Other Misc. Healths:
Kleenex

Pros

Cons

Kleenex brings a luxurious experience to paper towels.

As a germaphobe, I am all about good hygiene. Yet up until just recently, I was limited to using cloth hand towels after washing my hands in the bathroom. Sure, a cloth towel is great the first time around. But what about every subsequent time one needs to wash and dry their hands? That once fresh, germ-free hand towel has now become dirty, and doesn't that seem counterproductive to the whole hand-washing process??

When I saw the commercial for the Kleenex hand towel dispenser, I knew I had to give it a try! And after one use, I was sold. First, the shape of the box dispenser is awesome. It slides easily into a towel rack bar so the towels can be on hand right next to the sink. Second, the quality of the towel is far superiour to any other paper towel I have ever used. It is super soft and durable and almost has the texture of a cotton towel versus a paper product. Lastly, the towels are ultra absorbent and you only need one to fully dry your hands. So that cuts down on unnecessary waste, making it affordable as well as good for the environment! :)

timber, there goes another tree

The concept of these is pretty genius, but can't cheap paper towel do the same thing if you're just using it to dry your hands to help illiminate germs.

I will admit...Read complete review

I will admit that these are not something that I would normally purchase under almost any circumstance, but I had a coupon that made them almost free and figured i'd try them out and see what all the hub-bub was about. I saved them until I someone was sick as a way to assure that their germs were not getting onto the towel. I found that there was nothing special  about them other than them being super thick and almost fabric woven like.

I will likely never purchase them again because they are too expensive in my opinion and would much rather purchase a cheap papertowel if I found it necessary to have them use single use towels rather than an actual towel. THough even that is likely to not happen because I prefer to keep the trees planted and not tearing them down for nothing.

I would recommend for a germaphobe or someone with lots of little ones that get sick often.

Not as good of a towel as I thought.

Comments about Kleenex Hand Towels:

I was a bit disappointed when I purchased Kleenex Hand Towels. I bought them for a high price so I thought it would be of high quality, but I was wrong. I put it in the main bathroom in my house and the box lasted only about a week. The towels just were not as strong as I thought. They were not as absorbent as the ads made them seem. I thought by putting a box of Kleenex Hand Towels in the bathroom, it would save me the hassle of changing the towel in there and saving me the trouble of washing them.
For me to dry my hands after washing them, I would need at least 3 of these towels. With me, my husband, and 3 children, we were constantly washing our hands, and like I said the box only lasted a week in the bathroom. I stopped using them and put my regular towels back up, however when ever I would have lots of guests over, I do find this much more convenient than regular cotton towels. So the only time now I put these in the bathroom is when I have guests over for dinner or a gathering.

short changed

from La Feria, TX

Comments about Kleenex Hand Towels:

Love the convenience of KHT, but was so disappointed when I made a purchase last week. The box is shorter and there are less towels in the box...but the price is the same. What gives... are they so hard up they have to short change us? I was really upset and considering not buying them anymore. But I'll wait and cool off before I make any rash decisions, since I do like using the paper towels and not having to deal with the cloth towels.

Simple way to cut back on germ spreading .

from Milford, PA

Comments about Kleenex Hand Towels:

These are great anywhere in the house but I exspecially like them in he guest bathrrom. I no longer worry what type of germs are being left on our towels. There is always a fresh cean towel for a person to use and no mess for me to clean up . The kids love them and they are gentle on their skin. With cold and flu season coming soon we will be putting them in every bathroom in our home

Kleenex hand towels are a GENIUS idea!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Kleenex Hand Towels:

I can't believe that nobody thought of these sooner! They are just the neatest idea! I love that the hand towels are think and strong and soft. I also really like the dispenser, because it fits on a towel rack or stands on its own. I've always been a little iffy about using the same towel over an over to dry my hands. I feel much better using hand towels! They are also great for when I'm putting my contact lenses in, because they don't leave any lint on my hands that could get transferred to my contacts and irritate my eyes. I would like it better if they came in more colors and designs, so I hope more will become available in the future. The price is a little high, so I try to use coupons whenever I can and stock up when they're on sale. It's worth the price because of the great quality!

Kleenex Hand Towels are convenient, but not worth it.

Comments about Kleenex Hand Towels:

The lazy, germ conscious part of me LOVES these hand towels! What's not to like, it's a soft paper towel you can put in your bathroom, and you just grab a new one when you're ready to wash your hands. There's no worrying about germs because it's a fresh new towel. I love this feature, especially since I'm a contact lens wearer. I actually only use these twice a day, before I put my contacts in, and before I take them out. The other times I'm in the bathroom I just use a regular towel.

We bought these for my pre-contact lens washing because we had a coupon for them. I don't think I'd buy them regularly, though, since there are only 60 in a package, and it's not very environmentally friendly. They're a nice "treat" once in a while, but I won't be buying another package for a while.

from Boise, ID

Comments about Kleenex Hand Towels:

I first tried the Kleenex Hand Towels at a party. I liked them so much I got some for myself. They are a great product, very thick and soft almost like cloth. They work great for more then just drying your hands. I have used them for cleanups, wiping down the counter and the toilet in the bathroom. I actually ran out of baby wipes one day and had to use these, and it worked great! The only drawback is I feel wasteful just tossing it every time I use one. I was feeling so guilty about tossing it after only one use. So, I would save it and use it to clean up the floor or other random cleaning job. It is very similar to the Viva paper towels, with the thickness and absorbency. Yes you can just buy paper towels and use those. However, it is nice to have the container they come in. I would rather this sit out on my bathroom counter then a roll of paper towels, it just looks a little nicer. I do think they are a bit over priced and I only buy them when I have a coupon and they are on sale. I would recommend these, they are a nice product.

About time someone made disposable hand towels like this!

from Reston, VA

Comments about Kleenex Hand Towels:

Way to go Kleenex! I always wondered why someone had never made a mainstream, readily available disposable hand towel for the bathroom. I know, paper towels are less expensive; regular hand towels are better for the environment. But as a mother of young kids who has enough trouble dealing with germs, these are great for the winter. To me, disposable means less chance of spreading germs on a bathroom hand towel. And keeping a roll of paper towels in the bathroom, just never seems like the right thing to do. These are a great compromise. I had seen paper towels like you see in commercial restrooms at the office supply stores, but those are never very soft or there diddn't seem to be a good way to put them out. Anyways, I saw these and bought immediately! These are just soft enough and the box is nice enough looking to keep in the guest bathroom. Like the two ways you can use it - standing or in the towel rack. They are a little pricey, but worth it to me. I use mainly during the winter or when company is coming over.

The Kleenex hand towels are a must!

from Elizabethtown, PA

Comments about Kleenex Hand Towels:

I'm a stickler for a good paper towel. I hate paper towels that are so cheap that they don't tear in the right place, and you need ten of them to clean up any spill. I'm also budget conscious and when I saw the Kleenex hand towels come out on the market I was excited, but also a little disappointed in the price. So, when they went on sale and I had a coupon, I decided to give them a try. They work great! I was so pleased with the quality of the Kleenex hand towels. They are thick, strong and very absorbent. My husband works in a job that has him coming home very dirty at the end of the day. The Kleenex hand towels are saving my cloth hand towels now! The only down side to the Kleenex hand towels is that when the box is about half empty, the towels no longer come up with the others and you have to reach your hand down into the slot on the top to try to get another towel out. If they change to a better dispenser system, I'm sure the sales would be better.

from Bedford, KY

Comments about Kleenex Hand Towels:

I had been seeing commercials on the Kleenex Hand Towels for quite awhile when I decided to check them out in the store. I thought they were on the expensive side and decided that I could live without them. It was not long before I found coupons on them and they went on sale at one of the stores I go to do I got a couple of boxes to try. There are several colors to choose from so you should be able to match your decor easily with the box. Once I opened them I could not believe how thick the hand towel was, I was not expecting something as nice as it was. The box is a nice design that can either sit on your counter or turn it upside down on your towel rack and be pulled from the bottom. I do not leave these out for all the time use as they are a little expensive for me to get on a regular basis I do put them out for when company comes because I hate having napkin rolls either wet from over use or hand towels damp for the next user. I gave it a 4 star not because of quality but because of price per box.

from Bedford, KY

Comments about Kleenex Hand Towels:

Several months ago we seen commercials for the Kleenex Hand Towels and thought they sounded like a very good idea so we fould some coupons for the Kleenex Hand Towels and decided to give them a try. We really liked the feel of the Kleenex Hand Towels so much that the next time we had company we put them out for our guest and they loved them. The first person was mom she tried them out and then came out really liking the idea so much that she told dad and he took off to the bathroom to wash his hands just so he could check out the Kleenex Hand Towels.He too really liked the feel of them and the idea behind them. In fact they both liked them so much they started stuffing their used towels in their pockets to use later.We used them again this past christmas when everyone came to our house and again these Kleenex Hand Towels were a big hit .I kinda wish these had come out years ago.I would recommend these to anyone having guest to thier home.