Other Misc. Healths:
Promise
Promise Activ Super Shots

Promise Activ Super Shots

Product no longer available

Recently, I started using the product for cholesterol, but then could not find it in stores. Nothing in the news as yet.

I tracked down the contact phone number. The...Read complete review

I tracked down the contact phone number. The one directly linked to the "shots" disconnects so I used one for the margarine.It is officially discontinued as of Aug.28,2009. The woman was polite but evasive about why these two products are discontinued.I have the feeling there may be more about this in the news...I also saw a website by a lawyer for the shots claims of lowering high blood pressure not being true.Too bad for those of us who needed it, benefited from it, and used it responsibly.

You should warn consumers about the possible side effects.

I was so happy to hear about this amazing product that can lower HDL cholesterol levels.  I have high cholesterol, and cannot take any statins, because I get bad side effects.  Well, after reading about this amazing product, I wasted no time in starting it.  After about a week, I started with horrible gas, cramps, and loose stools.  I didn't put two and two together for a couple of days after that.  Well, it has been a few weeks since taking the product, and I have since been to the doctor, and still suffer the effects from the plant sterols.  I am not saying that everyone will react so harshly, but there should be a  warning that it could happen.  I am actually sorry that I cannot take the product.  It sounded like a miracle for a person who cannot take the medications.  I see there are a few people out there complaining about the cost of the product.  All I can say is, if you are fortunate enough to be able to take the product without any ill effects, thank your lucky stars and stop nagging about the price!!

It works - dropped 45 points in 3 months

from West Greenwich, RI

Comments about Promise Activ Super Shots:

At age 69, I watch my blood chemistry data - I have a PhD in chemistry and tend to view the body workings as a lot of neat chemistry. When my CHOL (total) hit 199, I started on 200 ml/day of Promise Activ Supershots. Blood test showed a drop to 170 in about 3 months. Added oatmeal and granola to make a spoonable "goop" that tasted pretty good (sounds yucky, right?). Choloresterol dropped to 158. As a weight lifter, I also use the drink to mix in soy protein. I must be doing something right since I can bench press 240 lbs. All of my other blood chemistry is in the normal range.

Product no longer available

from Portland, OR

Comments about Promise Activ Super Shots:

What happened to Promise Active Supershots ??????

from Des Plaines, IL

Comments about Promise Activ Super Shots:

This product help reduce my bad cholesterol by over 40 points. A few months ago I went to refill my stock, and to my shock I could not buy the product anywhere any longer. I am upset, so upset, here is a natural product provided over the counter, thats good for my heath and natural, and it's GONE? Why? I feel like it's a conspiracy from the drug companies! Why would someone take a chemical prescribed pill, if they could simply take a little drink everyday. I am a busy business owner of FLS Discount Supplies. Running my own online supplies store, keeps me running, and I am sorry to say I don't eat well, or take good care of myself. Fast food drive throughs are sooooo easy! I miss my supershots, not to mention how it helped regulate my bowel movements. I suffer from cronic constipation, so this product was great in so many ways. And sadlly with a full bowel lol, and my heart clogging all over again, I am left still wondering what happened to my supershots!

Drop 60 points on Super Shots, up 50 off them...I want my Shots!

from Pottstown, PA

Comments about Promise Activ Super Shots:

My Cholesterol total was 245. I had high bad and low good. My dad had heart problems so I was given a scrip for Zocor, never got a chance to try to change my diet. Rebel that I am I changed my diet and did not fill the scrip. Next labs on taking Supershots along with an extremely low fat diet, cholesterol free no animal products, essentially vegan diet, exercise and red wine...was perfect, total below 200, good going up, bad acceptible. Told to continue my dose- I said ok I will continue what I'm doing. Supershots were pulled from the market, continuing just the diet,without Supershots, still exercising and red wine same my total is 235, and  good creeping down, bads creeping up. I want my Supershots back!!!!!!

This product is fantastic it really works

from Gibsonville, NC

Comments about Promise Activ Super Shots:

I took this product for over a year after trying to lower my cholesterol with medications just to suffer with the side effects of the meds. Really dissapointed that it has been removed. seems to me like the drug companies probably had something to do with it being taken off the market.

Promise Super Shots, a great way to start your day!

from New Haven, IN

Comments about Promise Activ Super Shots:

Promise Activ SuperShots are a super way to start your day!  It's my morning juice.  Not only do they taste great they help lower your blood pressure.  I must admit, I got started with these as a Bzz agent but I love them so much I don't want to quit.  And...If they can lower my HBP, all the better.  Time will tell if that works.

Promise SuperShots didn't get the highest rating because the top is so darn hard to get off.  I don't know what they could have done different but I have to believe they could have  something besides the foil tops.  The opening is small and that makes it very hard to get the top off.

I've tried two out of the three flavors and they are delicious.  I don't like bananas so I won't be trying the strawberry banana but I have to believe it's as good as the peach and the mixed berry.  Hope they come out with more flavors!!

super shots for high blood pressure

from Lebanon, MO

Comments about Promise Activ Super Shots:

I use super shots high blood pressure and potassium.  Is is an aquired taste.  I don't buy it as often as I would like because the price is high.  The packaging isn't all that great, the bottles fall right out.

Super Shots work!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Promise Activ Super Shots:

Why is the Super Shots line of products no longer available in the USA?

-  Answer:  Unkown

They worked wonderfully at reducing cholesterol and blood pressure levels. The same line of products under a different name (Flora in the UK and Becel in Canada and other countries) is still available in the UK and has been since 2004. The products should be available to US Consumers. The US drug companies may have protested because we were no longer filling prescriptions.

It is not logical to remove a product from one market  and continue selling in another. Giving the 'it didn't sell' line obviously doesn't hold true based on the comments and complaints from around the USA.

The decision to remove Super Shots from the US market will force US consumers rethink their buying choices. We will stop buying other products by manufactured and distributed by Unilever.  No more brand loyalty!  Money talks; take yours somewhere else.

***Bring the Promise Super Shots for Cholesterol and Blood Pressure control back to the US market!***

Bring this back. You helped a lot of people!!!

from Vestal, NY

Comments about Promise Activ Super Shots:

I seen this product and starting buying it for my dad. He would add it to his oatmeal in the morning everyday. The next time he went to his dr.. She wanted to know what he was doing as his numbers fell dramaticly. PLEASE BRING THIS PRODUCT BACK!!! It really works. My father is 81 and I would like to hold on to him for as long as I can.

Promis Activ Super Shots dropped my cholesterol 44 points!

from Windham, ME

Comments about Promise Activ Super Shots:

I have been very pleased with the results from taking Promise Activ Super Shots. My cholesterol dropped 44 points. I never had the gas and cramping that I have heard others have experienced. My only problem at this point is the fact the stores in my area have stopped carrying the product. I have no idea why and can get no answers from retailers. Any help in this situation would be greatly appreciated. And by the way, I'm not the only one that has been making inquiries.