Other Frozen Foods:
Desserts & Toppings, Frozen Diet Plan, Low calorie treat
Kraft
Kraft Foods Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping

Kraft Foods Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping

Really cool in its own way BUT ...

If you are a dyed-in-the-wool *Cool Whip* fan and someone blindfolded you and gave you a taste of *Kraft Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping*, you probably would guess that it isn't the "**real thing**" -- on the other hand, you might like it just as well.  *Cool Whip Lite* tastes "**light**" -- a little less sweet and less rich -- but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

**STATS:**

Two tablespoons constitutes a single serving which contains 20 calories with ten calories from fat.  There is one gram each total and saturated fat, zero each trans fat, sodium, and protein, three grams total carbs, and one gram sugars.  Alas, floundering among the other listed ingredients I caught sight of corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, and hydrogenated vegetable oil in addition to other preservatives and things.

**JUST A THOUGHT:**

This is, after all, a whipped topping and not meant to be something which you are eating bowls of for breakfast, lunch and dinner -- on the other hand, since it is supposed to be an occasional treat and in view of that ominous ingredient list, you might consider just buying real whipped cream instead.

**TASTE TIP:**

Here's something you CAN eat a bowl of -- Michigan blueberries which are so abundant and beautiful this year.  Sprinkle just a tad of sugar and cinnamon on the berries and top with a serving of Kraft Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping.

**THE BOTTOM LINE:**

I am recommending *Kraft Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping* as an alternative to regular *Cool Whip*.  However, I'm taking a star off for that corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, and hydrogenated vegetable oil.  Since this is supposed to be an occasional special treat, I'm thinking that regular whipped cream might be a better option after all.

i would rather order the regular cool whip and deal with the fat

cool whip could have been left the way it was other tthen change it to light whip cream

i rather deal with the calories and i would not refer this to anybody who was tryiing to keep up their sex life in the bedroom it just might ruin it...

it might be good if you were somebody who was trying to lose weight it might be terrible for somebody who actually has an appetite or has a sense of taste buds i would not even feed this to my dog or my cat

Yummy! Light and fluffy

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Kraft Foods Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping:

I think this is very good! I love the taste and texture and the fact that it is much lower in fat. I love putting it on strawberries or ice cream but it is also good on a lot of other foods.

Good for Healthier Alternative

from Utah

Comments about Kraft Foods Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping:

We used to use regular cool whip for a topping on pie as well as in an orange sherbet salad. I was hesitant to try substituting in a lite alternative, since many of the lower fat and lower calorie versions of products do not taste nearly as good as the regular versions. But out of a desire to be healthier (at least as healthy as you can be with cool whip), I gave in and tried the lite version. Overall, I don't like it as much as the regular version, but it is good enough to get by with. In an orange sherbet salad, it is covered by the other flavors in the salad that it is hard to tell the difference between regular and lite cool whip. But as a topping on pie (or other things), the difference between the two is more obvious. Personally, I still prefer regular cool whip, but this is a passable alternative for someone who is looking to enjoy dessert while still cutting a few calories.

Cool Whip Lite is a good choice for a fast topping for a dessert

Comments about Kraft Foods Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping:

Cool Whip Lite is a nice treat for those of us watching calories. It is sweet and light tasting. I really can't tell the difference between the original and the lite. I think that the Cool Whip brand is better tasting than the generics. Cool Whip Lite is a great topping for pies and makes a wonderful tasting low calories cheesecake. It's also a great topping for low calorie puddings. The price is fairly reasonable especially during holiday time. Since it can be kept frozen for quite awhile it is easy to stock up when it is on sale. The plastic container keep the topping fresh in the fridge or freezer and the container is an added bonus because it is sturdy enough to store leftovers in in the fridge when the topping is gone. The topping doesn't take long to thaw so it can be used to dress up a dessert for last minute guests. The topping is easy for children to create desserts with as well as the inexperienced cook. There are always easy recipes on the container.

The best!

Comments about Kraft Foods Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping:

Kraft Food Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping is unlike anything else! The original Cool Whip tastes great, but it carries a lot of fat. I picked up the Cool Whip Lite to give it a whirl and I was so glad I did! To me, it tastes just like the original Cool Whip! The texture is the same too! If the two were next to each other, I wouldn't be able to tell! This is great for dipping fruit, ice cream toppings, or making dips. I love this stuff!

My mini fluffy cloud nine

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Kraft Foods Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping:

Kraft Foods Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping is in every sense of the word my mini fluff of cloud nine. As far as calories go - you could run in place for about 5 minutes and be free of any excess. The texture of lite whipped topping is just slightly more fluffy than the original whipped topping. The flavor to me is the same although, some members of my family say it's a little less sweet. I can't tell. It is still smooth and creamy and not gritty. It doesn't have a sacchran aftertaste either that is so often the case with lite products. I use it on sugar free Jello and pumpkin pie but, around the holidays - I add it into banana pudding mix after subtracting some of the milk that I add to the pudding - it makes a delicious banana pudding or banana cream pie. It's also a mini way to cut at least a few calories from the holiday menu and makes a wonderfully special treat when hot cocoa is topped with a small dalop of this fluffy cloud.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Kraft Foods Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping:

Kraft Cool Whip Lite Topping is a great alternative to the regular topping when you are trying to cut back on calories and fat. I added it to our pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving and no one knew the difference between the lite and the regular. I am pulling "the switch" again at Chrismas!

Very tasty

Comments about Kraft Foods Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping:

I really like Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping! It is light, fluffy, and creamy. It tastes great. I personally can't tell that it is light. It tastes exactly the same as regular Whipped Topping. I use this all the time-it's great to dip fruit in, top pies with, put a spoonful in hot cocoa, and to add to pudding desserts, or to make cake frosting with. To make frosting with it, I just use one tub and combine with with one packet of low-fat pudding, and 1 cup of milk. Stir it all together and you have a very tasty and delicious, low calorie frosting! It tastes amazing on 'poke' cakes.

Cool whip lite is delicious

Comments about Kraft Foods Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping:

I watch what I eat so when tried Cool whip lite, I was impressed because it does not taste like something that would be lite. Now that Thanksgiving is coming, I recommend this product as a topping for Pumpkin Pie becasue its so delicious. I am a very statisfied customer and recommend it to everyone.

Good but.....

Comments about Kraft Foods Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping:

I use the fat free varity everyday! I buy them 4 at a time every week. However there is hydrogenated oil in it witch is nothing more than trans fats. So even though it says fat free if you go over 3 servings ( witch we do) you are getting trans fats. So I have found an alternative. I hope Kraft will take the H. oil out and if and when the do I will buy them again. If there products did not have the oil the rating would be a 10!

Nice and light in both ways

from Washington, MI

Comments about Kraft Foods Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping:

I have been using Cool Whip for so many years and I love it. I had never bought the Light because I did not think it would taste the same. To my surprise it tastes the same as the original. It is a great product