Other Condiments:
Mayonnaise
Hellmann's
Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise

Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise

What? Is there any other mayonnaise?

Hellman's mayonnaise.  That says it all.  When people think of mayonnaise, what other brands come to mind?  None.  I don't even know why other companies make mayonnaise.  I do know that Hellman's is the only kind I use.  That is beside Best Foods brand which is the same basic company.

Hellman's tastes great.  It has the right flavor, consistency and accompaniment for many recipes and finger foods.  I use mayonnaise in a number of dishes and as a single Mom, I have tried to use different brands that may have been on sale at the time.  None of them even come close to Helman's.  You could tell the difference right off.  Not only didn't  the dish taste the same, it sometimes even had a different consistency.  I learned my lesson.  I stopped buying the other brands and stuck to Hellman's.

We use an awful lot of mayonnaise in my household.  Not only do we put it in pasta and potato salads,  we also dip fries in it and use it to coat chicken before breading.  My son puts it in his spaghetti or chili and we all use it on sandwiches.  We sometimes mix mayonnaise and mustard as a dip for crabs and shrimp.  I've even made white barbecue sauce on several occasions which calls for mayo as the main ingredient.  None of these things tasted quite "right" when I didn't use Hellman's mayonnaise.

Hellman's has regular, light and fat free mayonnaise so people who are health conscious can still keep to their diets and such.  The light mayo isn't bad ,but, I personally didn't care for the fat free.  I cook down home, full flavor food so I use full flavor mayonnaise.

I love Hellman's and would'nt use any other mayonnaise.  Like I said before, Hellman's mayonnaise, that says it all.

Hellmans now waters their mayonnaise heavily

The original recipe that made Hellman's Mayonnaise famous had no water in it. A little water was added toward the end of the list of ingredients as commercial success bevkoned. Now, owned by a massive heartless food corporation wi6h more puffery than brains, water is the second ingredient. Time to find "real" mayonnaise;Hellmans's no longer is it.

The Only One For Me!

Comments about Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise:

If there was a number higher than a 10 I would give it to Hellmanns! I can't rave enough about this mayo. It is always fresh and consistent, I have never had a bad experience with this mayonnaise. I have tried other brands of mayo and even the other well known "whip" and nothing even comes close to Hellmanns. Granted this costs a pretty penny, but I do not mind paying at all for the quality you get. It is always thick and creamy, smells great and works well in everything I use it in. My favorite way to use mayo is in tuna fish and deviled eggs. I have tried no name brands and they all taste gross. Hellmanns is by far the best mayonnaise, perfect taste every time. I would highly recommend this mayonnaise!

Not sweet just good ld mayonnaise.

Comments about Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise:

I love Hellmann's mayonnaise because it has a rich taste that's not overpowering. It doesn't taste all sweet like Miracle whip which is fine by the way. It's great on recipes and has the perfect thickness and taste to it. Another thing is that it doesn't make your bread super soggy.

Great taste

Comments about Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise:

I am a loyal Hellman's customer. I have used Hellman's for 30+ years. It has a great flavor, without being too strong and overwhelming. It is great on sandwiches, in casseroles, in deviled eggs, or as an ingredient in a dip I make. My mother is also a Hellman's fan. We both insist on this brand!

It is THE Mayonnaise, as far as I am concerned!

Comments about Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise:

I coupon and that means that I usually have to forgo brand loyalty in the interest of getting great deals and feeding my ravenous family of six. For the most part, I don't mind, and have even found a number of dreamy products that I might never have tried.

But mayonnaise is one of the few items I do NOT compromise on! It is Hellmann's (or Best Foods here on the west coast!) or NOTHING! It's not because it is something I grew up on and became accustomed to, either. I found Hellmann's in my 20's. . .and it was love at first taste!

There are other brands out there that appear creamier at first glance, but don't let that fool you! When you spread it on bread or mix it in a dressing or potatoe salad, it becomes fantastically creamy!

And the taste? Perfect! It has a yummy taste all on its own, which is great if you are dipping artichoke leaves, and it pairs well with herbs and seasonings, too. Just the right blend of 'having stand alone flavor' and not being too overwhelming.

I won't even bother making my famous potato salad or even a sandwich without it!

The Only Mayo

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise:

Hellman's Mayonaise is pretty much the only mayonaise you should ever use. I personally buy store brand products all the time and love some of the things that Publix puts on the shelf. But Mayo isn't one of them. That's not a knock on Publix brand mayo, if it exists. It's a testament to the quality of the Hellman's product.

I've tried many other mayonaises over my years, sometimes trying to save a buck or two, sometimes at other people's homes or even in restaurants. But none match the awesome flavor and creamy texture that Hellman's has.

I'm not much of a recommender except for only my most favorite food or other items/services. But Hellman's is something that I'd get into an argument with you over. You say X is better than Hellman's and you've got a problem on your hands.

Anyway, don't go the way of the generics with your mayonaise. Always pick up Hellman's. Another cool thing about this product is that there are often BOGO specials for it. Don't miss those!

I have been using Hellmann's Real Mayo for well over 30 years

Comments about Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise:

I don't know what they have done to the recipe but plastic jar or glass jar, it becomes runny after the first use and it is just gross. I used to love this brand so much that I would not even try another brand. It was very hard to let go of my longtime favorite mayo but it's just not the same quality as it used to be. I'm very disappointed.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Medway, MA

Comments about Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise:

I love Hellman's Mayonaise, and it's the only one I will use for making potato salad, chicken salad, and a spread on bread for other sandwiches, the mixture and taste is just right and not bland or salty as other's I have tried. I can actually say I'm extremely loyal to this brand for the past 20 years!

Nasty!

Comments about Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise:

This was my first time trying Hellmans and it was horrible. It tastes like old oil with none of the egg flavor coming through. I checked the expiration date and there's still a year plus left on the clock so I'm assuming that this is what it's supposed to taste like. I don't know how you people eat this stuff. My usual brand Cains is much eggier and has a creamier consistency than Hellmans.

Helmanns is ok for a burger but that's it

Comments about Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise:

Hellmanns is ok on a hamburger but it has a weird consistancy that isnt creamy but more like airy, and doesn't blend well with other condiments. Sorry just my opinion. There will never be anything that can come close to Miracle Whip for all my mayonnaise needs.

Worth the price!

from Hot Springs National Park, AR

Comments about Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise:

I know there are many mayos out there but Hellman's mayo is the best. It has great texture and taste, it is a little more expensive but well worth the price. It goes great on burgers, sandwiches and dips.