4.8

KitchenAid Shears

4.8

Pros

Cons

These scissors are the one tool in my kitchen i can

Comments about KitchenAid Shears:

On a scale of one to ten these scissors score a high 8.

They can either be washed with a mild soap and warm water or wiped clean with paper towels. I've been using mine for over a year and they have yet to rust.

I can cut up a whole chicken without ever having to sharpen them and then switch to cutting up fabric for my daughter's costumes at school with no problem.

They are sleek and modern in design and the red matches the color scheme of my kitchen.

Just a very useful utensil

Comments about KitchenAid Shears:

I had never had a pair of kitchen scissors but I had seen others using them and they seemed very useful. KitchenAid is a brand that I have always trusted and heard good things about so I decided to go ahead and give them a try. Well worth the investment! I use them for everything from opening packages to cutting certain vegetables to cutting pizza. I run them through the dishwasher and them come out very well. Occasionally you have to clean right down by where they are attached together but it isn't difficult. They are one of the utensils that everyone in my family uses. They have proven to be durable as well. One of my favorite uses for them is to cut spaghetti when I am serving it. When it gets cumbersome to deal with a big bunch of spaghetti on the serving spoon I just use these scissors to cut it off and serve it. This is one utensil I would not be without in my kitchen anymore and would need to replace immediately if anything ever happened to them.

Simple for cutting foods.

Comments about KitchenAid Shears:

My mother bought a pair of these a few years ago, which is how I found out about them. After watching how much quicker it was for her to use these rather than a knife, I just had to have one. I went and bought a pair and it was an awesome purchase that I have not ever questioned. They make preparing meals so easy as it makes cutting chicken, vegetables, and everything so much quicker. Plus you don't have to pull out a cutting board, which is just one less dirty dish I have to clean. They are still very sharp and I have owned mine for a few years now, so they have held up exceptionally well.

Super easy to clean, you just wipe them down with a sponge, every now and then some food particles get stuck between the plastic and the blade of the shears.

I have owned mine for a couple of years and they work just as good as the day I got them.

I was so glad they offered the option of red, as this is the color I use in my kitchen.

Still in great shape after a year

Comments about KitchenAid Shears:

I lost my good chefs knife a while back and have been using these shears more and more as a result of that. I've used them to cut everything from bacon to veggies, to open packages of food and trim excess pie crust. I love these shears. They haven't dulled but to keep them sharp I cut through a sheet of aluminum foil once a month or so and they still cut as well as the first day I bought them. I've even been known to use them for non-kitchen stuff since they work so much better than my craft and regular scissors. I definitely recommend these as a solid kitchen investment for a great value.

Dishwasher safe, I usually hand dry just to keep rust at bay but I probably don't even need to do that.

I use these almost daily and they are still in amazing shape. They've been overused, dropped in the disposal, and ran through a million dishwashes but they've held up incredibly well.

I like what the handles are made out of, they don't hurt my hands even if I have to use them for a long time.

So far so good

from Plano, TX

Comments about KitchenAid Shears:

I have been using these shears for the past three months for everything from cutting poultry to cutting paper. They were extremely sharp straight out of the box and have kept their sharpness. I end up using them at least once a day. Like most of my cutlery I do not wash them in the dish washer. These shears come with a nice plastic cover to use when not in use and so that you do not cut or poke anything accidentally.

Although I use them for all my cutting needs, I would suggest that these shears only be used for kitchen related tasks. The blade is too big to do any deatailed cutting such as paper or other things. These shears are sharp and have a heavy duty blade that can easily cut through poultry bones.

The handle is comfortable for people with big hands but people with smaller hands might want to try using the shears at the store before buying them. I am right handed and don't I am sure these shears are meant for both righties and lefties. Another top notch kitchenaid product added to my kitchen.

Cuts like butter time after time - holds up to any kind of use!

from York, PA

Comments about KitchenAid Shears:

The KitchenAid Kitchen Shears are a must have for any well-appointed kitchen set-up.  I chose red handles because I like a little color in my kitchen.  The handles are rubber so they're easy when you're using them to cut through something tough like bones.

The blades are somewhat serrated and very sharp.  However, I would say that the blades could be a little bit longer.  I use the KitchenAid Kitchen Shears to cut through anything from boxes, coupons, meats, veggies, fabric to carpet!  They're easy to clean as well- I just plunk mine in the dishwasher.

I've had this pair of shears for about five years now and don't see or notice any kind of loss of quality.

As I said, a must have for any kitchen!