Other Condiments:

Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing

Pros

Cons

Take that, Mayonnaise!

I have been using Miracle Whip ever since I started eating solid food.  It adds a nice little kick to a lot of foods.  I hate mayonnaise, so I use Miracle Whip instead.  I always use it in homemade salads, like egg salad, potato salad, tuna salad, and chicken.  It also tastes great on a plain sandwich.

Miracle Whip contains 40 calories a tablespoon, which isn't bad at all.  The sodium content is a bit high, at 105mg in a tablespoon.  I have to admit that it doesn't really have any nutritional value.  Unfortunately, a lot of things with fat don't.  Still, a tablespoon or two isn't going to cause a heart attack.

For people who are very concerned about the fat, Miracle Whip also makes Miracle Whip Light and Miracle Whip Free that are both lower in calories but still offer the same good zingy flavor.

I have heard of people using mayonnaise on their hair to condition it.  I'm sure Miracle Whip would work also.  I won't try that anytime soon, though.

Used to love the taste hate the new plastic container.

I am an avid cook.  I love cooking with different types of seasonings.  One of my favorite salad dressings for different recipes has always been Kraft Miracle Whip.  It has given many of my recipes a real zest.  My family enjoyed the taste that this product added to my recipes.

Receintly I couldn't find Kraft Miracle Whip in the glass jar so I purchased the newer plastic container of Kraft Miracle Whip.  In a week the Kraft Miracle Whip has picked up the plastic taste of the container.  I was not happy to have to throw out so much of a product I loved using.  My family has complained and I will not use an inferior product.  I still can't find this product in a glass jar so I will have to substitute another dressing for my favorite Kraft Miracle Whip.  I hope to find something to replace that zippy taste, unless Kraft brings back the glass  jars.

Kraft has lost a loyal Miracle Whip consumer with this change.  I have used Miracle Whip for about 30 years and will miss this product.

Not the same!

Comments about Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing:

I don't know what has happened to miracle whip, but it has definitely changed. I always used it on my blt's and tuna salad. The last few jars I bought were disgusting! It's not even close to the taste it used to have. Consumers need to quit buying these products that are being changed to a lower quality to make a bigger profit!

Kraft--why the change?!

Comments about Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing:

Not sure when they changed the formula--but Kraft Miracle Whip (which we've been using faithfully for over 42 years) just does not taste the same anymore. At first, we thought it was just the Olive Oil one--but, as neither of us liked that taste, we bought 2 jars of the original one. It still has some strange (and not in a good way) taste that, again, neither of us like. Tried it on egg salad sandwiches, toasted tomato sandwiches--Yuk!--definitely ruined the taste. After all this time, we will definitely be trying other brands. Sorry Kraft!

Good, but Expensive

from Utah

Comments about Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing:

Personally, I prefer miracle whip over regular mayonnaise, as I think it has a much more pleasant taste without leaving a strange aftertaste in the mouth that mayonnaise can leave. This particular Kraft miracle whip also has a much nicer flavor than some of the other off-brand miracle whips that I have tried. We generally use it either in sandwiches (sometimes combined with mustard) or in macaroni salads, and it is delicious in both. It is well-preserved, so it will last quite a long time in the refrigerator after being opened without spoiling. The one downside to this product is that it has gotten quite expensive. It used to be a good bit cheaper, but now we usually stock up when it is on sale and wait for the next sale to buy more, even if we have run out. But overall, it is a very good miracle whip. It is a good value if found on a decent sale, and I would recommend it. As long as I can find it on sale, I will stick with Kraft over the off-brands.

Miracle Whip is my favorite dressing.

Comments about Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing:

I love the taste of Miracle Whip in salads. It makes great chicken salad, tuna salad and egg salad. It is a wonderful addition to sandwiches also. There is nothing that compares to it on turkey or roast beef sandwiches. It has a creamy consistency and sweetness that put it in a class by itself. Miracle whip has been a very reliable product through the years. I like the fact that it has a light taste. Some of the mayos and salad dressings have a heavy taste and overpower the food. Miracle Whip is the best value for the money. I have tried store brands which cost less, but they are not near as good as Miracle Whip. Miracle Whip can also be used to make dips for veggies and crackers. It can be mixed with mustard for a great sandwich spread. My mother used to use Miracle Whip to make a wonderful moist chocolate cake. You would never know that one of the ingredients was Miracle Whip.

Miracle Whip: Not a Miracle

Comments about Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing:

We eat a lot of mayonnaise at my house. We are constantly making sandwiches and salads. Miracle Whip is not the same as mayonnaise. It has that salad dressing type taste I just don't like. I put it in tuna salad and it had a sweet taste that ruined the whole salad. The kids wouldn't touch it after the first bite. My husband asked me if the cheese was spoiled on his ham and cheese sandwich when I made it with Miracle Whip. It looks like mayo and tastes like something else entirely. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

My all time favorite dressing.

Comments about Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing:

I love the tangy zip of Kraft miracle whip dressing on my sandwiches. It has such a great crisp taste, I prefer it over real mayo. It does not have the oily or the buttery taste like real mayo and it doesn't feel heavy on my stomach. You can totally tell the difference between the two when there mixed into recipes.

Kraft Miracle Whip, the greatest thing to put on sliced bread

Comments about Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing:

Miracle Whip is tasty. Without it, I would not eat sandwiches. I especially like that Miracle Whip has several flavors all with the same tanginess as the original. I even remember having Miracle Whip sandwiches with nothing but Miracle Whip and bread. I could not live without this dressing.

Offers a different taste than most dressings.

from Texas City, TEXAS

Comments about Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing:

I am a big sandwich lover and do not necessarily like regular mayonnaise so I like to use Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing instead. It has its own unique taste that works great on sandwiches and other recipes. To me, it has a sweeter taste than mayonnaise and offers a bold tangy taste. Kraft states that it has the same basic ingredients of mayonnaise but spices are added to add give it a bolder taste. It is a great alternative because it has low fat, low calories, low sodium and is a good source of calcium, fiber, vitamin A and C. It is made by Kraft products and is well known as producing great products that you can trust. Miracle Whip has so many recipes on their website to give you ideas on great meals. Also works great with salads, vegetables and fruits. I have even used Miracle Whip in soups and it just adds flavor and creaminess to everything you use it with. I love this product and will continue to use.

Sweet and tangy deliciousness.

from Lillington, NC

Comments about Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing:

I use the sweet tangy taste of Kraft Miracle Whip salad dressing to add some zip to sandwiches, to deviled eggs, to basically anything, any recipe that calls for mayonnaise Kraft Miracle Whip salad dressing is what I ALWAYS use. :-)

I have been a Kraft Miracle Whip customer for as long as I can remember.

Miracle whip is tangy and sweet

from Jackson Heights, NY

Comments about Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing:

I enjoy adding this to many different things. Just adding a little adds a burst of flavor in any recipe or even on a sandwich I add a little amount to one side of the bread and mayo on the other and it instantly gets a nice tangy flavor that mellows by adding the mayo. I also use it in my salads to add a little zest.