Other Cell Phones:

LG Cosmos

Pros

Cons

Happy with my phone

I was hooked on flip phones, but my dad got the Cosmos in a buy one get one deal, and I got the extra one when my old flip phone broke in two. We chose the Cosmos because it was the only phone of it's type that didn't require the additional media package. I have been very happy with it so far. I've had it for about 8 months, and haven't had any problems with it. I purchased a snap-on cover for it, so it's still in great condition without scratches or dings. It has less photo storage than my old phone, but has the option of a micro SD card. I don't do a lot of texting, but appreciate the keypad jusf for adding contact information. The buttons are large enough that they are super easy to use. It seems like a nice, durable phone. It is a little bulkier than most cell phones, but still fits easily into a pocket. It holds a charge for a long time, and the camera works great. For the price, it's a nice phone, and will serve it's purpose well.

Gets the job done, but not without some trouble...

I have had the LG Cosmos (version 2) for over a year now, and I got the phone through a free upgrade on my Verizon account. It is definitely a more basic phone - while it can access the internet and "apps," this is definitely NOT a smartphone, so if you want to go online with your phone, this is not the way to go. Still, for a standard phone to make calls and texts, it does the job. First, the pros: it is a good size, and I really like that it has both the normal "number keys" on the front, as well as the slide-out keypad with the full alphabet keyboard and numbers. Both my mom and I have this phone, and while I prefer the number pad, she prefers the keyboard, so I've seen how people use and like both aspects. The speakerphone is also good, and as for sound quality overall, I've never had an issue. It also takes decent pictures. As for cons: I find that the phone "freezes" periodically, often when Verizon sends their "Daily Scoop" ads and messages. Sometimes the phone also gets "stuck" when texting, meaning you will be typing/sending a text and the phone display doesn't show what you've just texted for a few seconds. Basically the phone needs to catch up with you.

Overall the phone is fine - basic, does the job. Not top of the line, but not bad. If it is free or cheap (as mine was) I would definitely recommend it. As for full sticker price (or even a "discount" of some sort), I would think twice.

I drop this thing all the time, and though the back (battery cover) pops off sometimes, it clicks right back on and keeps working!

Good phone for the price.

Comments about LG Cosmos:

I bought this phone because it was simple and easy to use. I am not a techno geek so I like simple phones. I do not use a data plan. I use this phone for calls and texting only.

It works great. Turns on and off with ease. It has been dropped a few times and keeps on working.

Voice Quality
I have trouble hearing people, on the phone. I use the speaker button so I can hear better, but it does not allow for privacy when I use the speaker function.

Battery Life
The battery lasts for many days. The most I have pushed the battery is three days and I still had one bar of battery left.

I have dropped the phone a few times and it keeps on working. I have no issues with its durability.

This phone is easy to use and that is the reason I purchased it. If I can use it anyone can.

the design is easy to figure out and use. I like the keyboard for texting. It is a great phone. for those looking for a simple easy to use phone with limited frills.

Cool basic phone

Comments about LG Cosmos:

Got this phone as a free replacement phone when my old phone was no longer manufactured. Was scared I would be disappointed but I was not. I love sliding phones and it felt really natural typing with the keyboard.

Slow at times

Voice Quality
No noticeable flaws with phone call's quality.

Has a lot of flaws

Comments about LG Cosmos:

I have had this cell phone for about 9 months. I have had other LG phones before and liked them, but the LG Cosmos seems to have a lot of flaws. The slide out keyboard seems to slide around a little too easily. If you are on the phone, holding it, you can feel it trying to slide open. The keys on the number pad are really small and close together. The "send" and "end" buttons are very narrow and small. It is easy to push the wrong buttons. Also, it takes a really long time for the phone to power on -- like 30 seconds to turn on. That just seems wrong. I like to use my phone to take pictures sometimes, but to get to the micro SanDisk slot, you have to remove the rubber case and open up the phone. It is very complicated and hard to get to. Then, it is very difficult to re-assemble the phone and put the rubber case back on. On the positive side, it does seem to have good sound quality and I like the color screen.

• Battery Life:

Gets the job done, but not without some trouble...

from Pittsburgh, PA

LG Cosmos Cell Phone

from Pangburn, AR

Comments about LG Cosmos:

I used this phone for two years and it held up to LOTS of abuse. For example, my husband, after losing his own, used mine for a time and he works on cars so the phone was in his GREAZY pockets and tolerated drops and bumps and it still worked. I was amazed that the phone would still SLIDE out after all the abuse it took.

Wonderful...and durable.

Voice Quality
Never had any problems with the sound.

Battery Life
Lasted two days at a time for me.

DEFINITELY!! Mine too LOTS of abuse.

Very easy to use.

Slide out QWERTY keyboard and took great pix too!

• Battery Life:

Great sturdy phone, sleek and compact.

from Chico, CA

Comments about LG Cosmos:

I just recently upgraded to the LG cosmos and I love it! I haven't switched over to a data plan yet but I do do a lot of texting so I wanted a phone with a keyboard that comes out.  The LG cosmos is great because it has a large screen so that you can see anything you need to easily. It also has a great camera that has special features like black and white, sepia, negative, and more.  The keyboard slides out of the side and when that happens the screen automatically flips so that you are able to look at it right side up while using the keyboard!  It also has the two top buttons on the side of the phone so that when you use the keyboard you are able to push those buttons to make your choices quickly and effectively!  It has some cool rings that definitely have better sound quality than my last phone so that's always nice! It also has the automatic lock feature which I love since I have kids! My last phone didn't lock at all and my kids were always calling people and what not, on accident.  Overall I love my LG Cosmos!

Voice Quality
It seems pretty scratchy sounding and also it is delayed which is sooo annoying!

good little phone

from Lakewood, WA

Comments about LG Cosmos:

I recently recieved this phone from my dad. I use to have a bare bones basic phone. It's easy to use and is inexpensive. I really like how if I want to text someone just have to slide the phone and it opens up to a keyboard that you can type quickly and shut it when your done.

The camera is ok you can't zoom in or out and it seems a bit grainy or dark when you take pictures inside. you can't really put music on it unless you have a memory card, and it only comes with two demo games.

It's a good little phone for my needs.

The Cosmos doesn't require a media package...that's about it

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about LG Cosmos:

I purchased my Cosmos after my Motorola "Star Trek" phone died. Overall I am happy with the phone, but it definitely has some drawbacks.

The main reason I decided to purchase this phone was because it did not require an inflated media package, but contained a slide out keyboard for easy texting. The phone is adequate with a daily charge. I would say am an average phone user. I do text and talk, but not in excess.

The phone is a bit larger than I would like and it does add bulk to my purse and pocket. I have had no problems with reception or the speaker on the phone.

While I like the phone for now, I am sure when it is time to upgrade I will gladly trade it in for a newer model.

Simple easy to use phone!

from Greenville, SC

Comments about LG Cosmos:

I just got this phone from Verizon this week to replace my LG that was about to die. This is a great phone that does NOT require an expensive data package/plan. The battery life is pretty good and with the slide-out keyboard texting is easy. If you're looking for a phone that is great for making/receiving calls and typing/receiving text messages this phone is great. The camera is a 1.3 mega pixel camera so it's not that great, but not completely terrible for a phone either. There is no flash. The phone is just a little heavy. This phone does allow a micro-SD card which is a plus (unlike my older LG). This makes putting pictures on the computer MUCH easier than having to email each picture one-by-one. I would recommend this phone.

LG Cosmos - Love it!

from Williamsburg, VA

Comments about LG Cosmos:

I left the world of flip-phone users this past Christmas by trading in my LG flip-phone for an LG Cosmos. I love it! Texting has never been easier. The slide out qwerty keyboard makes texting and emailing a breeze. Additionally, it is pre-programmed for social networks (facebook, twitter and myspace) so updating my status is super-simple. It works wonderfully.

My only complaints are the numbers on the front are very small and close together making dialing a little difficult and the memory assigned for pictures is very minimal. It doesn't hold nearly enough pictures in memory for this wannabe-picture-happy mom, however, it does offer a place for a memory stick so that pictures can be stored there instead of the phones memory.

Overall, this is a great phone and I love it. It really does all that I need it to. I'm not ready to join the world of blackberry users as I don't feel quite that important yet.