Other Dairies:
Cheesy Snacks, Healthy snacks, Cream Cheese
Kraft
Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread

Summary

setTimeout(function() {$$("img[src='/images/review/2009/82/16/1237842915-59498_full.jpg']").invoke("hide");},6000);

Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread

Pros

Cons

Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese is great

Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese in the new Spinach & Artichoke flavor is a winner for me.  I picked mine up from Publix supermarket today, and had to try it, as...Read complete review

Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese in the new Spinach & Artichoke flavor is a winner for me.  I picked mine up from Publix supermarket today, and had to try it, as soon as I got home.

My husband had Shepherd's pie and the trimmings, but I went for a freshly made salad, and a slice of whole wheat toast, not buttered but with Philadelphia cream cheese on it.

I loved the taste of the new Spinach & Artichoke.  It gave the sometimes, plain and boring, cream cheese a refreshing veggie taste.  I enjoyed it so much that I made a second slice, and that is unheard of for me.

There is nothing to really dislike about the product.  It delivers a new and exciting flavor.  I would eat regular cream cheese at breakfast time, but the new flavor brings it to a lunch or snack time product for me.

I would recommend Philadelphia new flavor of cream cheese to anyone that enjoys something different.  I can't wait to try the Tomato & Basil flavor too.

Spinach/Artichoke: Okay, but not my favorite variety of Philly.

I love Philly Cream Cheese Spread, and usually get the strawberry variety to slather onto Keebler Club Crackers.When I was given the opportunity to taste new varieties, I jumped at the chance. I chose Spinach & Artichoke over the Sundried Tomato variety, mainly because I like spinach more than tomatoes. Also, I was afraid the tomato variety would look and taste more like tomato aspic (which I dislike even more than anything else with tomatoes in it).

I chose to pair the spread with Carr's Crackers (a slightly lighter, tastier English version of a Ritz Cracker), mainly because I don't like Triscuit or Wheat Thins and I couldn't find my first choice, Keebler Club Crackers.

I was expecting a stronger spinach flavor, more along the lines of a dip. The artichoke flavor is almost not even a factor. I could see the bits of artichoke, but unless I picked it out and ate it alone, I couldn't taste it. The spinach flavor and texture stood out far more prominently and even then, it was still mild.

All in all, it's a good addition to the Philly Spread line. It'll probably do well with people who don't like sweet spreads.  I'll probably buy it again (once I've gone through this little tub), but I'll buy it along side my personal favorite, Strawberry.

Odd Taste

from Utah

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread:

Personally, I have always been a fan of Philadelphia cream cheese. So I wanted to try this spinach and artichoke cream cheese spread to see how well it carried on the tradition of Philadelphia cream cheese. But I was quite disappointed. I tried using it both as a topping for bagels and as a topping for crackers on a meat/cheese/cracker tray. It had a nice consistency and texture, very similar to regular cream cheese. It was easy to spread over the crackers and bagels. But both times, I was very disappointed in the taste. It just had an odd and unpleasant taste that also left a very bad aftertaste in the mouth. It didn't taste much like artichoke or spinach or a combination of the two. I could identify the normal cream cheese taste, but the other flavors mixed in did not provide a good mixture at all. When using something like cream cheese, I am looking to enjoy a good taste rather than find nutritional benefit, since it is not very healthy. So the one thing I was looking for was good taste, and this didn't measure up. I don't plan to buy it again.

Love this on my whole wheat bagel!

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread:

I'd like to make a confession, I have a major sweet tooth. So whenever I have a bagel I usually reach for the cream cheese that emulates candy a bit, like strawberry cream cheese! Sometimes however, when I'm tired of the usual strawberry sweetness on my bagel, I switch it up to the Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread. Combine that with some fresh tomatoes on my bagel, and I have a delicious bagel on the go that tastes like I got it from a bakery. This cream cheese is around the same price as the other flavors too, so it isn't too expensive, even though it has a more refined taste. I'd recommend this cream cheese to anyone who is tired of the same old cream cheese!

Great flavor.

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread:

I use cream cheese often whether I am baking with it or just eating it like it is with crackers or a bagel. I was so excited to see that Philadelphia cream cheese had come out with a new flavor, spinach & artichoke. This spread is very tasty and would pair well with many things. You should give this a try.

I love to find new ways to incorporate this product in recipes

from TX

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread:

I originally bought this product to spread on crackers and vegetables at a party and I liked it so much I now buy it just to find new ways to include in my recipes. We recenlty had a Halloween party and had the Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread with orange and black food coloring spread on vegetables and bread tray. Kraft has recipes on their website with ways to add these products to other foods. My kids and husband love this as a snack and it it healthier for them than cheese dip or other spreads. They even offer other flavors and low fat versions. My favorite way to use this spread is to use as a marinade on top of my baked chicken or in any kind of pasta. Taste great and spreads on easily. Very afforadable and can be found in your local dairy section at any grocery store. Kraft is a very well known brand and has gained my trust of having high quality products. I would recommend to others to use this product and check out their website for weight management recipes.

Spin-chokey wonderful cream cheese!

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread:

I absolutely love it on a onion bagel! The cream cheese doesn't over power the taste of the artichoke and spinach, it's a nice mix. Definitely addicting! You could probably pair it with crackers or your favorite veggies, I'd suggest carrots or cauliflower. If you'd like to eat it with chips, pick a strong flavored one, maybe barbecue. Pairing it with pasta? Stick with a cream sauce, just my opinion. I think a red sauce would drown out the cream cheese. Finally, a sandwich...with hearty wheat bread, the cream cheese, cranberry sauce, sliced cucumbers and turkey. Trust me it is sooo good!

love this product, why can't I find it anymore????

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread:

We love this product, but can't find it at the grocery stores lately. why not??

very good spread on Triscuits or buttery crackers, bagels or just used as a dip. Seems like we find something we love and before long it is no longer available. Help me find this....hopefully it hasn't been discontinued.

Tastes as good as Spinach and Artichoke dip!

from Kissimmee, FL

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread:

I don't like cream cheese at all. When I was told about the Spinach and Artichoke flavor, I had to try it since I love the dip so much! My son and I could not stop eating it! It tasted as good as the dip! I will be buying more soon!

Yummy, creamy - use w/Wheat Thins.

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread:

The Philly Spinac & Artichoke cream cheese is very good! I used my free coupon to try this product and I'm very pleased with this product! I will definitely buy it again! I've already recommended this to alot of my friends.

So creamy and delicious

from Palmetto, FL

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread:

I was certainly not disappointed in the new Kraft Spinach and Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread. It was so creamy and loaded with spinach. Even when taken directly from the refrigerator it spread like softened butter. It was asolutely delicious, and eaten on mini bagels in a flash. I have to rush now and go out and buy more!

Smother your Triscuits with this one!

from Cape Coral, FL

Comments about Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread:

Kraft Philadelphia Spinach & Artichoke Cream Cheese Spread is pretty tasty - just a touch too "artichokey" for me - that's why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. Guess I was expecting more spinach. Anyway, I tried it on Wheat Thins and regular Ritz and I think it overpowered them a bit, but it was GREAT on Triscuits! I think the "bulkiness" of the Triscuits even cut the "artichokiness" a bit which made it tastier to me.

This would be a great appetizer too. Especially a "grab and go" one if you need a last minute something to pick up and take to a party or gathering. I think it would be a big hit!