Other Frozen Foods:

Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich

Pros

Cons

OMG - "diet" ice cream treats that actually taste good

I first bought these Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches for two reasons - they were on sale, and (at the time) I was on a low-carb diet and craving ice cream... and these were the only "diet" things in the freezer case... (yes, it was a long time ago)With some skepticism, I tried one. - First thought: "Hey, this is the same size as a regular ice cream sandwich."

- Second thought: "And it leaves those little chocolate thumbprint marks on my hands just like a regular ice cream sandwich."

- Third thought: "Did I grab the right one? Is this thing really diet?"

- Fourth thought: "At 120 calories each, can I eat a second one?"

Seriously, they're that good. Take one, put the package back in the freezer, and leave the room before eating - otherwise you will be tempted to go back for more.

Skinny Cow vanilla is a poor subistute for peanut butter.

I should not be so critical of the vanilla skinny cow ice cream sandwiches just because the company stopped making the plain peanut butter kind. They have a chocolate peanut butter one now but I can not stand the taste of the chocolate ice cream. I have never liked chocolate ice cream. I like chocolate but not choloate ice cream. Even though they have deprived me of the peanut butter kind I can still enjoy the vanilla ones. For something diet it taste really good. I think it tastes a lot better than a regualr ice cream sandwich. The only bad thing is that these are very expensive and I only get them if they are on sale or if I got lucky and found a coupon. But I am more likely to find it on sale than get a coupon. Great for diets. Gives you that same ice cream sandwich taste but has a lot less fat, sugar, and chemicals. If you can afford it it is a better choice for ice cream sandwiches. I will get over them discontinuing the peanut butter because I am enjoy the vanilla and it is good enough for me.

Low calorie ice cream sandwich - YUM!

Comments about Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich:

I heard a lot about the Skinny Cow brand and noticed a lot of TV adverts so I decided I will look for it at my local store, bought the Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich and have been ever since. It’s a little high on the sugar content but the good side about this product is that it’s very low in cholesterol and saturated fat. Not only is it low in calories but it is a tasty ice cream snack to have at home or work. This Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich comes in different flavours and I like the chocolate range. If you are trying to lose weight but don’t want to cross out desserts for life, try out the Skinny Cow range as they won’t disappoint in taste or quality.

BETTER than the real thing!

Comments about Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich:

I discovered Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches about 10 years ago. I first heard about them at a Weight Watchers meeting and how they are a delicious low fat dessert option. So, I decided to try them for myself and I have continued to enjoy them. (By the way, they are 4 points.)

They are a perfect treat, whether you are on a diet plan or not. Kids love them too. They are delicious and, in my opinion, even better than the real thing! It is hard to believe they only have 2 grams of fat. I feel like I made a smart choice with Skinny Cow.

The outer chocolate wafer has a slight crunch to it, while still being soft. It's the perfect texture and doesn't get mushy. Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches contain a good size portion of ice cream, making the sandwich taller. It also looks pretty, as they have taken the time to give a swirl to the ice cream. It is very easy to savor every bite and it leaves you feeling very satisfied.

Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches come in: Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cookies n' Cream, Mint, Strawberry Shortcake, Vanilla, Vanilla and Chocolate combo pack, No Sugar Added Vanilla, and Limited Edition Snickerdoodle. My favorite is Vanilla, Chocolate, and Cookies n' Cream.

Really Good Ice Cream Sandwich

Comments about Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich:

I have been dieting lately and just tried Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwiches. Wow, they are so good! Inside, is a delicious, rich, creamy, and smooth vanilla ice cream that is sandwiches between two soft chocolate cake-like wafers. These ice cream sandwiches do not taste like they are low fat! One sandwich has 140 calories. I have also tried the version of these with chocolate ice cream inside. The chocolate ice cream tasted great and was very smooth and creamy. These ice cream sandwiches are a winner!

Taste so good!

Comments about Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich:

I am always on a diet so always looking for new and different low calorie goodies. When I saw these I had to try them. I was quite impressed with the taste. The chocolate cookie is just right. Not to hard not to soft. The vanilla or chocolate ice cream is very smooth and creamy. I even found them in mint flavor which is my personal favorite. The size is OK but i usually want a second one. That is the problem with some of the lower calorie items. It is not so much that they are lower in calories as that they have decreased the size of the idem so it does have fewer calories but your getting less food. All in all though i do recommend these especially if you just want a nice little treat this fits the bill. At near as good as Mrs Fields or Nestle Toll House Ice cream sandwiches but you wont be eating a meal worth of calories either. So if you want a nice low calorie treat try these you will be surprised at how good they are... just watch out for wanted that 2nd one!!

Delicious

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich:

The name is misleading, I think. It might be low in fat, but it tastes like a decadent treat. I have had quite a few of these, and they're so much like a regular full calorie ice cream sandwich that they're gone very soon after I bring them home from the store. I especially like the chocolate ones. The ice cream is rich and creamy and the outside soft cookie is sweet and rich.

It's a low calorie ice cream sandwich?!

Comments about Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich:

In the summer time, I love indulging in ice cream just as much as the next person, but I hate that one small ice cream sandwich can totally wreck your diet. This is a great alternative to the traditional ice cream sandwiches on the market because they are filling, delicious, and they are low in calories! I could hardly tell that this was a low calorie option, and my husband couldn't tell either because he even snuck a few! The ice cream is rich, without being too heavy and the chocolate sandwich pieces taste just like the ones for other sandwiches! My only complaint about the Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich is the price, as they are much more expensive than the others, but they are definitely worth it.

Absolutely amazing, doesn't taste diet

Comments about Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich:

I love low fat products that don't taste low fat. Skinny Cow ice creams are a perfect example of that. The ice cream is creamy and flavorful, the cookies are delicious and taste just like normal ice cream sandwich cookies. You really can't tell that this is diet at all. I am usually not even on a diet but I buy these because I like them better than most other ice cream brands even the full fat ones.

good dessert

Comments about Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich:

These "healthy" treats are wonderful. They are a bit smaller than a normal ice cream sandwich, but have far less calories as well. The ice cream is good. The "cookie" is moist and tasty. I would chose these just as quickly as any other ice cream bar. The price is my only negative comment, wish they were a bit more affordable.

I love these!

Comments about Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich:

I have to give Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwiches a 10/10! To me, they taste just as good as regular ice cream sandwiches! My favorite flavor is the mint one. The cookie part of the sandwich can get a little soft if you're holding it, and it will stick to your fingers. The ice cream has a great texture and taste for being fat free! These will always be my guilty pleasure. If I'm craving ice cream, I'll just put one of these in a bowl, add some whipped cream, and a little chocolate sauce. It tastes like you're indulging but you don't feel guilty afterwards!

Tastes Great, only problem is I want to eat 3 at once!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Skinny Cow Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwich:

I think these are fantastic. They are delicious! Truly. It's surprising to actually find a low fat option that tastes great! And yes I'd rather eat three in one sitting, but truly they satisfy those sugar cravings you need for dessert! It's very creamy and the cookie part doesn't taste like cardboard. With only 140 calories a serving, if you do end up eating more then one in a sitting, it's still not horrible for you!

I do wish they were more affordable, but normally six comes in a package. Sometimes you catch them on sale.

They have plenty of great flavors! Peanut Butter, Strawberry shortcake, Mint, Cookies N cream, Vanilla/Chocolate, No sugar, and now for limited time, Snickerdoodle! I enjoy all of them. But nothing beats a vanilla ice cream sandwich.

The skinny cow brand does much more than just ice cream sandwiches. They have many great low calorie options to curb those sugar cravings!