Other Dairies:
Cheesy Snacks, Healthy snacks
Kraft
Kraft Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread

Summary

setTimeout(function() {$$("img[src='/images/review/2009/82/16/1237844888-83199_full.jpg']").invoke("hide");},6000);

Kraft Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread

Pros

Cons

A tantilizing treat! We love Philly's Sundried Tomato & Basil !

As a first time users of Philadelphia Cream Cheese Tomato & Basil Spread  my family and I enjoyed the flavor and of course the wonderful creamy texture of the cheese as always you can count on the quality of Philadelphia cream cheese products. This time we enjoyed it on crackers.  I plan to use it to fill cherry tomatoes, celery, slices of peppers and other  vegetables.  Another way I'm planning  on using your Philadelphia Sundried Tomato  & Basil Cream Cheese spread is with my stuffed chicken recipe, for friends that are coming to dinner next week and you can be sure the appetizer will have Krafts  Spinach &  Artichoke  Cream Cheese  Spread.

It was very easy to find Philadelphia's two new flavors in our Publix's dairy case, it was marked "*new item*".  The shelf  where they stock the Philadelphia Spreadible Cream Cheeses were well organized.

I've told several of my friends about ***Kraft's new Philadelphia&************* Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese.***

Phil -Sundried Tomato and Basil Spread is Just barely Ok at best

Kraft-Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread - besides having an outrageously long name was a serious disappointment.  The flavors are bland and uninspired, apparently aimed at some non-existant lowest common denominator...Read complete review

Kraft-Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread - besides having an outrageously long name was a serious disappointment.  The flavors are bland and uninspired, apparently aimed at some non-existant lowest common denominator consumer.

I believe a product like this that probably has a somewhat limited appeal anyway due to price and description would have a better reaction by its audience if it was bolder and more flavorful.  If I want plain cream cheese, I'll buy it.  A flavored cream cheese spread should have visible chunks of the principle ingredients, strong and bold flavors and excite the palate and endulge the senses.

By choosing to go with bland non-descript flavors and bare hints of the flavors promised, I think Kraft-Philadelphia has "dumbed down" the product taste toward some non-offensive flavor that hopefully no one will hate.  I believe their target market and likely purchasers are people who would like to taste new and exciting flavors that inspire them and that they would be proud to serve their friends.  By making a product designed not to offend any sensibilities they have managed to make a product that will inspire none and is unlikely to generate a following with the very customers most likely to try the product.

For me, I am glad I received a free sample as I otherwise would have been very angry about the lack of texture, bland disappointing taste and the uninspired combination of flavors.  Kraft can and often does much better than this and I suspect this is a product that is the result of taste tests to "so-called" ordinary consumers who are unlikely to ever purchase this kind of product anyway.  They would have been far better served to get a panel of foodies and recipe fans, heavy entertainers looking for convenient quality dips or spreads to do the taste testing.

An unfortunate, too careful miss from a company that usually does better.  If you want a product with little taste that is non-offensive to over sensitive palates maybe this is for you.  If you want a Sundried Tomato and Basil Cream Cheese Spread you better buy the plain Cream Cheese and quality Sundried Tomatoes and Fresh Basil and make your own.  The minutes spent will be well rewarded by happy guests and the money saved can be spent on quality ingredients like Kraft-Philadelphia Cream Cheese vs. the store brand.

I cannot recommend this product and strongly urge anyone thinking of serving it to guests to try a package first themselves and avoid embarassing yourself and disappointing your friends and neighbors.  If you do buy it you might as well serve it in the tub as no one will ever mistake it for homemade and at least that way you can righfully blame Kraft-Philadelphia for the disappointment and may save someone else from making the mistake of buying it.

I honestly cannot believe any of the prople writing positive reviews have actually tasted the product and if they have they probably think McDonald's makes great hamburgers too.

A savory schmear

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread:

I have been a big fan of the flavored cream cheeses that Philadelphia has come out with. I prefer the sweet spreads, but, of the savory spreads, the Sundried Tomato and Basil is my personal favorite. The spread has the quality and creaminess that you would expect from Philadelphia, and it is coupled with a very fresh and appealing tomato basil flavor. The flavor is complimentary and not overpowering. I love in on bagels (toasted or not), crackers, and even on a ham or turkey sandwich.

Big fan

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread:

I am a huge fan of Philadelphia cream cheese and this sun dried tomato and basil cream cheese is a great addition to my home. I now can take a bagel for lunch at work with a lunch taste instead of a breakfast taste that you get with the regular cream chease. We also have used it on our tortilla wraps and my family really loves them. IM glad there is a different choice other then the plain.

Great new flavor.

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread:

I've tried two of the new flavors of Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese, the sundried tomato and basil being one of them. This definitely adds a new flavorful twist to cream cheese. I've eaten it plain with crackers but I also added it to a meal that called for regular cream cheese and wow, it really gave it something extra. I would recommend.

What a Great twist on a already Great product

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread:

I actually got this in Kroger, it was being discontinue....So I decided to try it on some bagel flats....Since starting weight watchers I am attempting to find things that I like just in moderate proportions.  So I tried this and OMG....I thought it was great, I did however have to limit myself from slathering my bagel with this delight to avoid point overload....I would love to see this product stay on my grocery self but if not I will buy the remainder....If kraft could make this light or fat free...I would really be in Heaven....1 point for the bagel and 2 points for a serving....what a great 3 point breakfast or snack.....Yeah Kraft you did it again!!!!

Sundried Tomato and Basil Cream Cheese Spread, Just Right.

from Auburndale, FL

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread:

I just tried the Kraft Sundried Tomato and Basil Cream Cheese. It's nice to have as a late night snack on Crackers, Triscuits, or Wheat Thins. The taste is unique, it's a nice change from the "same ole" and I love to try new things. You don't necessarily have to "like" tomatoes to like this product. My husband is not a fan of Tomatoes, but he really enjoyed this product as well. The calorie count is higher than I would have liked, but with a small snack, it's ok, so if you're watching your calorie intake, be cautious. This is a snack that will satisfy.

Great Flavors

from Fayetteville, GA

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread:

This flavor of Philadelphia cream cheese spread is outstanding. I couldn't wait to try it and once I did, I was hooked. It goes perfect with crackers, even on celery or other mixed fresh vegetables. I also cooked up a recipe where I put it inside of a chicken breast rolled it up and baked it for dinner...FABULOUS!!

suprisingly different spread great on crackers

from Homosassa, FL

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread:

Kraft Philadelphia Sundried Tomato and Basil cream cheese spread is a new and vastly different spread that is flavorful and creamy with a nice hint of herbs. It is great on crackers and will definitely tantalize your taste buds for more!

Kraft jazzes up classic cream cheese with tomato basil!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread:

Kraft has two new flavors of Philadelphia's spreadable cream cheese, [Spinach and Artichoke][1] and Sundried Tomato Basil. As an Italian food fan, I'm partial to the sundried tomato and basil flavor but have tried both. The cream cheese spread goes well with healthier snacking options like stone wheat crackers, bagel chips and whole wheat toast points. These spreads are a hit at dinner parties where I try to be the hostess with the mostess. I found this spread at my local Publix store here in Orlando.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Kraft-Philadelphia-Spinach-amp-Artichoke-Cream-Cheese-Spread-review-46d84

Healthy, tasty snack

from Brooksville, FL

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread:

Very tasty and healthy snack that works great on a wide variety of crackers! I tried this spread on plain Ritz, Vegetable Ritz, and Wheat Thins.

Cream cheese is more filling than a lot of other toppings, and great flavor options like Sundried Tomato & Basil add variety to normal, every-day cream cheese.

Great option for your afternoon snack this Summer!

Really great specialty spread

from Ellenton, FL

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Sundried Tomato & Basil Cream Cheese Spread:

If I did not have the free coupon, I probably would not have tried this, but I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. We tried the cream cheese on multigrain crackers and I think the bold flavor of the cracker offset the taste of the cream cheese. Still, it was very good.

The cream cheese has a very delicate flavor, not overpowering. It would be great on bagels and my DH even thought that thinned down with a little milk, would make a great chip dip. It is great for a snack. and would be excellent for a party, although the small size of the container would mean you would have to purchase quite a lot to have enough. For a party, it might just be easier to purchase regular Philly cream cheese and just add in some sundried tomatoes and some basil.