Other Cooking Tools & Gadgets:
Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop

Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop

Pros

Cons

Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop makes it too easy!

This product is great because it makes scooping rock-hard ice cream much easier. They say it has something in the handle that heats up from the warmth of your hands. Well, my hands stay cold all the time so I just run hot water at the kitchen sink and place the scoop under it for a few seconds and it works great. Maybe it's my hands or maybe I'm just impatient and don't want to hold it long enough before starting to dig in. It's one smooth piece of metal, so it's easier to clean up than those that have lots of little pieces. Buyer beware--if you're trying to stay away from ice cream, this gizmo makes getting a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd helping much more convenient, so you may want to store it in the back of the basement closet if you're on a diet.

Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop is the best thing since ice cream

I simply love the Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop. I have purchased several scoopers in all price ranges. None of these scoopers really worked any better than my old faithful regular house spoons that I had been using. A friend of mine had a Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scooper and had just raved about it 24/7. She showed me how it worked and I just couldn't believe the easiness of scooping ice cream out without bending a sppon into or having to take another spoon to try to get the ice cream off the first spoon. The Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scooper just slides into the ice cream again and again. No more fighting with spoons! You almost want to get ice cream constantly just to use the scooper. One thing you have to remember is the scooper is hand washable only. Not dishwasher safe.  If anything ever happens to my Pampered Chef Ice Cream scooper, I'll have to order another one right away!

Great Ice Cream Scoop

from Utah

Comments about Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop:

This ice cream scoop is a great ice cream scoop that is solid enough to scoop through ice cream that is frozen pretty hard. The antifreeze inside helps get through this ice cream, and it also helps prevent the ice cream from sticking to the scoop.

This ice cream scoop needs to be washed by hand. It has antifreeze inside of it that prevents ice cream from sticking to the scoop. But the dishwasher will turn this antifreeze hard, and you can hear it rattling around inside. When this happens, it no longer works, and ice cream will stick to the scoop. We found this out the hard way when someone was visiting our house and put it in the dishwasher without us noticing. So when they say that it is not dishwasher safe, they are right.

As long as the antifreeze is not damaged in any way, this scoop can last for quite a long time. We have had our second one for several years without any problems. We used to have a different brand of ice cream scoop, but the outer covering (perhaps teflon) began to flake off. But this one does not have a coating like this, so it will last better.

Best ice cream scoop I have ever used!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop:

I purchased this Pampered Chef ice cream scooper about a year ago when my friend was hosting a pampered chef party! Although it was more expensive then other ice cream scoopers it was definitely worth it because this is the best ice cream scooper I have ever owned.
I use this scooper 2 or 3 times a week for family ice cream nights and it has held up nicely so far, it still looks brand new! It's also so easy to use. It slices right through the ice cream even if it's really frozen and the ice cream slides right into the bowl off of the scooper and doesn't stick and require me to get my fingers cold. It's easy to grip and doesn't slip around. I never knew that an ice cream scooper could be this easy to use.
This scooper is really easy to clean. It's dishwasher safe which is the best thing ever because I hate hand washing dishes.
Overall I would highly recommend the pampered chef ice cream scooper especially for frequent at home ice cream eaters! It will decrease a lot of frustration when serving ice cream!

Best Ice Cream Scoop on the Market

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop:

We are huge ice cream lovers in our home and this product is an absolute must! I love all Pampered Chef products, but this scoop is truly my favorite. It never sticks to the ice cream and cleans up so well. I have had this scoop for years and I have never had one problem with it. It is so durable and we use it a lot in my house! It is a little expensive, but I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. This product has lasted for years so I have gotten my monies worth for sure. I can see this product lasting for many years to come.

Very easy to clean and I usually put it in the dishwasher and it still works perfect.

This product is very durable and I cant remember how long ago I bought it, it still looks brand new.

I do not know the secret that Pampered Chef uses in this product, but it literally never causes ice cream to stick and it comes out in perfect scoops. It makes getting the hardest ice cream out of the carton very easily.

This ice cream scoop works great, but is small.

Comments about Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop:

My family of five eats a lot of ice cream. This Pampered Chef scoop works really well but is a bit small for our liking. It cuts through solid ice cream nicely, especially when you grip the handle for several seconds before using, or run under warm water for a moment. It just does not scoop much product at one time. We have found it works great for putting ice cream into cones or fancy sundae dishes, however if you are digging in for just a large bowl of ice cream to enjoy it takes some extra scooping. In the scheme of life this isn't a big deal and we make the extra effort, but if I could redo the purchase for our family I would opt for a different scooper.
On the other hand, my mother-in-law purchased the same Pampered Chef scoop and loves it because they only eat small portions of ice cream. She also finds it works nicely for specialty drinks that require small scoops of sherbert.
It's a great product and just depends what you're looking for.

Easy to clean in warm water but not the dishwasher.

The best ice cream scoop I have used.

Comments about Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop:

After years of using other ice cream scoops I bought a Pampered Chef one at the recommendation of my son and daughter in law.I had several scoops, but they said this one was better and they were right. It is great at scooping out hard ice cream. Instead of waiting for the ice cream to thaw a bit you can use it right away.

The scoop is easy to clean, but it has to be hand washed. Putting it in the dishwasher causes it to lose the property that allows it to conduct the heat from your hand. It will still work but not as well.

The scoop is made of metal and is strong. The handle and the scoop are all one piece so that the utensil will not break.

The great thing about this scoop is that it conducts the heat from your hand so that it works well on hard ice cream. The scoop is gently rounded and has a thick handle. It is easy to hold and gives good leverage to scoop put even the hardest ice cream.

Makes scooping ice cream easy

Comments about Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop:

The Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop makes scooping cold ice cream very easy. There is some type of liquid inside the scoop that seems to melt the ice cream as you scoop it. With this ice cream scoop, you don't have to let your ice cream set out to get soft before you use it.

The only thing that I do not like about this scoop is that you cannot put it in the dishwasher. When it went in the dishwasher, the liquid leaked out of it and the texture on the outside of the ice cream scoop seemed to change. I actually had to throw out this ice cream scoop, but I'll buy one again in the future. I'll make sure to be more careful that no one mistakenly puts this in the dishwasher.

This cannot be put in the dishwasher. You have to wash it by hand so the liquid does not drain out of the scoop.

This would be more durable if it hadn't been run thru the dishwasher.

The design of this product makes it very easy to scoop ice cream.

The perfect scoop!

Comments about Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop:

I am a huge fan of Pampered Chef. I love the Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop. It is one of the only ice cream scoops I've ever used that gives a perfect scoop every time. It warms up well when you leave it out on the counter which allows for easier scooping of the ice cream! It is on the expensive side, though, but it's worth every penny. It works much better than any plastic scoop out there!

Works Wonderfully

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop:

This is, by far, the best ice cream scoop I have ever purchased! It works so well that I even bought a second, just in case! I've also given it as a gift numerous times.

The scoop feels substantial in the hand and is well balanced and easy to really get the leverage you need to scoop ice cream out of the carton, especially hard ice cream. This is also super easy to wash since it is a single, solid piece. I hand wash mine just so it stays in good condition. It just takes a few seconds. The ice cream never sticks to it, creating a mess.

This is one powerful scoop too! It can scoop anything from lightweight, whipped ice creams to heavy premium ice creams. It even does a wonderful job with rock hard ice creams directly from a sub zero freezer that would normally bend a spoon or break a standard scoop.

I love to give this as a gift in a basket with a few pints of homemade ice cream. It's an unusual and useful hostess or housewarming gift.

The only ice cream scoop you'll ever need.

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop:

The Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop is a durable and effective ice cream scoop. This is a simple ice cream scoop, no bells and whistles, but none are needed.

It's all one piece which is very helpful when cleaning, no ice cream hiding in crevices that are difficult to clean. This ice cream scoop cuts through ice cream with ease and if you need a little extra help just run it under some warm water before you scoop and that takes care of even the harder ice cream varieties.

As mentioned, this ice cream scoop is one solid piece, this is also beneficial because there is no risk of breaking parts. The handle is sturdy and solid to help with the serious business of scooping ice cream.

The Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop makes it easy to scoop ice cream and also makes beautiful, round and smooth scoops of ice cream.

I've tried other ice cream scoops that look like this ice cream scoop and they just aren't the same. Save yourself the time and just go for this one, you won't need any others.

Best Ice Cream Scoop I Have Used

Comments about Pampered Chef Ice Cream Scoop:

This is my favorite ice cream scoop of all time!

Pampered Chef's Ice Cream Scoop has something inside that uses the heat from your hand to warm the actual scoop. This helps to cut through the ice cream easily. This is perfect if you have a freezer like mine that keeps your ice cream in an extremely hard block. Instead of letting it soften for a few minutes on the counter, you can scoop your ice cream right away. It also saves my wrist from the pain of having to exert so much force (oh what we will endure for ice cream!).

The design of the Pampered Chef scoop makes it really comfortable to hold and use. It also cleans very easily, although you cannot put it into the dishwasher because of the warming liquid inside. If you do accidentally forget and run it in the dishwasher, that feature probably won't work anymore depending on the heat level used. However, it is still a good scoop even without it!