4.8
LG
LG GoldStar Over-the-Range Microwave Oven MV1515B

LG GoldStar Over-the-Range Microwave Oven MV1515B

4.8

what a great little machine

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about LG GoldStar Over-the-Range Microwave Oven MV1515B:

we have had this little microwave for years and years. This thing is old faithful! As I write this I sorta cringe even saying that. We have had it for over 7 years and it just keeps going and going. Nothing fancy on this microwave, but overall it does what its suppose to do, heat up our food! It has a few extra fancy buttons on it for rice, bacon, ect, but we generally do not use those buttons. This microwave is used at least 1-5 times a day in our little house and has done us well. I would recommend goldstar. the ease of cleaning inside has been nice as well. We have been careful not to let things explode inside, so that is nice, but overall if something does, its not hard to clean out. And its very nice the turn table comes out to be able to be washed.

• Settings/Features:

Inexpensive, but impressive!

from Eggleston, VA

Comments about LG GoldStar Over-the-Range Microwave Oven MV1515B:

I researched this purchase at Consumer Reporst before buying and found the Godlstar to be rated righ tup there with the higher price brands. I bought mine in 2002 and have not had any problems at all. Very good value.

Good price - great quality

from Keller, TX

Comments about LG GoldStar Over-the-Range Microwave Oven MV1515B:

I bought my house 3 years ago as a repo and had to quickly and inexpensively buy ALL my appliances for my house. Cost was definitely a factor in initially picking out my LG microwave, but after my wonderful experience so far I will buy LG for life. This microwave is easy to clean (when my husband makes a mess) because of the removable turntable. When the electricity goes out in my house I can easily reset the time - some of my other electronics are so difficult I have to break out the manual! It has easy ‘shortcut’ buttons that let me push 1 button to pop popcorn or bake a potato…instead of type in a time and then the start button. It also has a defrost option so when I forget to set out something for dinner I can easily defrost it and cook dinner for my busy family. I’ve seen other microwaves with rust spots on the front door (I’m guessing from poor quality), but I have had this microwave over 3 years and there are NO traces of rust on it. A+ in looks and performance!

Priced Right & Works Great

from Fontana, CA

Comments about LG GoldStar Over-the-Range Microwave Oven MV1515B:

We have a black Goldstar Over-the-Range Microwave with turntable (model MV1515B). It was installed in the home we bought 7 years ago, and the date on it says July 1999.

Consumer Reports give this unit great ratings, similar to those of more expensive brands. Ours has held up wonderfully with no problems. It seems very sturdy and well built. It has an attractive design that does not look aged even though it's more than 10 years old.

This microwave has several auto-touch settings to automatically determine how long to cook or defrost food. Including: potato, popcorn, beverage, casserole, pizza, bacon, fresh vegetable, frozen vegetable, rice, dinner plate, soup/sauce and frozen entrée. There's a "Hold/Warm" button that's handy in case your peas are done before your steak. It'll keep them warmed until dinner time. There's also an "EZOn" button that automatically cooks for one minute (press again to add a minute, etc.) And, my personal favorite are the + and - buttons that add or subtract 10 seconds from your cook time. There are 3 defrost settings: ground meat, chicken and steak/chops and you can enter the food's weight to determine proper defrost time.

The vent part works well - it's kind of noisy, but then it's old and vent fans usually are noisy. The lights work well to illuminate the stovetop.

I would highly recommend this inexpensive, but well made unit to anyone.