutch oven. I am considering giving my sister and my aunt one for their birthday. My son also said he would love to have one too. I am very happy about this dutch oven and have the perfect place to keep it in my kitchen. It will make me a great cook and able to please my husbands healthy eating diet.

Circulon 5 Quart Dutch Oven

from Milwaukee, WI

Circulon Contempo 5-quart dutch oven -cooking like the pros

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Circulon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven:

I was tired of the lightweight dutch ovens that didn't heat evenly,and wore out quickly so I shopped around quite a long time before deciding just what pan I would purchase. When I found the Circulon Comtempo pans I knew that was the one I wanted.  Boy I am so glad I did. This Dutch oven is made of a heavy guage hard anodized construction which not only promotes fast, but even heating. The five quart size makes it perfect for making soups and stews for the family. And this pan is made to be used on top of the stove or in the oven. Either way the outcome of the food is wonderful. It will hold a even temperature at a simmer or on high. And everyone who has tried to move a full pot of soup around will appreciate that the lid and handles stay cool. The pan is totally nonstick inside and out making it a breeze to clean up. I love the contemporary look and find it very professional looking in the kitchen. The handles are easy to grip and are slip free. Works great in the oven. While this is my first piece of Circulon I can tell you it won't be my last. Just sorry I didn't buy one years ago.

love this dutch oven

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Circulon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven:

i own other pieces in the circulon collection as well as other brands (high end) and this dutch oven is overall the perfect size for my needs.  it browns food evenly and quickly and has been extremely easy to clean up and maintain.  soups and stews always turn out the way they are supposed to ...the bottom never burns in a thick stew.  the handles are easy to grasp and stay cool and are far enough away from the pot that you dont risk steam burns when draining pasta or transferring soups into serving bowls.. over all its a very good dutch oven and would recomend it friends or give as a gift.

When my husband buried our food in the ground in this dutch oven

from Fayetteville, PA

Comments about Circulon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven:

I bought this Circulon contempo Dutch Oven for my boyfriend when we first  met.  He diden't say why he wanted it, just that he did. I bought it. He told me to put any kind of meat in it wirh vegtables. I picked Pork with carrots, peas and potatoes. He then took it outsided and put in in this hole he had hot coals in and processed to bury it!! I stood  there with my mouth open like, "what are u doing"?? he said this is the best way to cook with a Dutch oven. He was right, the meat was sooo tender and the whole thing tasted great, the only thing he did not like about it was the glass top. The third time burying it broke. The pot was also hard to clean all the coal soot off of it. My boyfriend is native american and this is the way he cooks most things, in a pit in the ground. I personaly try to keep my food OFF the ground!!

This Circulon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven is perfect!!!!

from Morse, LA

Comments about Circulon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven:

If your looking for cookware that offers sturdiness, multi-purpose convenience, and easy to clean then this product is for you.  This very sturdy, 5-Quart Dutch oven can be used to cook anything and is sold at an affordable price.   It serves as just the right size whether your looking to cook for a small group of people or for a larger group of people.   It's multi-purpose ability allows for one to cook on top of a stove top range or set it in an oven to slow cook.

Circulon is a great brand and great cooking also

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Circulon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven:

I have a few pieces of Circulon and I love the way they cook and the way they clean up.  Very Easy cleaning.  The pan is eveningly heat distrubuted.  My food doesn't burn with Circulon.  TO me , the top is a nice additive to the pan for cooking.

The Circulon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven is great!!!!

from Plano, TX

Comments about Circulon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven:

The Circulon Contempo 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven is a wonderful product.  I love mine.  It has all the features.  It has the non-stick surface. It has large easy to grip handles that stay cool to the touch when cooking.